We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide  (Read 45069 times)

Offline powisquare

Re: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:28 am »
Eventually found the dev branch of openLuup and replaced all the files on the pi. Using the updated manual March 2018 from akbooer I now have altui working! Verabridge is installed and have entered ip for one of the veras into the ip box in attributes but there is no connection.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2018, 11:42:20 am »
  • Have you restarted openLuup?
  • Have you disabled the security features on Vera (if using new firmware)?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline powisquare

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2018, 07:35:46 am »
To recap: had a problem using the turn-key image with a pi model B + and so tried more challenging  install using CudaNet and  akbooer guides. Not much luck with openLuup master but got there in the end with openLuup from the development branch and the method described therein (See Documentation folder). As a complete novice I am setting out my progress for anyone else's benefit and possible 'reminder to self'. Do let me know if there are catastrophic errors here ; )

Decided to do fresh install to /etc/cmh-ludl as opposed to /home/pi/vera/cmh-ludl. Had to change permissions for the folder first sudo chmod -R ugo+rw /etc/cmh-ludl. Continued with instructions.

Got "error in callback [lr_ALTUI_Handler] : [string "L_ALTUI.lua"]:2307: attempt to index local 'tbl' (a nil value)". Stopped openLuup (http://openLuupIP:3480/data_request?id=exit) and edited user_data.json by inserting {} into PluginConfig value. Continued with instructions.

Linked to Vera using Verabridge. Devices have been copied and icons but most variables are not displaying even though they are populated in the Variable list.

Feel I should ask about this in another thread as it is getting off topic now. Thanks for all your help guys.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2018, 09:01:57 am »
This is a known problem described elsewhere.  @rafale posted a temporary fix for openLuup but it really just needs a variable fixing in AltUI, IIRC.

Search should find, but I'll post a link later if necessary.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline powisquare

« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:57 pm »
Thanks, couldn't find it myself but did make some headway bridging to the three veras and now have something to show for it. Next stop datayours/grafana. Cheers.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2018, 03:26:54 pm »
Thanks, couldn't find it myself but did make some headway bridging to the three veras and now have something to show for it. Next stop datayours/grafana. Cheers.

This is the post I was thinking of...
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,83034.msg387377.html#msg387377

For your next stop, developments are in progress to archive openLuup device variables to DataYours completely without any configuration, which will make things easier.  But feel free to play.  Avoid the out of date dashboard DataDash.

Offline Homer

« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2018, 11:14:36 pm »
Thank you for doing the work your food to create this! I have a Windows 10 machine that is always on so I installed Virtual Box and have it running in it.

How do I update? Sorry, I'm a noob 😁 it tells me there is an update and I say yes to it, but it doesn't do anything.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk