Author Topic: RFXcom - adding new devices => RFXtrx : CreateNewDevice: invalid arguments  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Kryckmeister

I upgraded to UI7 in december and haven't added any new devices to the RFX after the upgrade. When I do try to add devices (AC or ARC, which both are enabled) I get "Vera will reload to validate the changes..." followed by "RFXtrx : CreateNewDevice: invalid arguments" at the top.

I can't figure out what to do. The 433 devices already created work as they are supposed to.

Offline dreynolds09

Hi - did you resolve this? I am having the same issue. It comes up as "Vera will reload to validate changes...." , and then nothing happens!

Offline TDMA

I have this issue as well after upgrading to newest firmware on Vera Edge.
I can't manually add a new device for the RFXtrx or start to auto creation mode.

Offline blupo

I meet the same issue with Vera plus after upgrading the last firmware version 1.7.3232.
I have a Rfxtrx with which I created 11 blindcovers Somfy RTS during August 2017.
Now I want to create a new RFY device, and this message appears on screen "Vera will reload to validate changes...." , and after nothing happens.
Any idea to fix that?
Thanks

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Do not upgrade to new FW, there is a documented bug with ports.
Best to revert to previous software and wait until MIOS fix the problem they created.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Cricri

Re: RFXcom - adding new devices => RFXtrx : CreateNewDevice: invalid arguments
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 04:06:21 am »
Hi,

I had the same problem (impossible to create new device RFY).

I have downgraded to 1.7.1754 and now it's working fine.

The URL to use for downgrade is http://dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/mios/release/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:20:19 am by Cricri »