Author Topic: Aeotec MultiSensor 6  (Read 1583 times)

Offline davemedlin

Aeotec MultiSensor 6
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:32:44 pm »
Hi all, I'm using this sensor to trigger a light in a closet when motion is detected. It's working fine for that but it sends alerts each time it's tripped and untripped. Not email or SMS to me but alerts to the VeraEdge system so that I've always got alerts on the dashboard. Does anyone know how to turn these off? I'm using the VeraEdge with latest firmware. Also, as others have mentioned, the temperature sensor seems to be off by 10 degrees or more, anyone know how to calibrate it?  Thanks!!

Dave

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Aeotec MultiSensor 6
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:56:45 pm »
Hi all, I'm using this sensor to trigger a light in a closet when motion is detected. It's working fine for that but it sends alerts each time it's tripped and untripped. Not email or SMS to me but alerts to the VeraEdge system so that I've always got alerts on the dashboard. Does anyone know how to turn these off? I'm using the VeraEdge with latest firmware. Also, as others have mentioned, the temperature sensor seems to be off by 10 degrees or more, anyone know how to calibrate it?  Thanks!!

Dave

If a sensor is set to armed in vera's eyes it means your not home and the alarm is set. As soon as that sensor is tripped while armed then it will send an alert.

Vera wants you to arm sensors when no one is set to be home. Think alarm panel in your house.

Offline davemedlin

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »
Forgot to mention that it isn't armed. I figured that out about armed being for security and that's not what I want to use it for, just for the motion detection to turn on the light. It's working fine for that and I don't really even care about the temperature sensor being off, just want to stop the danged alerts!

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 01:25:42 pm »
Forgot to mention that it isn't armed. I figured that out about armed being for security and that's not what I want to use it for, just for the motion detection to turn on the light. It's working fine for that and I don't really even care about the temperature sensor being off, just want to stop the danged alerts!

Think of it as a log. It's not sending any notifications and its only in the UI which you shouldn't be using much anyways.

Offline Myren

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:00 pm »
It shows up as alerts i my app aswell so i would love to Know how to turn it off

Skickat fr?n min iPhone

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »
It shows up as alerts i my app aswell so i would love to Know how to turn it off

Skickat fr?n min iPhone

As explained you can't.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 06:14:39 pm »
I got hung up on the alerts thing at first but have learned to ignore them.

The alerts system doesn't work, waste of time lol

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »
I got hung up on the alerts thing at first but have learned to ignore them.

The alerts system doesn't work, waste of time lol

The thing is the alerts are just logs, they are not notifications. If you have notifications setup they will not match. Also if the device is not armed then you should not get alerts or notifications.

The OP says his is not armed, but testing all of my they don't set an alert until it's set to armed. I just tested my motion right now.

The other thing is I don't use the stock app and I don't use home modes either. The stock app, alerts and home modes suck compared to all the other options out there. So I have also learned to ignore them.

Offline Les F

• When not home, I can be found at the cabin
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 01:40:59 pm »

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever figure out how to keep the 6 in 1 a bit quieter (as in no dashboard alerts on motion if not armed)  It is very annoying to have my dashboard alerts full when I dont have the 6 in 1 even enabled to alarm for motion.  Call it a log entry or whatever, if it was just logging somewhere that would be fine.

To me the dashboard is for alerts.   None of my other motion sensors do this when they are not even armed.

Google+ http://tinyurl.com/7hewkbn / Instagram: https://goo.gl/0Hr8K4 / Pinterest https://goo.gl/WjZCQp (Yes, Pinterest is for guys too! take a look)