Author Topic: Remote Access  (Read 9990 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Remote Access
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 02:44:35 am »
That's generally considered to be a bad idea on several levels, and no, openLuup is entirely open in that way too.  Your network and firewall is the mechanism which protects you, and I wouldn't start punching holes in it.

I haven't yet looked at weaved.com, but it sounds promising?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:53:26 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 04:56:58 am »
Hi akbooer,

The karma is for the nice solution of course. Weaved was one of the first remote access options I found that supports several platforms including raspberry Pi and is free for personal use. They also have an API that would make it possible to create a portal like is done for Vera or ALTUI to Vera's. Using their portal directly works as well though. Not blazingly fast to startup, but it sure works. Also DataMine2 works with this.

I'll pull the development tread once you give to green light.

BTW; I accidently created a fork on GitHub for openLuup trying to get a local copy in GitHub desktop for easy downloading just some files rather than the complete repository as zip. Now I cannot get rid of it it seems. Off topic I know sorry, but any hints?

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: openLuup: Remote Access
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 10:08:56 am »
Weaved was one of the first remote access options I found that supports several platforms including raspberry Pi and is free for personal use.

Well, karma to you too!  I've just tried weaved.com on my BeagleBone Black running openLuup and it's magic!  Everything appears to work (although I found an error in DataYours where I need to change the registered URL to relative from absolute.)

I'll pull the development tread once you give to green light.

Not sure I understand what you're going to put in the pull request?  Anyway, I'm about to update the development branch with a pre-release of v0.7 which has the fix for icons server through port 3480.  I've also updated the user guide to indicate recent changes.  You won't need the /www/cmh/skins/default/... directories any more since it pulls them directly from /etc/cmh-ludl/icons/.

BTW; I accidently created a fork on GitHub for openLuup trying to get a local copy in GitHub desktop for easy downloading just some files rather than the complete repository as zip. Now I cannot get rid of it it seems. Off topic I know sorry, but any hints?

You've tried deleting the branch from both the desktop and the web ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:20:06 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 11:25:29 am »
Just to prove it, here's a screen shot of openLuup on a BeagleBone Black running through weaved.com (you can see from the browser URL) and showing an AltUI graphic of memory usage using DataYours as a Data Storage Provider...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:02:23 pm by akbooer »

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 12:03:15 pm »
Karma bumps to both of you actually for filling a much needed area.... I'm extremely close to getting OpenWrt working, it's very much a manual process....
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
Thanks for that, but I don't think we're quite there yet... @reneboer has spotted a problem with remote access to icons.  I think it's fixable, but may need discussion with @amg0 on AltUI.  Nevertheless, the concept of not using a port 80 server is solid, I believe, and certainly works well locally.

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »
Hmm, missed that .. I'm sure this will get worked out fairly soon ..

Thanks for that, but I don't think we're quite there yet... @reneboer has spotted a problem with remote access to icons.  I think it's fixable, but may need discussion with @amg0 on AltUI.  Nevertheless, the concept of not using a port 80 server is solid, I believe, and certainly works well locally.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 03:53:51 am »
Hi akbooer, amg0,

Thanks for your hard work again. Remote with icons works like a dream with the latest versions  :D.

Kudo's, karma, etc.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline logread

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 01:21:54 pm »
I just gave weaved.com a try and it works very well in a browser session with AltUI serving the icons and everything well. BUT... I am also getting same result when connecting through my openVPN...

My objective is really to use the Homewave iOS app for remote access to openLuup exactly as it does on the native Vera relay servers... I understand that Homewave can be set up to access a Vera based on URL/username/password combination (i.e. with port forwarding for instance) but I am stuck with how to do this through weaved.com (their tech papers provide a "command line" example of the URL/username/password combination but it seems only valid for SSH and SCP protocols...). Any ideas ?

Thanks
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline ronluna

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 12:49:46 pm »
I was wondering if adding http header authentication to openluup could be another option.

similar to this?
https://github.com/keplerproject/wsapi_basic_auth
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:44:58 pm by ronluna »

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 05:18:43 pm »
Just implemented the Weaved API, well written and very easy to do.. Not to mention FAST.... The Vera method (acquiring a token) was an absolute beating !!!! And failed 15% of the time which (censored)... Weaved and openLuup together are FAST. If anyone has any API questions just ask....

I'm basically using this as a means for geo-location. My wife and I both use Android phones so I use Tasker to send a UID and Lat/Long to my web service (cloud) when we're outside of known locations. This now fixes what was once hit-or-miss due to Vera.

Code: [Select]
POST {removed}/api HTTP/1.1
Content-Length: 74
X-Forwarded-Port: 443
X-Forwarded-For: {removed}
Connection: close
User-Agent: CudaNet
Host: {removed}
X-Forwarded-Proto: https

{"id":{removed},"dev":"{Removed}","switch":"data_request?id=alive"}

--

Function: openLuup
Request to openLuup: https://{removed}.weaved.com/data_request?id=alive
GET https://{removed}.weaved.com/data_request?id=alive:200
GET https://{removed}.weaved.com/data_request?id=alive HTTP/1.1
HTTP/1.1 200
Content-Length: 2
accept-encoding: Identity
transfer-encoding: chunked
server: openresty/1.9.3.1
connection: keep-alive
allow: GET
date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:53:30 GMT
access-control-allow-origin: *
content-type: text/plain

OK

HTTP Status Code: 200

Offline logread

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:54 am »
Just implemented the Weaved API, well written and very easy to do.. Not to mention FAST.... The Vera method (acquiring a token) was an absolute beating !!!! And failed 15% of the time which (censored)... Weaved and openLuup together are FAST. If anyone has any API questions just ask....

I did play that API as well and I confirm it is easy to implement and works fast... But I primarily use HomeWave on iPhone/iPad to control my home automation remotely, using a browser almost only for tweaking/diagnosis/development. While a VPN solution works for Homewave/openLuup, it is not WAF compliant due to need to start/close the VPN before/after running HomeWave (unless I manage to get hold of a Mac and try to implement a VPN On Demand profile on the iDevices ?).
It would really be fantastic that Intveltr implements the Weaved API in HomeWave... See seperate thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37040.0.html and feel free to express your interest to see this implemented. Then finally I could complete a full migration of all my automation to openLuup and use my underpowered Vera Lite as radio controller only.
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2018, 12:11:20 pm »
Do I also need weaved for the vbox image?

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2018, 12:51:52 pm »
Do I also need weaved for the vbox image?

Ok, sorry for the noob question. I already have the answer, weaved is for pi only.

I think I will try the VPN route then.

Offline Jim McGhee

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2018, 01:00:55 am »
Could someone give me a pointer to a step by step guide for how to remotely access openLuup using remote.it?
I did get as far as setting up an account and I can access my pi with VNC and SSH but when I connect to openLuup it never gets past the 'Waiting for Data' banner.
I see there's some stuff I need to put on my pi but I'm not sure where it goes and which is needed/latest.
TIA