Author Topic: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API  (Read 20352 times)

Offline Majimus

Re: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2018, 03:37:06 pm »
Ok, well I'm confident that whatever you think is best will work out better since you have a much deeper understanding of how this works, obviously.
So if we are running the same lifx scenes with different transition periods within Vera scenes, we would just include a line to change the variable that dictates the scene change duration before the command to execute the LIFX scene (or as I understand now, "device") and then include a line at the end to return the variable to its previous value before the script ends?
Thanks

Alright, that sounds a little convoluted.

I will modify the script, won't test it though (fairly harmless change) so someone will have to take the plunge (harmless is in the eyes of the beholder). 

Best........

Offline Majimus

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2018, 03:49:16 pm »
This will work in the following way:

Code: [Select]
lifx_ctrl("scene_id:XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX", "scene", nil, nil, nil, DURATION)
the last parameter will control the duration....very much aware of the dire need for a new thread with updated instructions and usage guidelines etc etc.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2018, 04:58:36 pm »
Excellent!  Thanks for taking care of that so quickly. Just in the middle of installing a bunch of recessed lights at the moment (to take advantage of my new LIFX abilities  ;)), but I'll try that file out tonight for sure!
Maybe I'll set up a bunch of scripts for my wake up routine tomorrow morning and put it through the gauntlet. I'll let you know how it goes.

One of these days soon I'll go through the 13 pages of this thread and collect all of the important stuff, then I'll see if there is anything I can add to that, send it to you for your review and you can post it in a new thread. Maybe we can request that the post is "stickied" while we're at it.

Take care!
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2018, 08:03:31 pm »
Unfortunately, it's not working for me.
I've uploaded the new file, changed the syntax of my script and rebooted the Vera. The scene says that it's been executed successfully, but I see no results.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2018, 08:09:07 pm »
I will check later....so I've tested the code and it works, what did you do?

example usage is:

lifx_ctrl("scene_id:xxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx", "scene", nil, nil, nil, 3)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:48:01 pm by Majimus »

Offline Majimus

« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2018, 10:29:40 pm »
I've created a new topic for the plugin

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,80853.0.html

We can take up further discussion over there, not having access to the first post makes it hard to consolidate information.

maj..