We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLEG Next Gen UI  (Read 27776 times)

Offline asterix406

Re: PLEG Next Gen UI
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:58 pm »
For me the error message has gone but I can't get the Repeat condition to save. I have tried both UI variants.

Offline mnaz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 01:15:42 pm »
I loaded the latest files and gave it a try without any noticeable issues yet. It looks very nice and has a much more modern feel and from my experience will be easier to use.

Thanks Richard for the continued time investment I really appreciate it.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »
@asterix406,
The new version does not fix the underlying MCV save issue that people are seeing.

MCV has indicated a new approach only available in there next real ease MAY solve the problem.
Not everyone sees the problem ... for those that do ... it is consistent.
It does not appear to be memory related as folks with a new Vera Plus also have the problem.
I have not been able to see any common denominators. (It's not even unique to PLEG)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:15:15 pm by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline asterix406

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 10:45:06 am »
I am running a Vera Plus so memory is not an issue. If it helps with troubleshooting, I can save anything except Repeats. I can check the box, navigate to another tab, navigate back and it is gone.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »
Regarding the annoying save issue I received an update from mcv.

From what I know the issue you?re experiencing with the PLEG plugin has already been fixed and will be included in the 7.14 release, and there?s no workaround we can apply on your unit until then. Though the firmware release was supposed to be released earlier this month, last minute issues required an extended testing period before the public beta release.

Once the firmware goes through the public beta and no issues are received it will be released for the general public.

There is little we can do until our QA team gives the green light for the public beta. Once the beta is available you can install it if you?d like to, or wait for the general public release.

Sorry for the inconvenience the issue might cause you.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »
I am running a Vera Plus so memory is not an issue. If it helps with troubleshooting, I can save anything except Repeats. I can check the box, navigate to another tab, navigate back and it is gone.

See the attached screenshot.  Are you selecting the save button after checking the Repeats box before navigating to another tab?

Offline electnixon

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 12:51:51 pm »
Well darn.  I had resigned myself to staying on UI5 with my Vera3 for a while and enjoy the relative stability that it has, but now Richard's given me a reason to upgrade.  Ordering VeraPlus in 3,2,1...

Offline asterix406

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 03:59:46 pm »
@BrianLBeaton

Yes I am aware of the Save button. Click Save, navigate away, come back and the Repeat is no longer selected.

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 04:40:03 pm »
@asterix406

My unit displays the message "Saving ConditionMap!" for several seconds after I press the Save button, and then the displayed text disappears.  Do you see the same behavior?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »
If you are seeing:
   "Saving ConditionMap!"

for many seconds then you are suffering from a UI7 Performance bug ... that I have also  reported to MCV.
I believe this is a less severe symptom of the UI7 Saving bug!

When things are working properly you should see:
     "Saving XXX!"
Almost immediately (less than a second) followed by:
     "XXX Saved!"

Where XXX is any of a number of internal PLEG state variables (You can see the list from the Advanced Tab).

All message disappear after 10 seconds.

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 05:04:14 pm »
@RTS

Thanks for letting me know what the expected response should be.  I don't see "XXX Saved!" displayed.  Otherwise, everything appears to be working okay.  I am evaluating your new functionality on a VeraEdge so perhaps I will try again later with a VeraPlus. 

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 05:10:35 pm »
I added all of these messages to better understand how the VERA API's are working.
If there is an error ... you should also have a popup that says:
      "Error Saving:  XXX

So at least your are not getting the error response.

This is all part of the Quality of the API I have been complaining to MCV about.

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »
@RTS,

Installed on my VeraPlus, tested it, and I see the same behavior as I described above for the VeraEdge.  (i.e. Saving ConditionMap! display for several seconds.  Don't see Saved ConditionMap!).

It is probably better to be suffering from a UI7 performance bug than a  UI7 saving bug.

Reminds me of the joke: "Every tester has the heart of a developer ... in a jar on their desk." 
;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:01:31 pm by BrianLBeaton »

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 06:39:37 pm »
@RTS

Please refer to the attached screenshot.  I just noticed that this new functionality no longer automatically removes previously defined Device Actions for devices that are no longer in Vera.  The new edit functionality displays the device as undefined where it can be manually removed.  Is this behavior intentional?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:26 pm »
Yes I removed that logic because the plans are to validate and offer to Rebind or Remove via a GUI interface and not just remove them.

This is to support the following use cases:
   1) Repair/replace device in current system.
   2) Restore to a new platform where I rebuilt my Z-Wave mesh from scratch.
   3) Import a template PLEG into an existing PLEG (i.e. a Smart Dimmer Light/Motion with Manual Override template)
       potentially multiple times.

All of these have unbound devices in the current definition that need to be bound to actual devices in the current Vera system.