Author Topic: PLEG Next Gen UI  (Read 24888 times)

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLEG Next Gen UI
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 02:34:45 pm »
I will add to the list to save the export with references by NAME and allow rebinding do a new device ID on INPUT, and if the INPUT is not found it will allow you to specify the new Device Name.

This should solve a number of request to be able to import to another instance and rebind ...

Yes, this will be awesome.  I imagine I'm not alone in wanting a library of pleg recipes that other users post on the forum, import that and just get prompted for which devices to bind to on my system.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »
I couldn't see this asked or answered elsewhere.

Will this be an update that will keep our existing pleg functions working or do we have to start again?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 06:43:11 pm »
Always backwards compatible.
You may have to open Each PLEG/PLTS  in the editor to upgrade it.

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 06:59:02 pm »
^^^
This is so teasing.....
I doubt I'll have any fingernails left....
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 09:42:10 am »
Ace!

I feel just a little sad, sad that I'm so excited about this lol

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 10:40:14 pm »
I imagine this is a big undertaking but do you have any thoughts on when you might have a beta available?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 08:12:37 pm »
You can try the begging of the NEW UI.  This has all the functionality of the existing PLEG editor (I know a few bugs have been fixed that had not been reported).

This can ONLY be used on the LATEST UI7 (last couple of months) baseline.

Just upload the attached files to your Vera (APPS -> Develop Apps -> LUUP Files -> Upload)
You need to restart Vera after upload the .json file. Remove the .txt extension from the .js file.

This will add another option at the end of the PLEG panel (Scroll down).

Every thing is in the "Edit" panel. You should be able to inter-operate between the two editors, but I would refresh the browser if you want to go back to the OLD editor.

The BACKUP format is not interchangeable between the new and old editor.

Let me know what you think. This will be the basis for the new functionality:
-> OpenLuup
-> Support in AltUI
-> Templates (so you can merge solutions into your existing module)
-> Rebinding (on restore in case some inputs were deleted and re-created)
-> Much more ...

I moved the Alpha -Test files to the first entry in this thread!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:48:28 pm by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 08:45:07 pm »
Initial impression: Familiar and responsive!

EDIT: Installed on one VeraEdge (1.7.1707).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:50:35 pm by BrianLBeaton »

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 03:44:00 am »
I like the NEW UI but new conditions I try to create with it does not seem to get saved or if I edit an old one it will be cleared so the result is an empty condition. Do I need to update PLC 7.48 and PLEG 7.47 versions also?

I have a spare Veralite on UI7 version 1.7.760 that I'm using for testing new things.
- Tomas

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 04:08:04 am »
And here I am several thousand miles away from my Veralite.....but the big decision will be to upgrade to UI7 or be happy with my lot and UI5. Well done RTS, I realise that eventually we all will have to gravitate upwards and to have this wonderful plugin running with openLuup & AltUI is a godsend.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 08:59:37 am »
Last minute change ... I just replaced the J_PLC2.js.txt ... re download it and try again.

Offline KewlRobD

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 04:41:57 pm »
And here I am several thousand miles away from my Veralite.....but the big decision will be to upgrade to UI7 or be happy with my lot and UI5. Well done RTS, I realise that eventually we all will have to gravitate upwards and to have this wonderful plugin running with openLuup & AltUI is a godsend.

Don't do it.  My system is a complete mess.  I have all kinds of instabilities and can't edit my Plegs effectively because of the saving bug.  Vera support has blamed almost every device and app in my system at one point or another. I have proven every theory they have wrong.  I have a somewhat large and complex system.  I have proven to them that the stability issues start small and almost unnoticeable after installing about a dozen devices and a few apps to a new vera edge unit.  The more items I add the worse it gets.  It also seems that the longer I just let the system sit without rebooting anything the more unstable it gets.   UI7 has all kinds of bugs and firmware updates seem to frequently make things worse. I am sitting here thankful I never got around to selling my vera lite.  As soon as I have enough time I am going to rebuild my network on that and use UI5 until I hear UI7 is stable.

Offline asterix406

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »
The UI looks great. One issue I have uncovered is that Repeating Conditions don't work. I checked the box and I get " Error Parsing ConditionRepeat! "

Greg

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 06:53:02 pm »
I was originally planning to change the data structure for repeats but ultimately decided to leave them the same ... So I would not have to update the runtime engine.
I forgot to revert the load/save code ...

I have updated the J_PLC2.js.txt again to fix this problem.

Offline korttoma

• Keep it simple, stupid
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 03:38:58 am »
Yep, now it works as expected thanks Richard.
- Tomas