We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Show Us Your Dashboards  (Read 4968 times)

Offline RichardPHarvey

Show Us Your Dashboards
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
I'm starting to dig a little deeper into using Imperihome on my spare iPad.  I'm thinking that some of the features found on the Android version have yet to be implemented on the Apple version.  Like the ability to drag and drop a widget to change it's location.  Also it seems that the dynamic icons don't change state.  But beyond that I would love to see some of the creative dashboards that the long time users have created, so post your favorite designs.

Offline bdevaux

Re: Show Us Your Dashboards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:31:13 am »
This is my main page for my wall mounted android tablet

Offline JohnRob

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:18 am »
Your dashboard looks great!   I'm new to Vera (old x10 guy) waiting for my VeraPlus.  Your post makes me feel the system I imagined with Vera can really materialize.

Thanks for sharing.

JohnRob

Offline dinkeldorf

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:41:51 pm »
That looks great! How did you embed the forecast? I'm currently using an iPhone, just now playing with an iPad but thinking long & hard about a android tablet since it has more functionality.

This is my main page for my wall mounted android tablet

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:40:47 pm »
thanks guys...the ios version is not 100% so stick with android. For the weather i made a webpage and this widget. I spent HOURS looking for something simple and only forcast. This is perfect once you load it up for the first time and scroll into position. I have been using a wall tablet now for a year and been very happy. Any questions let me know

Offline bangis

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 11:29:23 am »
finally got around to setting up Imperihome

http://imgur.com/a/qqXI4

Also did a quick video to show what this was able to do -

10" tablet running Imperihome controlling Philips Hue lights / lightstrips, Logitech Harmony, and the Vera Gateway (for z-wave control of blinds, aircon, etc)

Still tweaking the sequence, but so far, I have it set to the following:

- Media button triggers Activity on the Harmony Hub (turn on AVR, turn on TV, turn off pin lights and track lights, turn on LED strip behind TV)
- Kore controls Kodi (running on NAS directly connected to AVR)
- Kodi set up to dim cove lights and LED strip behind TV when any video starts. Hue addon synchronizes colors of the LED strips to those onscreen (some people complain about delays, but it's good enough for me)
- Kodi turns up brightness on LED strips when video stops playing
- Media off on Harmony turns off AVR, TV and LED strip behind TV, turns on pin lights and track lights

https://vimeo.com/182104502

Offline stress1ner

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 01:14:03 pm »
finally got around to setting up Imperihome

http://imgur.com/a/qqXI4

Also did a quick video to show what this was able to do -

10" tablet running Imperihome controlling Philips Hue lights / lightstrips, Logitech Harmony, and the Vera Gateway (for z-wave control of blinds, aircon, etc)

Still tweaking the sequence, but so far, I have it set to the following:

- Media button triggers Activity on the Harmony Hub (turn on AVR, turn on TV, turn off pin lights and track lights, turn on LED strip behind TV)
- Kore controls Kodi (running on NAS directly connected to AVR)
- Kodi set up to dim cove lights and LED strip behind TV when any video starts. Hue addon synchronizes colors of the LED strips to those onscreen (some people complain about delays, but it's good enough for me)
- Kodi turns up brightness on LED strips when video stops playing
- Media off on Harmony turns off AVR, TV and LED strip behind TV, turns on pin lights and track lights

https://vimeo.com/182104502

I am using a lenovo tab also but i stay getting ERR42 so annoying, are you experiencing similar  issues also, also from stand by have to wait for refresh to get accurate widgets state?

Offline bangis

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:30 pm »
I am using a lenovo tab also but i stay getting ERR42 so annoying, are you experiencing similar  issues also, also from stand by have to wait for refresh to get accurate widgets state?

I had that ERR42 issue show up with a generic 10" tablet, but a reboot sorted it and I managed to get all the Vera / Hue devices loaded. I have to auto wake on movement (although this rarely works, I have to tap the screen). widgets state also hit and miss, but my place isn't that big, so it doesn't fuss me that much. as long as they control the devices, ok with me

Offline tomgru

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:53 am »
#bangis, as far as the motion wake up goes... I find this 50/50 depending on the tablet.  What almost always works is their other method recommended (on the IM Website with directions) using the Motion Detector app on Google Play.

Oh, and you guys may have found this already ... the Target Home Launcher app is also awesome.  Once setup, you can make it always go to the IH Dashboard when someone hits the home button.  Useful if you also use your tablet for things like Sonos, etc.

Offline bangis

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 05:46:29 am »
#bangis, as far as the motion wake up goes... I find this 50/50 depending on the tablet.  What almost always works is their other method recommended (on the IM Website with directions) using the Motion Detector app on Google Play.

Oh, and you guys may have found this already ... the Target Home Launcher app is also awesome.  Once setup, you can make it always go to the IH Dashboard when someone hits the home button.  Useful if you also use your tablet for things like Sonos, etc.

I actually didn't know about both of these - just implemented them and works beautifully. Thanks for bringing it up!

Offline Gary S

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good tablet for me it will be wall mounted and only used to run my house.

Offline mbrunton

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
I brought a couple of cheap 8 inch galaxy Tab A's. Worked out around AUD$200 each on sale, but you can probably get them way less overseas

Offline tomgru

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
Can anyone recommend a good tablet for me it will be wall mounted and only used to run my house.

I've purchased 7 and 8" refurbs from Amazon.... mostly Acer and Asus.  can usually get for less than $100, and in find them to be of better quality than some of the knock off brands

Offline Gary S

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 12:55:05 pm »
Great thanks for the input. I think I'm going to try the 10 inch asus.

Offline adamhay

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 05:58:39 am »
I use a Nexus 7 tablet (original version) picked up second-hand. Works fine. Mounted on the wall with power cable disappearing into wall behind it.

Comes on automatically when you you come near it.