Author Topic: DataYours - a Data Storage Provider for AltUI  (Read 6624 times)

Offline losbozos

Re: DataYours - a Data Storage Provider for AltUI
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 12:56:00 pm »
I seem to be having some problems with dropped data points. I have aeotec 6-1 sensor installed on vera lite and AltUI, DataYours and DarkSky installed on BeagleBone. I configured whisper via the dataYours UI web page to record humidity readings from the Aeotec and DarkSky every 30 minutes.  Vera is set up to poll humidity every 15 minutes. DarkSky data is mostly there, but the data from Vera is real spotty. DarkSky outages may correspond to times when I was messing with the system.  I'm new to the software, so is there something simple I'm missing about how this is supposed to work?

Offline jswim788

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 12:29:03 am »
I'd like to use the 'derivative' function in Grafana to show the change in accumulated energy (kWH) as read from my electric meter (i.e., power over time).  But I can't get this to work.  Nothing shows up on the graph.  Is Grafana doing this derivative calculation?  Or is it requesting that the DataYours provide this?

If I don't use the derivative function I can see the stored values, but that isn't what I want to plot.  So Grafana is working, just not this function.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 05:07:22 am »
I seem to be having some problems with dropped data points. I have aeotec 6-1 sensor installed on vera lite and AltUI, DataYours and DarkSky installed on BeagleBone. I configured whisper via the dataYours UI web page to record humidity readings from the Aeotec and DarkSky every 30 minutes.  Vera is set up to poll humidity every 15 minutes. DarkSky data is mostly there, but the data from Vera is real spotty. DarkSky outages may correspond to times when I was messing with the system.  I'm new to the software, so is there something simple I'm missing about how this is supposed to work?

This is a complex issue because of the relationship between Zwave device settings, Vera polling, your selected archive structure, and the plotting options...

• it's quite likely that the Aeotec sensor only reports values when they change
  • Vera polling is not a reliable indication of how often things will actually be sampled
  • I use DarkSky with 15 min polling and 10 min archive sampling (for historical reasons), so for me every other sample is null
  • plotting can be configures to ignore nulls, in which case the lines are connected

Connected lines across intervals with many nulls can give very odd looking results, so a good option here is to use 'staircase' plots which hold the previous value until the next updated one.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 05:13:47 am »
I'd like to use the 'derivative' function in Grafana to show the change in accumulated energy (kWH) as read from my electric meter (i.e., power over time).  But I can't get this to work.  Nothing shows up on the graph.  Is Grafana doing this derivative calculation?  Or is it requesting that the DataYours provide this?

If I don't use the derivative function I can see the stored values, but that isn't what I want to plot.  So Grafana is working, just not this function.

Grafana doesn't compute derivatives, the function is passed to the Graphite system, in this case DataYours.  Currently no functions are implemented in DataYours, although I have a new, much more compatible, graphics server in the works which is based on Graphite-API (but translated in Lua) as described here https://github.com/brutasse/graphite-api

This version could, in due course, have functions easily added (even user-definable.)  However, this is a long way off release.  In the mean time, you could try the solution I use for power meters and published (long ago) here NorthQ Watt Calculator
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline jswim788

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 01:15:43 pm »
Well that explains my issue.  I look forward to the new version when it arrives.  I can implement the workaround similar to what you did in your other post.  I thought I had an easy way to do with with the function, but the other way can work.  Thanks for the quick response.

Offline Sjoerd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 06:26:12 am »
Are you using the latest version?  It registers with AltUI as a data provider and should appear on the list of one of the storage options.

I have a recent version downloaded from Github (found now over writing my L_DataUser.lua   :( )
Still AltUi is not displaying the option to push to DataYours

See Attached

Searching the log for DataWatch:
Code: [Select]
50 11/02/17 8:57:45.393 luup_log:9: DataYours:  service: Watch - L_DataWatcher <0x765a8520>
50 11/02/17 8:57:45.411 luup_log:9: DataWatcher: starting variable watch... <0x765a8520>
50 11/02/17 8:57:45.414 luup_log:9: DataWatcher: registering with AltUI [11] as Data Storage Provider <0x765a8520>
08 11/02/17 8:57:45.416 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument newUrl=http://127.0.0.1:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataWatcherRelay&target={0} <0x765a8520>

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 07:42:59 am »
Which version?  Did you download from the Development branch? (that?s the latest)

Offline Sjoerd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 06:35:15 pm »
I used version 2016-10

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
I used version 2016-10

Latest is 17.9.18, from the development branch...
https://github.com/akbooer/DataYours/tree/development

Offline Sjoerd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 11:30:44 am »
Updated to dev version:
Still no luck,
Anything else I can check?

Code: [Select]
50 11/04/17 16:28:21.375 luup_log:9: DataYours:  service: Watch - L_DataWatcher <0x77038520>
50 11/04/17 16:28:21.409 luup_log:9: DataWatcher: starting variable watch... <0x77038520>
50 11/04/17 16:28:21.412 luup_log:9: DataWatcher: registering with AltUI [11] as Data Storage Provider <0x77038520>
08 11/04/17 16:28:21.414 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument newUrl=http://127.0.0.1:3480/data_request?id=lr_DataWatcherRelay&target={0} <0x77038520>

Offline jsimpson

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 04:55:49 am »
Hoping akbooer can help with this.

Have been a long time user of DataYours on my VeraLite (UI5) and used the remote access frequently to keep a check on things.  Many thanks for this wonderful plugin. 
Unfortunately my VeraLite died recently and I have now acquired Veraplus (UI7).  I have successfully installed DY on it and I'm able to view data stored on my NAS via the DY dashboard.  This is fine for local access, but I understand that remote access can't be achieved in the same way as with UI5. So I installed AltUI and now very much prefer this interface over UI7.  My aim now is to remote access my VeraPlus using AltUI and view my DY data.
DataYours was installed from the Vera App store and then the files updated to the latest (from akbooers Github development branch). DY has registered withAltUI and I can select it from the menu when choosing to watch a variable ....all good so far.  My problem is I can't see the data in graphical form. I think the Graphic URL is wrong and it's not finding the data.  Hence it's showing 404 - Not Found.  I don't understand if this URL is something I should be entering each time or if it should pick it up automatically from somewhere.  I also get the same message 404 - Not Found when I click on any of the dataxxx config or Graphite metrics index links on the control tab of DY. Please see attachments which hopefully show my problem.

Any help much appreciated.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 05:05:08 am »
Yes, I rather suspect that this needs updating after Vera's recent attempts at 'security improvements.'

For both the graphic URL and the links to the various configurations, can you try putting /port_3480 in front of them and see if that works?

Offline jsimpson

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2018, 05:40:34 am »
Wow, that was quick.

Yes, that did it for local access, but unfortunately when viewing remotely it shows 'ERROR:Module not found:port_3480'.

Any other ideas?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 05:49:05 am »
OK, so I need to update the links in the software so that they work locally.  I will do that.

For remote access, I can't really help, it's simply something that I don't do.  I know that it's not necessarily straight-forward.  I'm not up to speed with the latest methods of remote access for AltUI.  Maybe something that you can ask on that thread.

Offline jsimpson

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 05:54:32 am »
Ok, thanks for your help.  I'm nearly there, will try the other thread.