Author Topic: How do we add new devices to VeraPlus?  (Read 14424 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: How do we add new devices to VeraPlus?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 12:50:56 pm »
It has a WiFi LED indicator ... But alas I tried it tonight and I don't think it worked.

Wifi has worked since day one for allowing you to connect your phone to the VERA. In the vera settings you can turn on wifi, set a wifi SSID and pasword and such like a router. But what was supposed to be fixed and should have been done before it was sold was to allow the VERA to connect to existing wifi networks as the EDGE does (which it also didn't work when it was first released).

Your wifi light will come on now if you turn on the wifi. So Light on and off doesn't mean that they fixed anything and I know the light had worked on mine I just don't know if WIFI now allows you to connect to an existing network besides only create a new one.

Offline aecchalet

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »
I was working on my vera 3 with support today when we decided to take it out of service and do fresh install of vera plus.  He walked me thru exclude/include of local thermostat and schlage locks, which was very simple using the browser interface. He promised to send instructions for installing other devices in case I needed it.  He told me to take vera plus to remote location and do exclude/include there then hung up.  (He never sent instructions and I left a voice mail message to Vera but of course no answer and no return call and I also sent an email to support but got the form letter reply.) 
The first time I wrote this note, I didn't see JoeK's explanation of how to use the Synch and Select buttons.
Someone mentioned using their laptop in the same location but how do you do that?

Can someone explain how to use the laptop at remote location (without Vera connected to ethernet) so I can see if it is excluded and included?  Otherwise, one is flying blind and have to move Vera Plus to spot with ethernet connection to verify exclude/include.  It should be this hard!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:15:13 pm by aecchalet »
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 2xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 6xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolt Schlage

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 09:50:37 am »
You need a 100ft ethernet cable or to have vera on wifi if you want to connect to it with a laptop. If no internet no laptop and u just use the lights.

Offline aecchalet

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »
What is the default IP address can you use to connect to Vera Plus if it is not connected to your network?
My Vera 3 used to be 192.168.81.1
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 2xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 6xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolt Schlage

Offline teeebear

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 09:09:06 pm »
I know this is old, but the easiest way for me to include/exclude z-wave devices is using my iOS device running the HomeWave app. In the app, tap the blue icon on the top bar to open the side menu, tap vera on the side menu, then you will see include/exclude in the middle of the list. If you tap that, then you can choose to specifically include or exclude, (make sure use high power is selected if not near the vera) and you'll see the same success and node information in the HomeWave app that you would using the vera web app.

Offline anthonyris

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 08:00:58 pm »
Oh, thanks for this tip... MUCH easier way to exclude everything in prep to VeraPlus replacement....

.//A.

I know this is old, but the easiest way for me to include/exclude z-wave devices is using my iOS device running the HomeWave app. In the app, tap the blue icon on the top bar to open the side menu, tap vera on the side menu, then you will see include/exclude in the middle of the list. If you tap that, then you can choose to specifically include or exclude, (make sure use high power is selected if not near the vera) and you'll see the same success and node information in the HomeWave app that you would using the vera web app.
Vera3x2, Leviton, GE dimmers, relays and lamp modules, Sonos, Nests...

Offline reizac926

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 05:08:00 pm »
Hey guys, I feel a little selfish because I've known about this for several months and have been meaning to make a video and post it so I could share this.
I found a way to use the buttons on the VeraPlus to add and remove devices. It is similar to the VerLite that I once had that, after a few years, finally gave up on me. I have over 80 devices in my system and sure didn't want to add them one at a time using the web interface so through trial and error discovered this method. It works great!
I'll add a link to the video.
For those who prefer to read (like me), I'll do type it out:
1. Make sure the VeraPlus is powered on and booted up. Network connection is not necessary for this process.
2. Press the "select" button until the zwave light is flashing.
3. Now press and hold the "sync" button for three seconds.
4. You'll notice that the z-wave light is now flashing and is now in EXCLUSION MODE.
5. You can exclude as many devices subsequently as needed in this mode (I had to do this to all of my devices as they all paired to my old Veralite).
6. Pay attention to the status light in the VeraPlus as it will change briefly to indicate that a device was excluded.
7. Now press and release the "select" button to put the. VeraPlus in INCLUSION MODE (obviously if you have a new or unpaired device you can skip excluding a device, but note that the VeraPlus first initiates exclusion mode).
8. Now that it's in INCLUSION MODE, you can add as many devices you need, one at a time, paying attention to indicator light as it will stop flashing for a moment to exchange data with the device, then flash VERY quickly for a second to indicate that pairing is complete.
9. Note that you can easily go back and forth between these modes during this whole process by pressing the "select" button.
10. Once finished adding/including devices, press and hold the "sync" button for three seconds.
11. The lights on the VeraPlus should cycle indicating that it is rebooting.
12. Once the VeraPlus is done booting, you should find your new devices in your devices tab named whatever the default name for that device is.
That should be all! I did all this from memory and hope I covered everything. My only complaint is that the VeraPlus doesn't have batteries like the veralite did, but the range is so much better that I didn't need to haul it around.
Enjoy!

Video:
https://youtu.be/V8GMH88-7Zo

Offline cc4005

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »
^ Nice. Thanks.