We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Which smart bulbs work best with Vera plus?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline williamgerv

Which smart bulbs work best with Vera plus?
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:24:02 pm »
I have a new Vera plus and want to control some lights. I don't have a neutral wire in my switches so I think I need to use smart bulbs. Which work the best as far as pairing?

Offline yehuda2525

Re: Which smart bulbs work best with Vera plus?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:04 am »
+1

Offline JohnRob

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:32:27 pm »
I can't tell you which works best but I can say I've have had good luck with the GE A19 (Zigbee).

My experience:

I had to change my VeraPlus controller for a non Vera and non GE problem.  Moving the GE bulb to the new controller was easy.   The GE is reset by 2 or 3 cycles of 3 sec on and 3 sec off.  The bulb blinks to tell you it successfully reset.  Then simply pair with the controller.

Once on the new controller, I moved the bulb around a few time to see if location was an issue (it wasn't for me).  Left it unplugged for a few days, re energized and all worked well.

Currently I have only this one Zigbee device so I can't say if it plays well with others (even with its own kind).

Before you commit to this bulb be sure try one out, the light given off has some shadows which if cast directly on a wall might not be what you are looking for.

JohnRob

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »
+2

I see the linear bulb may have a problem with Vera?