Author Topic: Alt UI UI7 - Remote Logon problem  (Read 3075 times)

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
Alt UI UI7 - Remote Logon problem
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:43:52 am »
I am going  to UI7 remote access: https://vera-ui.strongcubedfitness.com/Veralogin.php

I enter my Vera Logon details and passoword and it take me to an option to click on device.

With a tab for Toggle Details

I may be being stupid, and I am sure everyone will let me know if I am  ;) but on my Phone - Chrome, Andriod Phone-Default Browser, PC Chrome and PC-IE there is nothing clickable.

Marc Shenker

Re: Alt UI UI7 - Remote Logon problem
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
brwnbr, not sure what the url is. The url to login to a controller on UI7 home.getvera.com.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:07:15 pm »
I am going  to UI7 remote access: https://vera-ui.strongcubedfitness.com/Veralogin.php

I enter my Vera Logon details and passoword and it take me to an option to click on device.

With a tab for Toggle Details

I may be being stupid, and I am sure everyone will let me know if I am  ;) but on my Phone - Chrome, Andriod Phone-Default Browser, PC Chrome and PC-IE there is nothing clickable.

the url https://vera-ui.strongcubedfitness.com/Veralogin.php is correct for remote access to your vera if you use ALTUI on your vera and the plugin is installed.

you first enter user name + password plus click on sign in.

Then a second page should appear with a message "Click on the device you want to reach" and a table;  you click on one of the lines of the table to remotely login to your ALTUI controlled vera

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:08:46 pm by amg0 »

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:04:27 am »
I have done just that and after entering my Username and Password it takes me to
https://vera-ui.strongcubedfitness.com/VeraloginAction.php

I see :

Remote Login to VERA Alternate UI

Click on the device you want to reach

InternalIP   Platform   Firmware   Mac Address   Relay
192.168.1.111   Sercomm%20NA301 #45106147   1.7.1707   xx:60:yy:03:zz:1a   vera-eu-oem-relay12.mios.com

-----
The above is in a table . But there is no option to click I can click anywhere in the table along the line 192.168.1.111 but nothing

Suggestions?

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 01:06:15 pm »
I have done just that and after entering my Username and Password it takes me to
https://vera-ui.strongcubedfitness.com/VeraloginAction.php

I see :

Remote Login to VERA Alternate UI

Click on the device you want to reach

InternalIP   Platform   Firmware   Mac Address   Relay
192.168.1.111   Sercomm%20NA301 #45106147   1.7.1707   xx:60:yy:03:zz:1a   vera-eu-oem-relay12.mios.com

-----
The above is in a table . But there is no option to click I can click anywhere in the table along the line 192.168.1.111 but nothing

Suggestions?
Click on the line

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 12:57:10 pm »
I have included a screenshot as if my ALTUI Plugin is not behaving correctly I would not see what others are seeing, which is clearly the is the case. As there really in nothing to click on.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 05:01:35 pm »
I have included a screenshot as if my ALTUI Plugin is not behaving correctly I would not see what others are seeing, which is clearly the is the case. As there really in nothing to click on.

I confirm you see the same thing as others see. you just need to click on the line ( like where your IP address is shown )

Now, if the ALTUI plugin is not installed properly, or if we have a communication issue, it will nto work. so the first thing to verify is if the plugin is installed properly and if the local access with http://<yourip>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home works properly.   once that is proven, then we can work on a remote access problem

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:48:26 am »
Hi amg0. Thanks for the response. I can confirm it works locally on PC and phone.

I can create you a personal account and send your account details in a personal message. So you can see for yourself?

Once finished I delete the account?

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 10:25:42 am »
Hi amg0. Thanks for the response. I can confirm it works locally on PC and phone.

I can create you a personal account and send your account details in a personal message. So you can see for yourself?

Once finished I delete the account?
I am out this week so will be difficult.
Using this same account and password, and using the official getvera portal, do you get access to your unit under ui7?

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 04:06:34 am »
Yes I do. No problems at all remote via the office vera portal. I use a password manager so no problems with password or account mismatch. When I do get to the screen to click on the device all I get is a pointer or the copy/paste | but no click hand anywhere in that area. The fact that it takes me through to that screen says it's validated my password.
One thing that concerns me is if I login to ALTUI locally at the bottom of the screen I see another of my user accounts (my sons) not mine which I logged on with.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »
Yes I do. No problems at all remote via the office vera portal. I use a password manager so no problems with password or account mismatch. When I do get to the screen to click on the device all I get is a pointer or the copy/paste | but no click hand anywhere in that area. The fact that it takes me through to that screen says it's validated my password.
yes so now just click once on the line displayed on the table and wait ( could take 1 2 minutes )
One thing that concerns me is if I login to ALTUI locally at the bottom of the screen I see another of my user accounts (my sons) not mine which I logged on with.
no relation to this issue and harmless. I just display one user name ( which is garanteed to be unique since MCV does not create duplicate names ) and I just just need one name to register people when they donate. so no issue here

Offline brownbr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 04:51:27 am »
There is an ' in my device name which was breaking your code.

I have taken it out, but you may want to look for this within the code.

Thanks for the help. Brent

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 04:58:10 am »
There is an ' in my device name which was breaking your code.

I have taken it out, but you may want to look for this within the code.

Thanks for the help. Brent

a!  ok. will look

Offline icare

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 02:55:39 pm »
This issue is still not solved. Over the past two years I have been unable to get the remote login working and thus abandoned installation of the plug in. Until yesterday when I read 'brownbr' post on device name anomalies. I have a device called 't-Spieghel which is acceptable by VERA convention however inhibits from loading ALT UI remotely. Only by changing the device name to Spieghel am I able to get it working, i.e. 't corrupts the login process.
Hope this can be rectified to ensure the device name is not meaningless.

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 05:42:46 am »
This issue is still not solved. Over the past two years I have been unable to get the remote login working and thus abandoned installation of the plug in. Until yesterday when I read 'brownbr' post on device name anomalies. I have a device called 't-Spieghel which is acceptable by VERA convention however inhibits from loading ALT UI remotely. Only by changing the device name to Spieghel am I able to get it working, i.e. 't corrupts the login process.
Hope this can be rectified to ensure the device name is not meaningless.

I would need more info on what fails exactly ? at which step exactly of the process and in which page (url) ? what are the javascript console log messages ?