We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***  (Read 58984 times)

Offline JDL

Re: Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2016, 07:02:07 am »
We've just bought into Vera Plus because of the exciting prospect of using Zigbee, Z-Wave and 433 simultaneously. We've got a stock of Osram Lightify lamps and I was looking forward to creating scenes to demonstrate them. But nope: They won't link to the Vera Plus.

Trying as generic Zigbee devices the Vera Plus reports that they've paired, but then errors because they cannot be configured.

Can Vera comment on the likely prospect of the Lightify Bulbs working with the Vera Plus. They pair very nicely with the Cozify Hub and with the Almond+ so they cannot have too many manufacturer specific aspects.

Offline MKarlyle

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2016, 08:05:36 pm »
I had 13 GE zigbee bulbs go offline today @ 12:52pm again for the eleventinth time again.

I am so sick of resetting and adding them back.
Anyone want a deal?

Marc Shenker

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2016, 01:42:55 pm »
We've just bought into Vera Plus because of the exciting prospect of using Zigbee, Z-Wave and 433 simultaneously. We've got a stock of Osram Lightify lamps and I was looking forward to creating scenes to demonstrate them. But nope: They won't link to the Vera Plus.

Trying as generic Zigbee devices the Vera Plus reports that they've paired, but then errors because they cannot be configured.

Can Vera comment on the likely prospect of the Lightify Bulbs working with the Vera Plus. They pair very nicely with the Cozify Hub and with the Almond+ so they cannot have too many manufacturer specific aspects.

We have not begun integrating the Lightify bulbs. I will pass your request onto the Device Integration Team.

ZigBee is not a plug and play platform in the way that Z-Wave is setup to be. Each device requires the equivalent to a driver be created for it to work on our platform.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2016, 01:43:59 pm »
I had 13 GE zigbee bulbs go offline today @ 12:52pm again for the eleventinth time again.

I am so sick of resetting and adding them back.
Anyone want a deal?

We are aware of the issue with the GE bulbs. We are working on getting it rectified as quickly as possible. I have them myself and have experienced the same issue.

Offline MKarlyle

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:37 pm »
I have slowly been replacing them with linear-z-60 bulbs.
 The remainder are GEbr40 floods for which I cannot find a zwave replacement for.
If I totally reset The Plus to factory and then if I delete the devices not responding. Will the restored backup heal the mesh eventually? I hear it takes quite awhile?
I notice "Zwave configuring devices in your system" is constantly popping up..

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2016, 05:39:31 pm »
I've retired my 2 GE-link bulbs. Everytime I have a brownout, even if they are off, they come on. Living in Florida, unfortunately brown-outs are a common occurrence. None of my z-wave devices have this issue.

Also, the base gets very hot after being on a while. Which coupled with them coming on after the brown-out is my main reason for retiring them as I don't need them to start a fire while I am away.

Am I the only one with these issues or do others see the same?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline markoe

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2016, 12:54:39 am »
Is there an road map available what devices to expext to get certified to vera? (eaven in sort future)

Devices are quite expencive and I hate to lose money to devices that wil not work enventually .

From my point of view one should consentrate on quality not quantity in this issue. The new device types plus an price aspec is also valid decission criteria.

Offline pceasar

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2016, 02:39:19 pm »
As much as I hate to say it, Zigbee was included on the vera unit just to get purchases, I sold my vera edge to buy this, Vera Plus in hopes of zigbee for their prices and availability. Anyhow I'm giving up on zigbee, vera is truly not yet ready to support this, I think they may have bitten off a bit more than they can chew in trying to be inclusive and get some more sales to get ahead of the all inclusive smart things. I'm just going to stick to buying z wave stuff, I wont buy smart things cause I dont like the internet dependency who knows ...maybe one day I may try it but doubt it....Goodbye Zigbee.

Offline treetop777

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2016, 06:16:59 pm »
The list of compatible ZigBee devices have improved considerably:

http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Having a bad day??

Offline Tsviper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »
So Picked up 3 of these (http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/centralite-appliance-module/) and every 3 days or so all of them drop off the vera at the same (or within seconds of each other) and say they can no longer be detected.  Have to reset them and add them back to the vera and they work fine for a few more days then same thing happens again.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

UPDATE:  So I figured it was trying to autoconfigure or something every so often and that is why they are dropping off every 3 days or so.  I went into the settings after readding them again and after a few minutes they are recognized correctly and configured.  I then turned the autoconfigure setting to "off".  Have been good for over a week now so maybe they will work for a while now.  Time will tell but picked these up at lowes for about $18 so I would like to keep them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:55:30 pm by Tsviper »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2016, 06:05:15 pm »
The list of compatible ZigBee devices have improved considerably:

http://getvera.com/compatibility/

Having a bad day??

Wow!!!  I counted 13 ZigBee devices!  Those guys at Vera have been busy. ;)

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2016, 03:10:08 pm »
As much as I hate to say it, Zigbee was included on the vera unit just to get purchases, I sold my vera edge to buy this, Vera Plus in hopes of zigbee for their prices and availability. Anyhow I'm giving up on zigbee, vera is truly not yet ready to support this, I think they may have bitten off a bit more than they can chew in trying to be inclusive and get some more sales to get ahead of the all inclusive smart things. I'm just going to stick to buying z wave stuff, I wont buy smart things cause I dont like the internet dependency who knows ...maybe one day I may try it but doubt it....Goodbye Zigbee.

LOL!  I think your theory is absolutely true!  include the $.33 radio just to be "future proof" with smartthings, iris genII, wink, etc.  All year has been terrible zigbee support, still my box has no clue what to do with these simple certified devices.  tailing the log is like watching the matrix of red 01 level resets continuously.  I have a huge garage sale table in my basement FULL of tested and failed zigbee devices that WONT work with the Vera Plus.  The only device that I can seem to get to work reliably is a "centralite" brand Lowe's Iris Smart Plug.  Binary, can't mess that up right?  Still, I see people in the forums are having tons of trouble with this device.  I am afraid to use it so it's labeled "test" and I won't touch it cause it's Zigbee,  I had planned on using a ton of them for holiday lights indoors, but.....eh, can't be trusted, tsk tsk!    Vera-Zigbee = NOT READY! or possibly BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

Offline jsfaje

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2016, 01:46:23 pm »
Interesting. They show the GE Link as being officially compatible.
http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/ge-link-led-bulb/

Yet, I still can't get it to work. It paired, but wouldn't configure properly.

Offline JohnRob

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2016, 08:52:05 pm »
I had a GE A-19 Zigbee.  Purchased it a Home Depot.

I was able to pair and operate with my VeraPlus (firmware before 1.7.2138) with no issues.  Not sure what you mean by "configure properly"

You might try resetting the GE A-19.  There is a procedure in the instructions or on the net.  It is some thing like 4 or 5 cycles of 4 seconds off and 4 seconds on until the bulb flashes on the turn on (once if I recall).

good luck

Offline johnes

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2016, 09:55:05 am »

We have not begun integrating the Lightify bulbs. I will pass your request onto the Device Integration Team.

ZigBee is not a plug and play platform in the way that Z-Wave is setup to be. Each device requires the equivalent to a driver be created for it to work on our platform.
So this is news, after having bought the VeraPlus for this reason, among others.

Any idea if the LeakSmart valve is on the list?  Is there any way that we could help write the driver, or is it something that MCV has to do?