Author Topic: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***  (Read 24853 times)

Offline VeraDad

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 07:25:47 pm »
I have successfully installed the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor that Lowes sells for the IRIS system. At first it wasn't reporting its open/close state, but overnight after a heal, it started to report properly.

Thanks @Bojagles! Is that this one?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_388558-41166-DWS901_1z0v12n__?productId=3735305&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1

Offline Bojangles

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 09:16:04 pm »
@Bojangles,

Does that sensor have a temperature sensor as well?   And if so, is the temp being reported?

-bob

It doesn't report the temperature.  I also noticed that it doesn't report battery condition either.

Offline Bojangles

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:41 pm »
I tried and tried but could not get the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor to pair. How did you accomplish this?

The first time I paired it, it showed as a Scene Controller.  I unpaired it, and tried again.  That time it paired as a contact sensor.  It does not report the temperature or the battery condition, so it does need some further work on compatibility.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:39 am »
For so many reasons I find this hilarious
I found this on the their website:

http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/centralite-pearl-thermostat/

VERA PRODUCT SCORE

To qualify, all Certified Partner Products must meet Vera?s stringent product criteria and achieve 6 out of 10, or better, in our rigorous 100-point testing and validation process.

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 11:54:49 am »
I tried and tried but could not get the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor to pair. How did you accomplish this?

I'm not having any luck pairing a IRIS door/window sensor either.  I'm selecting Add Device / generic zigbee device, install battery and press the button on the inside of the zigbee door/window sensor to get the green LED to start flashing.  Does not discover the zigbee device.  I must be doing something wrong

Offline RobertN

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 12:11:02 pm »
@dblackmore - Me too I have tried it again and have reset the sensor multiple times and still no luck.

Offline rbakley

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 05:12:36 pm »
Cree Connected A19 Bulb is a no go. Previously it was paired with a Wink Hub and it worked fine.  I tried multiple times to add it to VeraPlus.   Each time it would add, but you would get a "Failed to configure" message and it couldn't be controlled.   Tried setting device to "Automatically configure = yes", but that didn't work.    Curiously, the web page icon showed it as a Zwave device with On and OFF, but no dimming.    I ended up resetting it and re-pairing it with my Wink Hub.   I did not leave it in this state overnight to see if that would fix it though.

BTW, the instructions on Cree's site to reset the bulb did not work on mine.   I found the following instructions to reset online and it worked for me. 

Start with the bulb off
Flash on
Leave off 2 seconds
Flash on
Leave off 2 seconds
Flash on
Leave off 2 seconds
Turn on
Light should blink once quickly to indicate it has been reset.

HTH,

-bob

Offline jackg

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:27 pm »
I have the same result with the Cree Connected. Works with Logitech Harmony, no signs of life with my Vera Plus. Very Vera disappointing.

Offline Bojangles

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 07:38:02 am »

I'm not having any luck pairing a IRIS door/window sensor either.  I'm selecting Add Device / generic zigbee device, install battery and press the button on the inside of the zigbee door/window sensor to get the green LED to start flashing.  Does not discover the zigbee device.  I must be doing something wrong

I did not press a button inside the device.  I paired it by selecting Add Device / generic zigbee device.  I then brought the contact sensor within a foot of the Vera Plus box, pulled battery and reinserted it, and then opened and closed the switch several times until Vera recognized it. You have to do this all within the five minute countdown on Vera Plus.

Offline Bojangles

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:33 am »
I have successfully installed the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor that Lowes sells for the IRIS system. At first it wasn't reporting its open/close state, but overnight after a heal, it started to report properly.

Thanks @Bojagles! Is that this one?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_388558-41166-DWS901_1z0v12n__?productId=3735305&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1

No, I think that is the 1st generation one and it is proprietary to IRIS. This is the one...

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=690400-41277-3320-L&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=999925302&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Offline RobertN

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 10:27:37 am »
Yes - that is the one I am trying to include as well. I tried it this morning as you prescribed but still no luck. When I try to add the device, the spinner comes on and then after a few minutes it goes away without adding the device and the options are to exit or retry. I do not get any message from vera like when trying to add a zwave device in blue at the top of the page that it is attempting to add a Node.

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 10:53:58 am »
Maybe my issue is I'm trying the Iris door/window sensor gen 1

Offline Bojangles

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 11:33:44 am »
Yes - that is the one I am trying to include as well. I tried it this morning as you prescribed but still no luck. When I try to add the device, the spinner comes on and then after a few minutes it goes away without adding the device and the options are to exit or retry. I do not get any message from vera like when trying to add a zwave device in blue at the top of the page that it is attempting to add a Node.

Make sure you have the 2nd generation device.  I put a link to it in the post above.  It is smaller than the 1st generation sensor.  I would then try to exclude it from Vera.  I believe it goes into exclude mode after the 5 minute inclusion cycle stops. 

If you have the 1st generation sensor, it will not work.  That sensor only works with IRIS.

Offline br636

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 06:39:52 pm »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2016, 07:05:22 pm »
Bojangles and RobertN, I was able to get my Iris contact sensor paired quite easily.  Getting it working is another matter.  ???  It shows up in my devices and says it is configuring.  I have gone through the process of deleting and adding it back in several times.  Sometimes my browser locks up.  Tried power cycling the Vera a few times. 

I decided the last time it was sitting there configuring I would just let it do whatever it wanted to do.  But wait, it disappeared!  After a while it is back, in red text it says "Waiting for wakeup to configure device."  Then it switches to configuring, then waiting for it to wake up.

I don't know, I would say it is not ready for prime time yet.