We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Problem or issues reports  (Read 16839 times)

Offline reneboer

Re: Problem or issues reports
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:39 am »
Hi Copley,

The Preset Modes It seems the modes only handle the more standard devices. There is no documentation to make non-standard show up.

(Vera are you reading this? Your app developers need better documentation !!  ;D )

The simplest way to do what you are looking for is to install the HoudeMode plug in. You can then create a scene triggered by the nigh mode becoming active and then turn your lights on or off. I use something similar.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Copley

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I will give your suggestion a try.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 12:28:09 pm »
Hi Copley,

I am on to something. There is a variable CustomModeConfiguration that seems to relate to that. I'll report back once I have it working.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 07:45:52 am »
Hi,

Just created version 2.12 that has support for the preset House Modes on the Dashboard. So you can start an activity and send device commands when the House mode is changed just like for Z-Wave devices.

See version log on how to install as it pending Vera's approval to show on the app market.

Cheers Rene

Offline Copley

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:47 am »
Just created version 2.12 that has support for the preset House Modes on the Dashboard. So you can start an activity and send device commands when the House mode is changed just like for Z-Wave devices.

Will give it a try. Thank you for jumping on this and turning it around so fast.

Also bumped into another issue.  I have a Set Nest Setpoint activity on my Harmony Hub.  It executes consistently from the Harmony App.  The plug-in recognizes the activity and displays it as a button on the HarmonyHub device on the Vera.  However, no matter what I do, it will not successfully execute the activity from either the button interface or from a scene.  I can, however, use the HarmonyHub plugin to execute activities associated with the LIFX bulbs.  So the problem seems related to the NEST only.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 12:03:05 pm »

Will give it a try. Thank you for jumping on this and turning it around so fast.

Also bumped into another issue.  I have a Set Nest Setpoint activity on my Harmony Hub.  It executes consistently from the Harmony App.  The plug-in recognizes the activity and displays it as a button on the HarmonyHub device on the Vera.  However, no matter what I do, it will not successfully execute the activity from either the button interface or from a scene.  I can, however, use the HarmonyHub plugin to execute activities associated with the LIFX bulbs.  So the problem seems related to the NEST only.
Yes, this is as expected. You can only do the IR controled devices with the plugin, so no Hue or Nest that are controlled via Wifi.

However, you have plugins for Vera to control those from your Vera.

Cheers Rene

Offline Copley

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 05:05:03 am »
"Yes, this is as expected. You can only do the IR controled devices with the plugin, so no Hue or Nest that are controlled via Wifi."

OK, got it.  However, the LIFX bulbs are Wifi just as the Nest is.  LIFX works with your plug in via the Harmony.  I am trying to use your plugin for NEST because the Vera plug-in for Nest is not working in Scenes.  Vera is aware of this problem and said that they are working on fix but I have heard nothing from them on this.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 07:01:57 am »
Hi Copley,

See I learn about the Harmony Hub all the time. Problem is that the API is not public so I can only reverse engineer it for devices I have my self. With all the protocols next to IR they add it is impossible to keep up.

One thing you can try to enable the HTTP Request Hander in the plug in settings. Then run the http get_config command from your bowser (not IE) (http://192.168.1.1:3480/data_request?id=lr_Harmony66&cmd=get_config&format=json). Put in the Ip address of your Vera the harmony plugin ID (in the advanced parameters). If you can share the resulting output. You can send me a pm for my email so you can send it directly. With these details I may be able to add the Nest support.

Odd the Nest plugin does not work with scenes. I find it one of the simplest things to make working on a plugin typically, just three files that need to be in perfectly alignment  ;D. And if I can do it, Vera sure must be able to.

Cheers Rene

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:58:42 am by reneboer »

Offline TommyE

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 03:19:30 am »
Hello

Ive setup the plugin and it works ok, but there is one thing that I?m wondering if I?m doing something wrong with.

If I put my ?AllPowerOff?Harmony event in a scene, and then execute the scene twice, what happens is that everything is shut of the first time, and then the second time the scene is run, then my ?PS3`harmony event gets executed. If I run the scene the third time, the correct `AllPowerOff`runs again.

Regards
Tommy

Offline reneboer

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 04:21:24 am »
Hi Tommy,

Can you set the Log level to Debug and then tell me what is showing in the LuaUPnp.log file on your Vera?

Cheers Rene

Offline TommyE

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32:18 am »
Hello Reneboer

Thanks for the reply.

I'attached the debug log after clickling the poweroff a couple of times.

Everything is left untouched, hope you can read thru all that.

Regards
Tommy

Offline reneboer

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 09:48:24 am »
Hi Tommy,

I can see two attempts for StartActiity in the log. The first is too close to a Luup restart of your Vera, so that did not do anything, the second for the powerOff was send as expected.

Can you see if your Vera is constantly restarting or so?

Cheers Rene

Offline TommyE

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »
Hello

Sorry, I did not forget, but Christmas happened :)

I have attached another log file.

Everything is shutdown with the remote controll, then I hit my scene button in Vera that for this test only activates the Harmony poweroff function. What the happens is that my PS3 and TV turns on.

I see that the plugin is already showing the ?poweroff? before the scene is activated, and it says ?poweroff?even thoug the PS3 and TV is on.

I dont think I have any problems with Vera restarting, I dont see it in the logs when I have tested now.

Regards
Tommy

Offline reneboer

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2016, 09:12:52 am »
Hi Tommy,

I still cannot see why would happen what you see. You do have version 2.12 installed? That has an issue fixed when repeating the power off command. It is still pending approval from Vera (they also seem to enjoy x-mas) but in the Version log atricle you can see how to install it.

Cheers Rene

Offline TommyE

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 05:58:30 am »
Hello again

I have now upgraded to 2.12, but the same behaviour is there.

The easiest test for me now is to just hit PowerOff on the plugin itself.
Even if things are already off, the PS3 and Sony TV will turn on.

Regards
Tommy