We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Cree Connected light bulbs (Zigbee) with Vera Plus controller?  (Read 15690 times)

Offline ctvrod

Re: Cree Connected light bulbs (Zigbee) with Vera Plus controller?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 03:27:13 pm »
Hi Guys
if you look under the zigbee tap it will show you what channel your + is on, mine is channel 24
Vera 1-oos, Vera 2-oos, Vera 3 UI5, Testing Vera +, Schlage Lock & Deadbolt, 4 Trane T'stats, 4 GE 3 way dimmer switch kit (45613), 3 GE Outdoor Modules (45604), 3 GE dimmer (45606), 1 GE switch (45609), 1 GE (45605 Outlet), 3 GE (45603 Modules), 1 HSM-100, 1 EtherRain

Offline ctvrod

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
Hi Guys
I just pickup a Osram/Sylvania 60 Watt Soft White Led bulb from Lowes.  In our store they are 50% off, not sure but I think all of the Osram Lightify items are 50% off.  I had no problem pairing the bulb with Vera Plus and setting up scenes and operating the bulb.
 :)
I emailed Vera about the Cree Bulb not working with the Plus controller.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:45:13 pm by ctvrod »
Vera 1-oos, Vera 2-oos, Vera 3 UI5, Testing Vera +, Schlage Lock & Deadbolt, 4 Trane T'stats, 4 GE 3 way dimmer switch kit (45613), 3 GE Outdoor Modules (45604), 3 GE dimmer (45606), 1 GE switch (45609), 1 GE (45605 Outlet), 3 GE (45603 Modules), 1 HSM-100, 1 EtherRain

Offline cybrmage

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 05:53:48 pm »
UPDATE:

The Philips Hue bulbs WILL pair with the VeraPlus (tested on a new VeraPlus set to ZigBee channel 11)...

The bulbs reports that it is using the ZLL profile, and the VeraPlus ZigBee implementation reports "No HA profile found", and stops trying to use the bulb...

The Cree bulbs also pair with the VeraPlus, but also reports as using ZLL profile, so the VeraPlus also ignores this bulb.

The Lutron CBR will pair with the VeraPlus, but the VeraPlus does not support the digital input ClusterIDs that are required for reporting button presses... and the device is not fully configured, so never appears in the UI.

On a (slightly) related note... I tested the "EcoSmart" bulbs available at Home depot... All models (A19, GU10, PAR30, Downlight, A19 Tunable White, A19 RGBW) wil pair with the VeraPlus, and are usable for on/off/dim operation...

The Tunable White and RGBW bulbs work but are limited to their default color temperature or color (approx. 3000K for TW, approx. 2700K for color), as the VeraPlus ZigBee implementation does not support the ClusterIDs for color control.

As the ClusterIDs required for digital input and color control are part of the basic ZHA profile, hopefully support will be forthcoming in future firmware updates... Since ZLL is a subset of ZHA, and uses the same clusterIDs, hopefully, the implementation will be extended to support the hue/cree bulbs...

Offline file

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 12:28:37 pm »
On a (slightly) related note... I tested the "EcoSmart" bulbs available at Home depot... All models (A19, GU10, PAR30, Downlight, A19 Tunable White, A19 RGBW) wil pair with the VeraPlus, and are usable for on/off/dim operation...

The Tunable White and RGBW bulbs work but are limited to their default color temperature or color (approx. 3000K for TW, approx. 2700K for color), as the VeraPlus ZigBee implementation does not support the ClusterIDs for color control.

As the ClusterIDs required for digital input and color control are part of the basic ZHA profile, hopefully support will be forthcoming in future firmware updates... Since ZLL is a subset of ZHA, and uses the same clusterIDs, hopefully, the implementation will be extended to support the hue/cree bulbs...

Anything special needed to pair the EcoSmart bulbs? When I got my Vera Plus I originally tried but didn't seem to be able to.

Offline EvilMonkey

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:16 pm »
I have a bit of an odd situation. I am buying a Vera plus shortly and installing a z-wave GE dimmer switch in my living room so that I can control my living room lights. However, I have one GU10 light that is right above the TV that produces an annoying glare when watching TV. I'd like to be able to turn just that bulb on or off when watching TV. Is there a bulb-only solution that can be controlled by Vera, or do I need to get something with yet another hub?

Offline MrBrown

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 07:16:16 pm »
I believe Aeon Labs has a bulb that works with Vera. Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave LED Light Bulb, Gen5
http://smile.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Light/dp/B00VQISQW4/ref=sr_1_20?s=trading-cards&ie=UTF8&qid=1464995704&sr=8-20&keywords=Aeon+Labs

Offline EvilMonkey

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 07:41:12 pm »
Unfortunately, Aeon Labs doesn't appear to make a GU10 bulb.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 02:27:19 am »
I doubt there will ever be z-wave or Zigbee GU10 bulbs, just too limited of a market.  If your fixture can handle it get a gu10 to Edison (E26) adapter, and put a z-wave bulb in there that way. The adapter will cause the light to stick out about 1/3 of an inch more then normal.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 12:08:47 pm »
I assume the bulb is on a shared switch with the other bulbs in the room, otherwise you could just replace the wall switch with a zwave version.

Offline EvilMonkey

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »
I assume the bulb is on a shared switch with the other bulbs in the room, otherwise you could just replace the wall switch with a zwave version.

The other bulbs in the room share the same (soon to be z-wave) dimmer switch as the bulb in question. I would like to control this one GU10 independently. So far every time I think I have a solution I run into a roadblock.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 05:14:20 pm »
Oh generally you can't use a smart bulb with a dimmer, You can do a switch with a smart bulb.  You might instead just want them all to be smart bulbs, and put a scene controller in the light switch, that just controls the bulbs with various scenes (like the Leviton Zone controller), or put a dimmer like the Cooper Aux dimmer that doesn't directly control the load to the bulbs but associates to the bulbs to turn them on/off/dim.   Then add a battery powered Cooper Dimmer to override the control of the one bulb you want to sometimes be separate.

Offline dmcentire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 03:27:45 am »
Bump on this thread

Assuming nobody has had much luck getting the Cree LED bulbs to work with the Vera Plus?

Offline tbackus

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »
Bummer if this doesn't work. I specifically bought the plus because I have some of these bulbs connected to my Wink hub and want to take the wink hub out.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 09:21:56 pm »
I just canceled my order for VeraPlus.  I don't know why it would be so hard to work with a bulb that says it will work with any Zigbee certified hub. 

I am going to repost from Amazon's home automation guide because it needs saying repeatedly:

...the ZigBee Certified mark by itself is not enough to ensure interoperability. In most cases, you will need to purchase all your ZigBee home control products from the same brand, because each manufacturer is free to implement ZigBee in its own proprietary way.

Link:
Amazon.com Home Automation: Communication Protocols Guide

Offline djstepanich

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:57 am »
Anyone able to get this working? No luck when I tried.