We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Intermatic CA3750 UI7  (Read 1495 times)

Offline sdittoc

Intermatic CA3750 UI7
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:05:13 pm »
My  Intermatic CA3750 has been working flawlessly for the past few years.  Last weekend I updated to UI7 and now the pool will turn on using scheduled but, wont turn off.  I can not turn pool on or off using the console or Homewave app anymore.  The console was showing the device and that it could not communicate with it.  I excluded the device today but, I am unable to include it again.  I tried restoring from backup and the device still does not show up.  Does anyone else have this working using UI7?

Offline andrewgarfield

Re: Intermatic CA3750 UI7
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »
Mine had been working flawlessly for about 6 months on UI7 (I upgraded right away last year).  However, the last update basically had exactly what you are saying happen to me.  It was working great, did the update, and boom now I can't get it to communicate.

It sucks because for the last several weeks I've had to manually turn on and off the pump.  Here I have spent thousands of dollars on this equipment to make my house highly automated, but I have to run out and do this every day.

I don't have *ANY* solid evidence, but my working hypothesis is as follows.  My pool pump control is kind of far away from the vera.  I have several intermediary nodes in between which has been routing faithfully this entire time.  Previously the veras have been using their own routing system and it worked well.  But over the last few updates I think they started to phase out the use of their own routing system in favor of the built in Z-wave stuff.  And for that reason the Vera is simply unable to communicate with the CA3750.

Perhaps related is that my system constantly drops nodes in and out since that update.  Usually all it takes is a reconfigure and they are working again for a little while.

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:45:28 am »
Thanks for the info.  The thing I find strange is that I was able to successfully exclude the device taking vera directly to it but no matter what I do I can not get it to include the device again.  Is yours showing up under devices?

Even after restoring from backup I can not get the device to show up again.

I have an outdoor lighting module 2 feet from the pump control and then a light switch that is 20 feet away from that.  My outdoor lights are working fine.

Did you try reaching out to support?  I opened a support case a couple of days ago but I have not heard back as of yet.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:22:54 am by sdittoc »

Offline andrewgarfield

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:01:54 am »
From what I read about the CA3750 the only way to include it is to bring the Vera unit over to the CA3750 and pair from battery.  I don't think it can configure like that, but that's how you can get it paired again at least.  I too have nodes that are right next to the unit that work just fine, including battery powered ones.

Right now I have a single icon for my CA3750 on my home screen with an error on it.  Typically there will be several children devices if it was working correctly but I don't have those.  if I try to configure the unit it comes back saying "ERROR: Unable to get any information on node".

I did try to talk to support but they were useless.  They basically just misunderstood what Intermetic product I was talking about and said I needed a specific version of Z-wave to run it.  I got so fed up that they didn't read my ticket correctly and just stopped dealing with them.

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 11:40:02 am »
thanks again for the info.  No matter what I do I can no longer get the device to include.  I will reach out to support again.  Not sure what else to do...

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 10:56:43 am »
Thanks to BulldogLowell for his assistance.

Apparently the Intermatic CA3750 does not work with the newest version of firmware for UI7.  I reverted back to 1.7.649 and I was able to successfully add the device and now have control of it again.