We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***  (Read 59722 times)

Offline thecodas

• Sr. Newbie
Introducing some ZigBee bulbs and ZigBee Range
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2016, 11:31:35 am »
I 'd like to add a couple of ZigBee GE bulbs to my Vera Controller empire. The bulbs are old style pull chord switches in our laundry room in the basement. The good news is they would only be about open air feet from my VeraPlus.

Any advice on ZigBee introduction?

Also, the other logical place for some ZigBee bulbs, is not so close to the VeraPlus. In fact it is in a kid's bathroom two stories up [but almost directly overhead] the controller.

Can I include bulbs and them move them around?

Offline Aaron

Re: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2016, 12:35:26 am »
We are continuing to evaluate and ZigBee devices. We are evaluating what devices users are asking for and it is not lost on us the benefit of being able to go to a store like Lowes or Home Depot and being able to walk in and buy it.

Marc,
When is the Commercial Electric Smart LED (Zigbee) going to be supported? Even Wink, which sux, supports it. I gave in and bought a VeraPlus and would love to get rid of my Wink hub.

Even if you have a beta version of the files, I'll try them.

thanks!
Aaron

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-and-6-in-Smart-LED-Recessed-Downlight-53166161/206029900

Offline torrid

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
When you got the contact sensor paired, does it report battery level and temperature?

Mine would pair with the original firmware.  I took forever to configure, but did not report temperature or battery condition. After maybe a day, the device could not be detected.

On the latest firmware, it would pair but it didn't configure.  I had already wasted way too much time on this so I didn't spend much more.  Back to my Smartthings hub, it pairs and configures in seconds.  It also reports battery level and temperature.  Vera needs to do more work on this before I will use it.

No, it does not give me the battery level or temperature.  I think the main advantages of these sensors are they are only twenty bucks and conveniently available at Lowe's.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2016, 10:45:16 am »
Here is the link to the new device compatibility portal.
http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Does Vera have stock in Aeotec?

Nope, but we do have a great working relationship with them. They make sure that we have samples of their devices for testing and we do the same for them. Our teams are well acquainted with each other and work together to make sure that their devices work properly on our platform. We wish more vendors were as wasy to work with as they are.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2016, 11:09:07 am »
@Marc Shenker

?

We are continuing to evaluate and ZigBee devices. We are evaluating what devices users are asking for and it is not lost on us the benefit of being able to go to a store like Lowes or Home Depot and being able to walk in and buy it.

Marc,
When is the Commercial Electric Smart LED (Zigbee) going to be supported? Even Wink, which sux, supports it. I gave in and bought a VeraPlus and would love to get rid of my Wink hub.

Even if you have a beta version of the files, I'll try them.

thanks!
Aaron

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-and-6-in-Smart-LED-Recessed-Downlight-53166161/206029900

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »
I am not giving up on Vera yet, but in the past half hour I have installed a SmartThings hub.  I need to know how ZigBee is supposed to work.  Set up was very easy.  My Iris Contact Sensor paired in no time.  The temperature and battery condition are there.  Easy peazy. Cool!  I cannot wait to get some Cree ZigBee light bulbs.

It has been nearly 5 months since this post.  Still, the neither the popular Iris Contact Sensor or the Cree ZigBee light are supported.  It may be that the benefit of adding these devices is not lost on Vera, but actions say it all.  The excuse that it is hard and takes more effort to add ZigBee than Z-Wave devices is a lame excuse.  Engineers do hard things, that is what they do.  The talent is out there.  For what ever reason, Vera is obviously not interested in getting the job done.

Offline RobertN

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2016, 02:57:13 pm »
Agree with ChrisK. I too have waited patiently for these devices to work. It is so random - I have paired a few IRIS contact and motion sensors and they work fine but pairing additional units of the same kind/make and model requires an act of God. And I am not sure why this is so difficult to troubleshoot. I worked with the vera engineers a few times and they came up with nothing as well. I am so about to give up on VeraPlus Zigbee capabilities - it has been a waste of my time and money to invest in these.

Offline Jamr

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »
@Jamr, based on my experience with Vera and ZigBee, I would say it is highly unlikely this would work with Vera.  Even if it did, have you read the reviews of this device on Lowe's website?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2016, 06:38:12 pm »
Here is the link to the new device compatibility portal.
http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Does Vera have stock in Aeotec?

Nope, but we do have a great working relationship with them. They make sure that we have samples of their devices for testing and we do the same for them. Our teams are well acquainted with each other and work together to make sure that their devices work properly on our platform. We wish more vendors were as wasy to work with as they are.

@Marc Shenker
I wish you and Vera would answer questions that need answering instead softball BS like the above which brings no value to the user base.

How about telling us when the devices we are asking about will be supported?

Yeah I get it... you guys are still trying to make UI7 work properly, yeah, it still sux and maybe your trying to stop the exodus of users by making UI7 work... Sure, OK. But we are still asking the questions and getting no answers from you and that is making users just as pissed.

Offline JasonJoel

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »
Yeah... Insulting them is definitely the best way to get them to answer you. Lol. (That was sarcasm for the uninitiated)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
And you are wondering why getvera has gotten mostly silent in here?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Aaron

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2016, 09:03:13 am »
Vera was silent far before people got upset... It is a large reason why people became upset.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »
But what can they say, "soon, right around the corner, around the end of the month, we are working on some really exciting things?"  For me the only thing that matters are results.  The results tell me they are not concerned about a happy customer base.

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »
Vera was silent far before people got upset... It is a large reason why people became upset.
I, unfortunately, have to agree with the current sentiment here.   I bought into "Vera".  It sounded like the only option for me when I purchased My Vera Lite several years ago.   It was the only controller I could afford that did the things some of the more expensive ones could do through scripting or plugin apps from the community.  WITH NO MONTHLY CHARGE.

Some of you may call me a fool for what I'm about to say, lol.  I already gave Vera my credit card and signed up for the Advanced Camera Management, which so far is absolutely nothing that I'm paying 2.99/month for.   I can't see even the value in getting 50% off during this rollout.  It should be at a minimum free, probably more so asking for volunteers.     Why are we paying already for a service that isn't even birthed yet?   I know, I'm the one who put those credit card numbers in and hit submit.  I'm the fool, currently.  Unless Vera steps up and wipes the egg from my face.

Upgrading to a Plus was a NO-BRAINER.  Especially with all the penny and clearance zigbee, bluetooth and wifi stuff home automation stuff i've been picking up at home depot and lowe's since January.  You don't even want to know how many different types of consumer zigbee products completely baffles and reboot loops the vera plus' zigbee interface.   I've spoken about this before and shared with Vera somewhat, of my findings.   I have sure-fire ways to jam up and overtake a Vera Plus box, even if it isn't paired with a device previously, at all, fresh from wipe.  (it does not graciously accept interference on the zigbee bands, is what I'm saying)

I've reached out to Vera countless times now.  I used to log and file and comment on each ticket I submitted.  I tried working with people there at tech.  I wanted to be friendly.  I tried to be friendly.   Months and months and months, have gone by and I have yet to resolve a single issue I've asked for help with.   It's been A-Z, can't log into my account because of a firmware update, to asking about/requesting support for zigbee/bluetooth devices, to troubleshooting the interference issue, to constant LUUP rebooting, to this to that, i can go on.   I can zip that all up in a grand support ticket and maybe someone with a month or two at Vera can take a look at it. 

Seriously, I've even reached out to Marc personally requesting mentorship because I'm a disabled veteran and I'm taking initiative in using home automation to help persons suffering from disabilities.   It was long, heartfelt, etc.  Asking for advice if I needed help in the future with some of my "inventions" to help persons like myself.   I received no response.    Of course there was no pressure, and I gave many outs, but at least an acknowledgement of what I was trying to do and came to him for, would have been nice.  An, "I'd love to in the future or not at all, but i'm really busy right now as the ONLY public facing representative(that I know) behind Vera.  (Which is the reason I emailed Marc specifically,  because, all those youtube instructional videos and time he usually takes to answer in the forums, he seems like a good company guy.   Perhaps he is exactly that, in ways I hadn't anticipated previously.  Again, I still mean no disrespect, but.....   

With all of this,  I've even cc'd or bcc'd marc in some of the more serious support emails, like he advises in the forums, and I received no response or reply related to any of those either, outside of the one time the entire ui7 platform went down and everyone was frantic including myself and he helped reply to some of the support emails, that's happened once or twice.  So I know he goes above and beyond for Vera Inc.   Maybe he is truly worked that hard and has absolutely no spare time and is so weighed down that loose strings are forming all over.    I'd like to believe that.....So I'll keep believing that for now.   

I'm really sick, as you can tell, like so many others.  I'm tired of asking for support, and then the tickets just disappear and no follow up.   I can search in my google box right now and I alone, have pages of unresolved threads from vera support.

Another theme that's been going on also is,  I email support with ALL of the info they will need and ask for,  then they simply ask again and ask me to enable tech support and paste the key,   I DID IT IN THE ORIGINAL EMAIL.  READ IT!   IT'S RIGHT THERE!   I'M SICK of INEPT TECH SUPPORT!   Do you sense my frustration as a consumer of  your brand?  I have three support emails, specifically, right here.  I won't drop names personally in public, but.  Needless to say,  the person cannot read.  Simply put.   If this is any typical employee at Vera,  take my word folks, we are all doomed.

Maybe someone would like to address us as a community right here in this thread about what OUR (Vera customers) expectations OUGHT to be when it concerns Vera and OUR cash investment and future?  Please.....someone?   Marc?     It seems we have too high of expectations for this product and the company.   Should we lower them or let others shine?  Like, I'm seriously confused right now.   

EDIT:  P.S.  All of this negative experience and the product just not performing as everyone had hoped (including you) has taken ALL, I mean ALL, of the fun out of home automation for me, personally.   I have a stack of devices and bulbs from the floor to my ceiling, literally, stacked deep, that has and will sit there until I can rely and trust my vera.   Until it can do what it claims it does, and well.  I mean, what's the point.   This stuff is supposed to be ROCK SOLID!   99.99% uptime and availability.  Treat your product like you do your gateway and web services.   Why don't those guys switch and work for the development team.  Those gateway guys are on it with tweets and updates and status messages, etc  at all hours of the night informing even that ONLY ui5 remote login is down.  I see how that is a priority, but so is my ((A SINGLE ))zigbee device shouting at my VeraPlus and killing it.   There needs to be a balance.   Why all the rush rush and stringent 24/7 ops with the webteam and then, just.....wishy washy mush production and support everywhere else.   I don't get it.   WHO running that web team, that's what I want to know.   What is that?   This individual needs a greater scope at the company. 

Very respectfully,

me
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:38:27 pm by hax0rmort »