We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openWeather plugin for openLuup  (Read 9698 times)

Offline logread

Re: openWeather plugin for openLuup
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:46 pm »
I noticed this problem too, and have just fixed it, so that 1.2 is now selectable.

The problem was that releases 1.0 and 1.1 were referencing the master repository, and 1.2 was not defined at all as a release.  As a result, selecting anything would download the latest version.  They now point towards their correct tagged releases.
Thanks akbooer ! I am afraid I got confused at some point in time with Github  ???
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline jswim788

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 01:19:15 am »
Is there anything in particular I need to do to get Fahrenheit temperatures other than set the Metric to 0?  The plugin works fine for me, but stays in C regardless of the Metric value.

Offline logread

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 02:40:38 am »
Is there anything in particular I need to do to get Fahrenheit temperatures other than set the Metric to 0?  The plugin works fine for me, but stays in C regardless of the Metric value.
The 'Metric' variable is for wind or visibility data... temperature unit selection is automatic and based on the controller's system parameters. Can you please check in AltUI that in the /More/Controllers menu option you see 'TemperatureFormat' parameter set to 'F' ?
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 02:46:32 am »
@logread - great to see you got this going. :D

I'm wondering if you considered naming your variables the same as used in the other weather plugin? The compatibility would be very useful. For example I have a plugin that reads the var 'Forecast.1.HighTemperature' where the forecast number can be 0 to 3 in my case. I think you use 'TomorrowHighTemp'

On a different issue, some of the variables the SID could be altered to be more standard but no big deal eg:

Code: [Select]
-- temperature vars
local TEMP_SENSOR_SID = 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1'

-- humidity var
local HUMIDITY_SENSOR_SID = 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1'

Offline logread

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 03:35:03 am »
@a-lurker, thanks...

On the variables naming, it is on purpose that I chose 'TomorrowHighTemp' rather than 'Forecast.1.HighTemperature', to make it more user friendly... Also for now I discard forecast days 2 and 3. I did not realize one could have a plugin reading into the Weather device variables (as opposed to scenes/variable watches) rather than such plugin fetching the WU data directly ?

On the SID comment, I am confused. My plugin "CurrentTemperature" variable indeed has an SID =  "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1" and the "CurrentLevel" humidity variable indeed has an SID =  "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1"... If you refer to the forecast values, it is right that I am using the plugin's own SID, but that was precisely because these are specific to the plugin v.s. 'standard' temperature and humidity devices... 

But I am open to making changes if that helps/makes more sense...

Offline jswim788

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »
@logread - you were correct about the F versus C.  Works now.  Thanks!

Request: can you add the weather station in the response from WU to a variable?  This helps to troubleshoot issues and to identify which station is being used when given a latitude and longitude.  I've seen cases where one station goes offline and WU redirects to the next closest, so it would be nice to have that tucked away in a variable to see which station is actually being used.  This also helps in cases where you accidentally put in an incorrect latitude and longitude.

Offline logread

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 09:18:36 am »
Request: can you add the weather station in the response from WU to a variable?
Interesting idea. I'll think about it for the next release

Offline logread

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
Version 1.4 has been released and available in the AltUI App Store.
First post of this thread has been updated accordingly.
Please let me know of issues/suggestions.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 12:40:19 am »
Hi @logread just installed the updated L_openWeather.lua from github on my Vera test device.
So far everything is still working as expected except that I have found that some of the Variables are not according to the selected language (this is not something introduced in your latest version since it is the same in the previous one).

I don't know if this information is available from WUI for other languages than English but the variables I'm referring to are:

ConditionGroup
WindCondition

I don't think I will ever need to use "ConditionGroup" but it would be nice if "WindCondition" was available in the selected language.

In case you need to know I'm using SW for language.

Another nice to have feature would be the plugin version available as a variable also so that it would be easy to check what version is currently used. (this is just my opinion that you can ignore if you like since I do not belong to the intended user group using openLuup, AltUI and such).
- Tomas

Offline logread

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 04:33:17 am »
Version 1.5 has been released and available in the AltUI App Store.

It is a minor update suggested by @amg0 to allow for two icons to appear in the device in AltUI: Not only today's weather condition, but also tomorrow's. This change will be effective with a new release of AltUI by @amg0.

First post of this thread has been updated accordingly.

Offline logread

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 04:33:37 am »
Version 1.6 has been contributed by @amg0 to add windspeed variable and is available from the Alt App Store in AltUI.

Offline DesT

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:16 am »
Am I the only one having an issue when I try to update openWeather that it create all devices in double... instead of just updating ?
Vera Edge-UI7/Plus-UI7 (2), DSC Partition (5 ) + Zones Sensors(31), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (3), GE Sw (8 ), GE Dimr (14), FGMS-001 (2), ZW100 (2), RZCS4 (1), AL-DSC11 (1), Aeon HEM 2nd Edition (1), Aeon SSE (5), YRD220-ZW (1), SONOS (6), MyQ Chamberlain (1)
PINE64/openLuup/ALTUI/Rules

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2017, 11:03:32 am »
Are there two parent devices, or are all these duplicates from a single parent?

3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline DesT

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2017, 11:05:55 am »
I just test it again for you ;)

And it's a new parent with 2 new childs with no config!
Vera Edge-UI7/Plus-UI7 (2), DSC Partition (5 ) + Zones Sensors(31), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (3), GE Sw (8 ), GE Dimr (14), FGMS-001 (2), ZW100 (2), RZCS4 (1), AL-DSC11 (1), Aeon HEM 2nd Edition (1), Aeon SSE (5), YRD220-ZW (1), SONOS (6), MyQ Chamberlain (1)
PINE64/openLuup/ALTUI/Rules

Offline logread

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2017, 11:17:09 am »
Are you seeing multiple plugin devices or only duplicate children (or both) ?

Are you running the plugin on Vera or on openLuup ?

The only instance I can think where children would be recreated is if you happen to change the existing children's Vera device ids (e.g. "OWT" for the temperature child and "OWH" for the humidity one), then new child devices will indeed be created at each restart... the plugin checks for these fixed ids to verify the children already exist or not.

In any case, easiest workaround could be to delete the existing plugin and reinstall the latest version.

I am afraid I cannot do better debugging on this since I no longer run any Vera, having moved all my HA to Domoticz since the beginning of the year after too much frustration with Vera... I just keep an eye on the forum to help as much as I can with the plugins I developed but please keep that limitation in mind.