Author Topic: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide  (Read 29938 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: openLuup: Turn-key Images & Linux (Aptitude) Guide
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2017, 09:08:30 am »
I think it's worth trying to update your openLuup image before anything else... the turnkey image is a bit dated these days (although, to be fair, it certainly worked well!)

The check mark on the Plugins screen is meaningless, and indeed it is not checked by default.  Perhaps you clicked that box, rather than pressing the button on the right hand side?

To update openLuup from the Plugins screen, just type development into the Update box and click the update button on the right (NOT the checkbox.)

Always worth refreshing the browser after things have updated.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline RHCPNG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2017, 10:04:26 am »
I think it's worth trying to update your openLuup image before anything else... the turnkey image is a bit dated these days (although, to be fair, it certainly worked well!)

The check mark on the Plugins screen is meaningless, and indeed it is not checked by default.  Perhaps you clicked that box, rather than pressing the button on the right hand side?

To update openLuup from the Plugins screen, just type development into the Update box and click the update button on the right (NOT the checkbox.)

Always worth refreshing the browser after things have updated.

This fixed it, thnx akbooer!

Now I only still have two OpenLuup devices. Can this give me any problems?

Offline ChrisTheC

« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2017, 11:00:56 am »

This fixed it, thnx akbooer!

Now I only still have two OpenLuup devices. Can this give me any problems?

That happened to me too. I think I may have checked the "Update" box on the "Plugins" page (as akbooer notes above is not needed). When I figured the correct way to update openLuup, I was left with 2 openLuup plugins.

Since I was just starting with the VirtualBox image, I didn't care if I screwed things up (easy enough to recreate from scratch at this point) . . .
I just trashed one of the openLuup plugins - see image below.

Hope this helps
Chris

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2017, 12:14:08 pm »
The openLuup plugin should be installed as device #2 (which, in Vera, is the local scene controller.)  If you have another one, then go ahead and delete it, although I would be very interested to know what you did to do that... did you perhaps try and install it from the plugins menu?  It comes built-in with the basic system.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline RHCPNG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2017, 12:20:57 pm »
The openLuup plugin should be installed as device #2 (which, in Vera, is the local scene controller.)  If you have another one, then go ahead and delete it, although I would be very interested to know what you did to do that... did you perhaps try and install it from the plugins menu?  It comes built-in with the basic system.

I think it was already there when I got to AltUI for the first time. I did however have some troubles with my virtual network card when I first started the VM.

Offline RHCPNG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2018, 03:46:27 am »
Just to be sure. Is there now a backup script configured in the VM that runs automatically? Because I see a backup file, but as stated, there is no scene for it.

I have to create my own scene, right?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2018, 01:30:29 pm »
Sorry, don?t understand this question.   Backups of the user_data.json file are made regularly (default is 6 minutes after startup, and thereafter every hour) with 5 previous versions being saved (by default.)

The AltUI interface More > Table Controllers > Backup allow you to generate a separately archived (and, by default, compressed) backup file with the option to download to your browser machine. This action can also be initiated by HTTP request.

If you need something more, then, yes, you could write your own scene to do it.  Or, indeed, an external script.

Offline RHCPNG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2018, 02:05:08 pm »
Sorry, don?t understand this question.   Backups of the user_data.json file are made regularly (default is 6 minutes after startup, and thereafter every hour) with 5 previous versions being saved (by default.)

The AltUI interface More > Table Controllers > Backup allow you to generate a separately archived (and, by default, compressed) backup file with the option to download to your browser machine. This action can also be initiated by HTTP request.

If you need something more, then, yes, you could write your own scene to do it.  Or, indeed, an external script.

Ok, that was the answer I was looking for. I want to save some older backups then 5 hours, for example every week. Thanks!