We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HSM100 Setup  (Read 8701 times)

Offline CMRancho

Re: HSM100 Setup
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:22 am »
Alrighty,

So I too have an HSM100 - and I can't seem to get it work the way I want. I'm sure it's me, not the sensor.

It is added to Vera (UI4) fine. I am getting temp and light sensors a plenty, and I can get it to turn on the lights in the room when is senses motion.

Here is where I am stuck;

I want it to use the light level to know whether or not to turn on the light. For example, it turns on the light regardless if it's noon (and the room is full of sunlight) or midnight with no light. How can I make it use a certain light percentage reading from the sensor? So that the room has to only have 10% light, THEN the light comes on with motion?

Second challenge - I want the lights to go off after 10 minutes of no motion ...

Any help would be GREAT - as I've been playing with this for a while and can't seem to get it to work for me.  ???

"Conditional expressions" are currently under development and MCV is shooting for a Sept/Oct release timeframe. This will give us some great flexibility for this kind of scene. Until then, you can set the device's parameters to control the ambient light level at which the device will turn on your lights. You can also adjust motion sensitivity, reset timing, etc. You can find instructions here:  http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ExpressControls3in1
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.