Author Topic: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***  (Read 23378 times)

Offline jpark40

Re: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »
We've just bought into Vera Plus because of the exciting prospect of using Zigbee, Z-Wave and 433 simultaneously. We've got a stock of Osram Lightify lamps and I was looking forward to creating scenes to demonstrate them. But nope: They won't link to the Vera Plus.

Trying as generic Zigbee devices the Vera Plus reports that they've paired, but then errors because they cannot be configured.

Can Vera comment on the likely prospect of the Lightify Bulbs working with the Vera Plus. They pair very nicely with the Cozify Hub and with the Almond+ so they cannot have too many manufacturer specific aspects.

We have not begun integrating the Lightify bulbs. I will pass your request onto the Device Integration Team.

ZigBee is not a plug and play platform in the way that Z-Wave is setup to be. Each device requires the equivalent to a driver be created for it to work on our platform.

If ZigBee is not a plug and play platform for Vera then please, please allow developers/users to write our own ZigBee device profiles/drivers, similar to how Vera allows plugin development. This will solve this issue for both Vera and users.

ZigBee HA 1.2 certified devices use the the same predefined cluster IDs to report their various information (i.e. same cluster ID to report temperature data for example) so it's just matter of creating and then assigning the correct JSON/XML to the ZigBee device, similar to how unknown/incorrectly identified Z-Wave devices sometimes requires the user to manually assign the correct JSON/XML device profiles to make it function properly.

SmartThings allows this and that's one reason why so many developers can add nearly any kind of ZigBee/Zwave devices to it. Even non-certified ZigBee devices such as Xiaomi sensor/button/plug have been added and is working great (I have the button, which I use daily).

Please open up device profile development to developers/users.

Thanks!

Offline jdrinnyc

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2017, 03:31:50 pm »
It's about six months since Mark mentioned looking into adding Lightify capability. Any updates? Also, would adding a lightify bulb to hue be a possible workaround?

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2017, 08:26:39 pm »
It's about six months since Mark mentioned looking into adding Lightify capability. Any updates? Also, would adding a lightify bulb to hue be a possible workaround?

Wink or Wink Hub 2; both via WinkConnect app. Flawless integration

Offline ListerD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2017, 01:45:59 pm »
Took a chance on the Visonic Window/Door Sensor (model MCT-340E).  Zigbee HA1.2 compliant.  They were very cheap, but listed as Samsung SmartThings only.  They do work on Vera Plus, but there was a trick.  Adding them as a generic zigbee device did nothing.  The device would not pair after several attempts.  I instead tried to pair it as a NYCE door window sensor.  Vera recognized it was not that device, but paired it successfully.  Have installed 2 so far and they're working great.

Also bought the Bosch Motion Sensor (PIR w/Pet Immunity) model ISQ-ZPR1-WP13.  Same deal.  Would not recognize as a generic zigbee.  Tried again as an NYCE motion sensor and again, Vera reported it was not that device, but then paired it successfully as a motion sensor.  Also functioning properly so far. 

Offline stevencurl

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2017, 04:25:17 pm »
Took a chance on the Visonic Window/Door Sensor (model MCT-340E).  Zigbee HA1.2 compliant.  They were very cheap, but listed as Samsung SmartThings only.  They do work on Vera Plus, but there was a trick.  Adding them as a generic zigbee device did nothing.  The device would not pair after several attempts.  I instead tried to pair it as a NYCE door window sensor.  Vera recognized it was not that device, but paired it successfully.  Have installed 2 so far and they're working great.

Also bought the Bosch Motion Sensor (PIR w/Pet Immunity) model ISQ-ZPR1-WP13.  Same deal.  Would not recognize as a generic zigbee.  Tried again as an NYCE motion sensor and again, Vera reported it was not that device, but then paired it successfully as a motion sensor.  Also functioning properly so far.

I tried doing this exact thing and the Bosch motion is stuck endlessly "configuring". Did yours do that as well? It will also disappear from the interface randomly while in this state, but Home-Assistant sees it completely fine...

Offline Albert1

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:17 pm »
I follow the advice of ListerD and paired a Visonic Window/Door Sensor (model MCT-340E).  Zigbee HA1.2 compliant. At the beginning it displayed as a Smoke Sensor, but a few minutes later it change to a Window/Door Sensor.  The only issue I have is that is not displaying the battery and its charge. Any suggestions?

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »
Take the battery out and back in. It worked for me with some zwave motion sensors

Offline Albert1

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2017, 12:31:54 pm »
Taken the battery out did not work. I have asked tech support, but so far no results.

I found in the Smartthings web page the complete plugin for the sensor. This is written in Groovy similar to Luua. Can this code be somehow modified to create a plugin for Vera? Here is the link

https://github.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/visonic-door-window-sensor.src/visonic-door-window-sensor.groovy

Offline Albert1

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:03 pm »
Tech support did nothing. Does any of you see the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk