We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide  (Read 47213 times)

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
Re: openLuup : Turn-key Installation (Load and go..)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 02:55:38 pm »
I've updated the original thread, we now have two guides. One for Aptitude and the other specific to the turn-key install.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline bucko

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 12:10:04 am »
I actually checked into Odrobian when you first mentioned the XU. Honestly, I'm still not sure. However, if you have an extra Micro laying around give it a try.  In fact, you don't need to do anything except load it and see if it works. If you don't have an extra card then definitely wait this one out.

OK! Now you guys are getting it together. Glad to hear about this image "load and go" thing.

However that begs the question now from me. I don't use a PI. I got an Odroid XU4 running a ported Jessie Debian called Odrobian. Do you think this work for this SBC or does it need to be ported to work on the XU4?

FYI- I just tried the img on my XU4 (emmc). Sadly it does not work. No boot at all.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 11:39:59 am »
Yes, that's not good news... So how hot does the Odroid run since it appears to ship with a fan? I'm looking to replace my pi2 with one of these, just wishing this was fanless.

I actually checked into Odrobian when you first mentioned the XU. Honestly, I'm still not sure. However, if you have an extra Micro laying around give it a try.  In fact, you don't need to do anything except load it and see if it works. If you don't have an extra card then definitely wait this one out.

OK! Now you guys are getting it together. Glad to hear about this image "load and go" thing.

However that begs the question now from me. I don't use a PI. I got an Odroid XU4 running a ported Jessie Debian called Odrobian. Do you think this work for this SBC or does it need to be ported to work on the XU4?

FYI- I just tried the img on my XU4 (emmc). Sadly it does not work. No boot at all.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:43 pm »
Anyone creating a docker container?  Love the pi plan, but if you already have a Docker-capable NAS, it is real convenient to run new apps that way sans hardware...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

guest20975

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:57 pm »
Cudanet, successfully loaded the turnkey image onto my Raspberry Pi 3, no problems to report.

David

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 03:56:44 pm »
I'm afraid my knowledge of Docker is limited....

Anyone creating a docker container?  Love the pi plan, but if you already have a Docker-capable NAS, it is real convenient to run new apps that way sans hardware...

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 03:59:29 pm »
Thanks for the update, hopefully this was a leaps-and-bounds improvement.

Cudanet, successfully loaded the turnkey image onto my Raspberry Pi 3, no problems to report.

David

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

Searching the forum for "openLuup" and "docker" will find a handful of threads which mention this issue (and with some success) including http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35251.msg260428.html#msg260428

The outstanding problem appears to be finding a way to make the content persistent across restarts... it's way out of my league, I'm afraid.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »
Oh, if Airedale has created a Docker, we should be set.  I use his Echo Bridge Docker image already.  Persistence should not be a problem if you create a directory and specify it when creating/starting the container.  (EDIT:  I was referring to configuration file persistence, but this looks more complicated.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:12:35 pm by wilme2 »
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 06:08:33 pm »
Here's a link for others to reference:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=34278.0

Oh, if Airedale has created a Docker, we should be set.  I use his Echo Bridge Docker image already.  Persistence should not be a problem if you create a directory and specify it when creating/starting the container.

Offline bucko

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 07:08:42 pm »
My XU4 has not really got too hot. But I have not used it that much yet. The fan cycles on/off when needed. I'll say it does have a lot more power than the PI no doubt.

My purpose for getting it was for running openluup. I hope to see it working in the future.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »
Shouldn't have to wait too long, I ordered one tonight...

My XU4 has not really got too hot. But I have not used it that much yet. The fan cycles on/off when needed. I'll say it does have a lot more power than the PI no doubt.

My purpose for getting it was for running openluup. I hope to see it working in the future.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 06:36:06 pm »
Quick question:

Which version of Jesse is the image (Lite or Full).

I've tried to load Weaver, Node-Red and the editor, all return an error:

command not found

Have no idea what I have missed or if this is due to a partial installation vs a full install.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 06:42:45 pm »
The image is Jessie lite pre-loaded with Weaved (I assumed that what you meant by Weaver). Are you using sudo to install ?
For Weaved you just need to type $ sudo weavedinstaller

See Turn-key_rj8 guide, step [35] for detailed instructions on Weaved configuration..
Do you need node-red since AltUI seems to have this baked in (as a proof of concept) ?

Quick question:

Which version of Jesse is the image (Lite or Full).

I've tried to load Weaver, Node-Red and the editor, all return an error:

command not found

Have no idea what I have missed or if this is due to a partial installation vs a full install.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:44:34 pm by CudaNet »

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »
Thanks,
I was using the Turn Key @ Step 35.
This time it worked.

I wanted to see how node-red works, as I'm working towards using a RP2 Z Wave daughter board rather than Vera as the radio.
I also now have a surplus of spare time as I'm off work with a work related injury and need to exercise the grey matter for the next 3 months, I can't think of a better way. :)

Now I see what Weaved does. Didn't really need it (ATM)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:55:38 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.