Author Topic: Energy monitoring and graphs - any interest?  (Read 856 times)

Offline Florin

Re: Energy monitoring and graphs - any interest?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:48:10 am »
I ll check that, however I was really hoping to offload anything extra from vera, vera is really limited hw. And then I would need another machine to run grafana

Emonscms is great in offloading and setting a feed is really simple. But I dont like the rest of it.

I built my own small solution for monitoring the energy consumption of my well pump and fence lights and it was not that difficult.

I push the logs from vera to a raspberry pi and parse them to get the info I need and store that in a mysql database. Then I use c3js to create the graphs. Attached is the graph for the well pump. In orange is consumption in watts. In blue is a counter that starts when the pump starts and counts for 6 minutes. I have a scene that checks that the pump is off when the counter finishes and if sends an email.

I keep all the logs from when I started this, so if I want to add another device to the graphs, I can reprocess all files.

Offline ipstas

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 03:26:21 pm »
Free graphs / gauges visualization https://www.hundredgraphs.com

Works really simple, you just need a lua file (provided as well), change it to your liking with devices id and serviceId, add to your Luup files. Edit your Startup Lua to include
monitcode = require("Moniton")

As soon as you have started pushing data you can select what feed is going to be used for linear or gauge and it comes to your dashboard

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 06:56:29 am »
Free graphs / gauges visualization https://www.hundredgraphs.com

Works really simple, you just need a lua file (provided as well), change it to your liking with devices id and serviceId, add to your Luup files. Edit your Startup Lua to include
monitcode = require("Moniton")

As soon as you have started pushing data you can select what feed is going to be used for linear or gauge and it comes to your dashboard
Huh,?
Are you still looking into building a replacement or a power usage plugin ipstas?

Offline ipstas

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 11:52:47 am »