Author Topic: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API  (Read 21156 times)

Offline Quixote

Re: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2018, 12:10:57 pm »
By the way,
I was wondering how I can repopulate the list of devices after making changes to the names short of removing and reinstalling the plugin. The ones on the Vera webserver do not currently reflect the correct names of my lights.
Thanks
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2018, 07:16:03 pm »
you should be able to edit the names from within the vera ui.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2018, 07:20:50 pm »
Any way you can work in a "Refresh" button? I'd rather not sit here and edit 20 some-odd light names whenever I decide to modify naming conventions.  ;)
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2018, 11:00:02 pm »
I've uploaded this and it should refresh the device names with the next plugin update (whenever the folks at vera approve it).

Edit: this will happen automatically, no refresh button.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2018, 03:16:10 pm »
Thanks! You're awesome!

Also, happy new year!

Offline gdme

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2018, 04:57:21 am »
Hey folks,

Just installed the Lifx Plugin from the app store (v0.6) and I have few questions:

- is this the latest version?
- do I still need to follow any of the instructions from the first page on this post after installing from the app store?
- all lifx devices and groups have shown up as an "Unknown Category" device type, is this expected as I think it's breaking my attempt at configuring the lights via Vera Concierge (these devices aren't detected)

Offline Majimus

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:46 am »
No, the instructions in the first pages are for the script that inspired the creation of this plug.

The devices not showing up is a known issue that affects other plugins as well.  The fix requires some additional work in order not to break other things and I've been a bit pressed for time lately but it is something that will be addressed in the future.

EDIT: Version 0.7 with the auto label/name refresh has been pulled, a bug was detected during tests.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:56:27 am by Majimus »

Offline gdme

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 05:31:20 pm »
No worries Majimus, don't mean to hassle just getting a grip of where it's at - fantastic work by the way, great plugin :-)

Thanks for all your efforts!

Offline Majimus

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2018, 04:28:04 pm »
Version 0.7 with the auto label/name refresh is available for download  ;).

Offline Quixote

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2018, 05:02:28 pm »
Thanks again!

Offline Majimus

« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2018, 07:09:26 pm »
Thanks again!

This means its working satisfactorily...nice.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2018, 08:53:28 pm »
Thanks again!

I'm actually out of town again, so I haven't been able to test it yet.  :/
But I'm still grateful that you're continuing to develop the plugin, so I wanted to say thanks all the same. I'll be sure to update as soon as I get back in a couple of weeks.

Offline Majimus

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2018, 10:09:31 pm »
Thanks again!

I'm actually out of town again, so I haven't been able to test it yet.  :/
But I'm still grateful that you're continuing to develop the plugin, so I wanted to say thanks all the same. I'll be sure to update as soon as I get back in a couple of weeks.

Well I use this plugin quite a lot so I will continue to put in work when I can, really want to do the hybrid thing for faster on/off but time is against me.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2018, 12:18:13 pm »
Hi Majimus,
I've noticed something strange with the plugin and I was wondering if you may know why it's exhibiting this behavior.
I've renamed a number of lights and deleted the old devices that were created before your revision of the plugin. For some reason a few of them keep reappearing. I've deleted them a number of times and they always come back after a while.
Any ideas?  Thanks!

Offline Majimus

« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2018, 04:33:09 pm »
Hi Majimus,
I've noticed something strange with the plugin and I was wondering if you may know why it's exhibiting this behavior.
I've renamed a number of lights and deleted the old devices that were created before your revision of the plugin. For some reason a few of them keep reappearing. I've deleted them a number of times and they always come back after a while.
Any ideas?  Thanks!

Did you delete them via Vera or via the plugin? chances are if you simply delete via vera..then some time later when you have a restart of the engine, the plugin will re-add the deleted lights when it(plugin) goes through it's startup sequence.

If you have deleted them via the plugin we may have to look into it.