We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: actions locked  (Read 1070 times)

Offline delle

actions locked
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:05:50 pm »
I must have deleted devices making several scenes not to work anymore(the device numbers no longer exist).  The action part in the scene shows
"error happened during decoding actions, probable duplicate ID or invalid format" and it cannot be edited anymore
So I thought of changing the user_data file and removing all actions for these scenes
"groups":[{
      "actions":[],
      "delay":0}],
But it seems this has no impact on the scene and the error message remains
How can I recover from this situation?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: actions locked
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »
So I thought of changing the user_data file and removing all actions for these scenes
But it seems this has no impact on the scene and the error message remains

Well, it all depends on when you edited the user_data and what you did before and after that.

If you edit user_data when openLuup is running, then it will get overwritten within the next six minutes.  If you exit, or reload, before that happens, then it still gets overwritten.  Did you try actually deleting the scene within AltUI? (or is that part of something not working?)

If you're still keen on fixing this through editing user_data, then make sure that openLuup is not running.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline delle

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 01:52:25 am »
Thanks akboer
Indeed deleting the scene is another option but I want to do it the hard way :-)
I modified the user_data with openluup stopped and when looking at the actual user_data it still contains the part
"groups":[{
      "actions":[],
      "delay":0}],
What is also weared is that the number(4 in this case) of actions for this scene is still appearing and I cannot find a reference to this number in the user_data?
Also when looking in the log I see my own config file is loaded but immediately followed by the user_data
2016-02-24 07:30:21.566   openLuup.init:: loading configuration ./delvo.json
2016-02-24 07:30:21.574   openLuup.init:: loading user_data json...
2016-02-24 07:30:22.375   openLuup.init:: loading rooms...
Would something be wrong in my own file delvo.json?
Anyway the modifications on the actions in the scenes were done in both user_data and delvo.json but still no luck
Apologies for all these questions but I wanted to know better how the system works.
I'm running now 2 months without any active scene on my vera, works very well with openluup!

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:35 am »
I'm sorry, but editing the user_data.json file is, as in Vera, only something to do in extremis.  I don't know what you've done, and I haven't got a log or the user_data to look at, so anything I suggest would be just guesswork.

Are you saying that openLuup is working OK, but you have a particular configuration with a broken scene that you don't, for some reason, want to delete?  Not sure I can help you with that one.

-----

Edit: one thing I do notice is that your original error message is not, AFAIK, one generated by openLuup, so the problem seems to arise from your actual Vera ???  Again, just guesswork.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:51:18 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline delle

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:20 pm »
Thanks,I'll delete and recreate the scenes.  Will investigate on the vera what happened