We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Version v0.21.rc9 - installation error - Device could not be updated  (Read 705 times)

Offline OldChas

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +1/-1
Getting an installation error as follows:

Mismatched Files
Using ReSynch, get error Device could not be updated
 D_Wink_Hub1_UI5.json

Downloaded the ZIP again to ensure that the proper file was installed. When I open the file with JSONedit 0.9.17.0, an error is thrown:

Failed to parse text,
Line 943, Column 4
Syntax error: value, object or array expected.



Offline cybrmage

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1104
  • Karma: +113/-43
Re: Version v0.21.rc9 - installation error - Device could not be updated
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »
Using ReSynch, get error Device could not be updated

Without logs, I can't be certain why this is occurring...

I have seen it occasionally no my development setup during initialization, where the plugin tries to update the name of a device that is connected to an AAU enabled hub/relay... The AAU server (on the hub/relay) has not yet implemented the name parameter for all devices... The hub responds with an error, and the plugin dutifully reports it... I am hesitant to "fix" this "error", as it only occurs during plugin startup or resync, and does not occur during normal operation, and the relevant section of code is used to update the device name for both Wink API and AAU API...I\m hoping (perhaps naively) that Wink will fix the "error" in the next hub/relay update, so that I don't have to mask it...

However, it could be something completely different, and I would need the logs to be certain.

An update has been posted in the "LATEST VERSION" thread to fix the "FILE MISMATCHED" and UI5 json errors.