Author Topic: WiFi on Vera Plus (Resolved)  (Read 15884 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: WiFi on Vera Plus
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 01:33:36 am »
Not in the documentation but I tested it on my old Vera Edge and it seems to work as well.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline kwieto

Re: WiFi on Vera Plus
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 04:14:22 am »
Without wifi, Vera engineering is telling me I have to uninstall an outlet near my router (the Vera is plugged in there), install the z-wave outlet, pair, uninstall the z-wave outlet, re-install the original outlet, and finally install the z-wave outlet in its correct location. Does anyone else think this is *ridiculous*?

I've managed that by making a short cable with plug on the one side and free wires on the other side. Whenever I need to include new in-wall device, I first connect it to that cable and then plug in near Vera to make inclusion.

But lacking of WiFi client mode is a problem anyway since a lot issues may happen, like reset and a need of re-including some already installed in-wall device, or a need to remove-include procedure due to change of device's configuration settings or adding new sub-components to it (some devices need such procedure, i.e. after attaching additional temperature sensor or changing settings for external switch attached to the device).

At my home I have furthest device c.a. 150m (500ft) from the controller and no possibility to install anything in between (no buildings, no power line). This can be managed if I move controller to one side of the house and use z-wave repeater at remote location, while router is in other side of the house. The router is connected to external antenna, so I can't move it easily. Without WiFi client mode I would have to pass Ethernet cable across the whole house to make it work (fortunately I have Edge model).

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: WiFi on Vera Plus (Resolved)
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 02:15:27 pm »
Starting with firmware Version 7.0.21 ▾ June 19, 2017. Wifi client mode has been enabled in VeraPlus : https://goo.gl/r4iuQT

If there are any other issues to report on the same matter, don't hesitate to contact our CC team or open a dedicated topic.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:18:01 pm by John M. »
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm