Author Topic: PLUGIN: Magic Home Wifi LED Control (Bulbs & RGBW strips)  (Read 15981 times)

Offline ceefin

Re: PLUGIN: Magic Home Wifi LED Control (Bulbs & RGBW strips)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 03:43:28 pm »
So it appears that there's a bug with one of the latest firmware versions that has broken a few things. Supposedly the latest update fixed it, but I'm still having problems with my unit. Currently working to get that fixed.

On the bright side.. (heh, pun!) - I've put together the code needed to transition relatively smoothly from one color to another. I'm going to be adding it to the plugin as soon as I'm able. Will make it configurable for transition time and number of steps.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 05:27:00 pm »
Color fade code is approaching complete. I'm working on getting it into the system now.

Offline HSD99

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
Any update on when the fixed version will be released?

Offline ceefin

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2017, 08:28:34 am »
Any update on when the fixed version will be released?

It hasn't been done yet? I submitted it like 6 weeks ago. Sorry for that - I'll follow up with the Vera folks and have them approve it.

Offline HSD99

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 09:25:06 am »
Thanks! The version shows as 1.2 from 2016. This is using the "Install Apps" function in 1.7.3232.

App id :8600
Current Version:1.2
Latest Version1.2
 Auto Update
This plugin has created the following devices:

#801 Library LEDS

#802 Window LED Strip

Offline ceefin

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2017, 09:45:38 am »
Yeah, mine does too.. If you'd like, I could send you a link to the files to upgrade to the latest?

Offline HSD99

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 10:06:17 am »
That would be great. I did the edit to the implementation file to fix the problem with turning on, but I would certainly prefer to have the latest version. Thanks for creating this plug-in---it makes LED strip control much more affordable.

Offline GaryOkie

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
Can anyone confirm if the WiFi configuration on the Magic Home UFO is able to handle complex WiFi passkeys?     (complex, defined as key length > 32 chars, and includes special symbols and spaces). 

The last few inexpensive WiFi HA devices I've tried, like those from Broadlink, wouldn't connect to my home WiFi (2.4GHz) because of this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:05:30 pm by GaryOkie »

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 10:18:25 am »
Hi All,

I just installed the Plugin and everything is working fine. But is there a way how i can control the light (RGBW strip) with the android app? In the app i have a Light bulb icon but no sitch to control it?
Currently iam using a virtual switch but a switch in the app would be great.

Anyways, thanks for the plugin it works great in my sunset/sunrise PLEG's

Offline Dan@Timon.ca

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 02:35:06 pm »
Really news question, where would one go to figure out how to get things like this up and running? I have the magic bulb, and the android app for it. Connects, works great, but would like vera edge control of the app.

Offline HSD99

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 11:35:53 pm »
Really news question, where would one go to figure out how to get things like this up and running? I have the magic bulb, and the android app for it. Connects, works great, but would like vera edge control of the app.

Vera can control the Magic Bulb using the Magic Home Wifi LED Control plug-in. You'll need the IP address of your Magic Bulb for the plug-in to work. The plug-in has excellent documentation built in.

Offline nickman2025

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2018, 12:16:26 pm »
Just thought I would put what I noticed recently...I recently purchased a bulb and it wasn't working, for the heck of it, I selected the strip as the control instead of bulb and it works now.

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 01:38:47 am »
Thanks for the plug in , I noticed that it does not show up as an option in modes.I usually have night mode turn off all lights.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 09:41:58 am »
Thanks for the plug in , I noticed that it does not show up as an option in modes.I usually have night mode turn off all lights.

Hi!

To be honest, I don't know how to fix this so that you can control the plugin devices from that particular screen.

I use the House Modes plugin and have a scene for each each particular mode. From there I have the bulbs do what I want them to do. In my case, it turns my office light off and changes my kitchen counter lights to red and dim. I do this via Luup code, which you can find examples of in the documentation tab.

Offline ceefin

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 09:44:09 am »
Just thought I would put what I noticed recently...I recently purchased a bulb and it wasn't working, for the heck of it, I selected the strip as the control instead of bulb and it works now.

There are a number of different manufacturers for these sorts of bulbs, it appears. Some behave differently than others. I had to build in that selector switch because the RGBW would work perfectly for the strips, but in the bulbs that I had, the W would override everything and it would ignore the RGB portion of the color code I fed it. It could be that newer bulbs handle this differently?

Either way, I'm glad it works for you!