Author Topic: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API  (Read 10495 times)

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 01:44:50 am »
The plugin icons are 50x50 png's.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »
I've uploaded another update to GitHub and also attached the files.  This update adds support for groups.

Using LIFX's cloud API works well for my needs so I probably won't put too much focus on controlling the lights directly (LAN), however if someone would be willing to undertake that then I'm happy to help.

If you notice anything not working as expected do let me know.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2017, 12:08:39 am »
The plugin icons are 50x50 png's.

UI5 icons are 50px X 50px...

UI7 icons are 60px X 60px...

Using LIFX's cloud API works well for my needs so I probably won't put too much focus on controlling the lights directly (LAN), however if someone would be willing to undertake that then I'm happy to help.

The WiFi/UDP Sitch controller (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50722.0.html) plugin already provides local control of LIFX, ECO, SengLED and TP-Link devices.
EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - Broadlink RM - MyQGateway

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:07 pm »
The WiFi/UDP Sitch controller (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50722.0.html) plugin already provides local control of LIFX, ECO, SengLED and TP-Link devices.

This is awesome, maybe we can route some commands through your plugin?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:49:32 pm by Majimus »

Offline Quixote

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2017, 01:15:58 pm »

Maybe you could ask the plugin developer if you could use some of his code and give him credit for it somewhere? It would be nice to keep plugin installations to a minimum in order to keep things clean and efficient.

Thanks for the revision! Have you had the opportunity to look at the transition change duration?

I'll have those images for you tonight by the way.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2017, 04:03:07 pm »

Maybe you could ask the plugin developer if you could use some of his code and give him credit for it somewhere? It would be nice to keep plugin installations to a minimum in order to keep things clean and efficient.

Thanks for the revision! Have you had the opportunity to look at the transition change duration?

I'll have those images for you tonight by the way.

While I understand the reluctance to install plugins, a modular design (Dependency) has certain benefits such as overall smaller plugins since we don't have repeated code all over the place, as well as easier maintenance of the code in the sense of issues are fixed in one place.

One way this can work is, if the LAN support plugin is installed commands can be sent locally whenever possible and if the plugin is not installed everything goes over the LIFX cloud, the plugins can also be merged...that's a possibility if the devs see fit.

I've uploaded the changes for the duration of scenes to Github, once you have added a scene go to the advanced settings and change the SceneDuration variable it's 0 by default and represents the number of seconds for the transition. Let me know if it works as expected.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »
While I understand the reluctance to install plugins, a modular design (Dependency) has certain benefits such as overall smaller plugins since we don't have repeated code all over the place, as well as easier maintenance of the code in the sense of issues are fixed in one place.

Would it really be smaller if I were to install both plugins, even though I have zero use for any of the "Wifi UDP Switch Controller Plugin" functions aside from the LIFX feature? I don't want to be difficult or tick you off ;), but it seems that a full-fledged LIFX plugin should be able to stand on its own and handle all facets of the bulb's capabilities.

I'm not home at the moment and won't be able to test the new revision until I return in a couple of weeks, but I thank you all the same. I have something to look forward to when I get back. I'll be sure to get back to you after I test it out.

My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Quixote

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2017, 07:06:52 pm »
Here is my initial draft. I started with an identical copy of the original in vectors (so I can change the colors if need be), and moved on to include a couple of other ideas i thought may be good. If any of these are appealing but require adjustment, let me know and I can modify the chosen version to suit your tastes. I'll isolate and size the image once you've made your selection.
Maybe you can do a poll or something?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:09:26 pm by Quixote »

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2017, 02:09:11 am »
Here is my initial draft. I started with an identical copy of the original in vectors (so I can change the colors if need be), and moved on to include a couple of other ideas i thought may be good. If any of these are appealing but require adjustment, let me know and I can modify the chosen version to suit your tastes. I'll isolate and size the image once you've made your selection.
Maybe you can do a poll or something?

My vote is for the top left.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2017, 05:44:53 pm »
Plugin can now be accessed via the app store by searching for "LIFX Plugin"   :) .  If you are running the beta code, you will need to delete the plugin before installing the one from the app store.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:58:11 pm by Majimus »

Offline Quixote

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:09 pm »
My vote is for the top left.

Boooooooooooorrriiiiiing  ;P

As you wish. Will these work?

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 11:49:28 pm »
lol @ boring, those are awesome! thanks much. Which was your preference?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:54:14 am by Majimus »

Offline lfairbank

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2017, 02:19:38 am »
Plugin can now be accessed via the app store by searching for "LIFX Plugin"   :) .  If you are running the beta code, you will need to delete the plugin before installing the one from the app store.

Congrats and thanks again, you did a great job!!

Offline Quixote

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2017, 05:29:02 am »
lol @ boring, those are awesome! thanks much. Which was your preference?

:)  Thanks! Glad to help. Let me know if you need any more graphic elements.
I was leaning towards the first icon in the second row because it mimics the android app color-picker to an extent, plus I liked the way the image reflected that it was a multicolored bulb, but I suppose the top left is better for clarity (...or at least it appears that way before rendering it at the proper size and resolution, in any case).

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »
FYI, if you installed version 0.7 through the app store there will be errors due to file corruptions.  I've pulled the release so please "update" (downgrade) to version 0.4 by hitting the update button.

Been having major issues with the repo on mios(vera app store), this update was to bring some performance improvements to the plugin.

If you know of someone who can assist me with my problems in the app store do reach out (i am unable to commit files).

-Maj