We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Remote Access  (Read 10866 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Remote Access
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 05:49:23 am »
I was just thinking of looking for index.html and then you could do what you like with a redirect.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 07:50:37 am »
..., and images do not work as you truly only have a connection to port 3480 this way, not on 80 too.

I've just realised that if, on loading, I convert all icon file references in .json files to HTTP port 3480 references, then this should work just fine with remote (or local) access.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 08:18:25 am »
Hi akbooer,

let me know if you want me to test anything.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 08:32:04 am »

I've updated the development branch so that the server looks for index.html files.

I place the following in /etc/cmh-ludl/index.html

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
   <!-- HTML meta refresh URL redirection -->
   <meta http-equiv="refresh"
   content="0; url=/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home#">
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

and now http://openLuupIP:3480/ redirects to AltUI.

Does this work for you in remote mode?

If so, I'll press ahead with considering the icon fix.  I really do want to see openLuup performing well with remote access.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:24:04 pm by akbooer »

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 01:09:12 pm »
@reneboer

Did you have an opportunity to test Ak's latest change ? I'm curious as I'm still maybe a day or so out before I can. I had to reach out to Weaved this morning as they don't have an installer for OpenWrt on an ARM device. Seems I'm the first to ask (wait till I ask for an x86 installer) so they provided me with really good instructions to manually load using various binaries (I need to find one that's compatible). So if you don't get a chance then I should be able to hopefully soon.

Thanks

Hi akbooer,

Cheers Rene
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 01:20:35 pm »
Hi akbooer,

I just pulled the master fork, but it is not working for me. Also not if i enter http://<PI-IP>:3480/ locally did I get a wrong version?

Cheers Rene

2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 01:38:51 pm »
...but it is not working for me.

Need a bit more in the way of diagnostics... what's not working, AltUI?  What's in the log(s) ?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 05:13:09 am »
...but it is not working for me.

Need a bit more in the way of diagnostics... what's not working, AltUI?  What's in the log(s) ?
I know sorry for the bad PD, but I only had 30 minutes to give it a shot. It is the redirect that is not working. Using a full URL does still work. I'll look in more detail the coming days. Tad busy on other things.

Cheers Rene

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 05:41:26 am »
It is the redirect that is not working. Using a full URL does still work.

You do have the necessary index.html file?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 08:46:05 am »
It is the redirect that is not working. Using a full URL does still work.

You do have the necessary index.html file?
Yes did put that in /etc/cmh-ludl as instructions say. I tried remote today and that is not working with appending the full URL so nt sure what happened. I'll try to find out.

Cheers Rene

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 11:20:41 am »
A further thought: have you updated your L_VeraBridge.lua file recently?  That changed on Feb 15 to fix a type problem with the device altid attribute.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 03:59:25 pm »
A further thought: have you updated your L_VeraBridge.lua file recently?  That changed on Feb 15 to fix a type problem with the device altid attribute.
You caught me. I just spend some time looking at the log and noticing it was constantly restarting on the first VeraBrige device. So updated that, got to this forum page and there you are. You guessed my error. With the refreshed VeraBridge now working like a charm  :D. Remote access to my PI running openLuup.

Well done again, Karma on it way.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:01:12 pm by reneboer »

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2016, 04:54:52 pm »
That's great news !

You caught me. I just spend some time looking at the log and noticing it was constantly restarting on the first VeraBrige device. So updated that, got to this forum page and there you are. You guessed my error. With the refreshed VeraBridge now working like a charm  :D. Remote access to my PI running openLuup.

Well done again, Karma on it way.

Cheers Rene
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
Well, that is good news!  Although I'm not sure I deserve the karma, since I really caused the problem in the first place!

I also have icon access running through port 3480 now, so it should work remotely.  I'll update the development branch tomorrow (probably.)

Offline JCH

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2016, 08:47:33 pm »
Thats awesome news!

Whats your thoughts on forwarding port 3480 for remote access instead of weave.com?
If someone did manage to get in wouldn't they still need a login id and password?