Author Topic: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API  (Read 11436 times)

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
Re: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2017, 11:44:54 am »
Hi Majimus, have you had any luck updating your Lifx plugin to work with local control? I'm currently using the UDP Controller app, but group control would be so much nicer. Thanks for your work on this.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2017, 04:04:10 pm »
That has been on my todo list, however I'm having trouble just doing basic updates to the plugin via the mios app store. I will resume development once that has been resolved.

The end goal for this plugin is a hybrid setup where direct LAN messaging will be the preferred control method. As is this plugin allows you to control lights in other properties/locations from your Vera ;-).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:24:10 pm by Majimus »

Offline Quixote

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »
Hey,
I've been looking forward to trying out your new revision, but I've been pretty swamped lately.
If you are waiting on Micasaverde to fix something, we could be waiting a very loooooooonnnnggggg time. I wouldn't rely on them. I've addressed several issues to them with UI7 and the Vera Plus over a year ago and they were never resolved. I ended up finding a work-around for one issue and I've all but given up on the others. We would all be better off if you found a third-party hosting solution. Github comes to mind.
I like the idea of preferring LAN communication. I've had way to many nights where I came home drunk and found that my lights were not responding because of cloud issues. I've had some serious cases of LIFX rage.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:38 pm »
If you are waiting on Micasaverde to fix something, we could be waiting a very loooooooonnnnggggg time. I wouldn't rely on them. I've addressed several issues to them with UI7 and the Vera Plus over a year ago and they were never resolved. I ended up finding a work-around for one issue and I've all but given up on the others.

This has become apparent to me.  It's a bit sad though, one of the appeals of the platform is the sheer quantity of community based plugins. You would think that they would make it as painless as possible for the folks willing to invest their time into giving something back.

I will start working soon on the hybridization of the plugin.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2017, 01:33:25 am »
Hello All.

Had to delete and upload again the plugin to mios app store due to issues that were not being resolved.  if you are using the plugin from the app store then its necessary to remove it and install again (a bummer I know). Also updated the Github repo.

https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8986

The major improvement here is that changes(ON/OFF, brightness) made to the devices externally are reflected in your Vera in a much more efficient manner.

Debug Levels and the refresh period for status updates (DELAY) can be found and edited in the advanced settings.

The coming updates will try to provide local control for non cloud features when possible.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:46:52 am by Majimus »

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2017, 04:17:53 pm »
Hello All.

Had to delete and upload again the plugin to mios app store due to issues that were not being resolved.  if you are using the plugin from the app store then its necessary to remove it and install again (a bummer I know). Also updated the Github repo.

https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8986

The major improvement here is that changes(ON/OFF, brightness) made to the devices externally are reflected in your Vera in a much more efficient manner.

Debug Levels and the refresh period for status updates (DELAY) can be found and edited in the advanced settings.

The coming updates will try to provide local control for non cloud features when possible.

Hi Majimus, I've been using your plugin (v 0.2) to create my Lifx group devices in my system. I do not have any of the individual lights added to my system, only the groups. I'm not seeing the group status update at all. It just looks like the group is off all the time. All commands (dim, on, off) work from the group device though, just the correct status isn't reflected. Do you know what might be causing this?

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2017, 12:52:38 am »
Hi Majimus, I've been using your plugin (v 0.2) to create my Lifx group devices in my system. I do not have any of the individual lights added to my system, only the groups. I'm not seeing the group status update at all. It just looks like the group is off all the time. All commands (dim, on, off) work from the group device though, just the correct status isn't reflected. Do you know what might be causing this?

Editing this message, cause now I recall why this functionality was not provided, the premise was that folks would already have the individual lights added and presenting a group as a regular light can be somewhat confusing/misleading. Different lights in a group can have different states and intensities.

How would you like a group to report the states of it's members?  On if at least one of the group members are on and the intensity being the average?

If we can agree on this then I will provide the functionality for the next update.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:17:33 am by Majimus »

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2017, 08:19:12 am »
How would you like a group to report the states of it's members?  On if at least one of the group members are on and the intensity being the average?

If we can agree on this then I will provide the functionality for the next update.

If possible, I would like to see it reflected like it's shown in the LIFX app. It shows the group being on if any of the bulbs are on. I'm not sure on the dim value though, guess I've never paid attention to the LIFX app for that. I just set it to what I want when needed. An average would be fine for me.

Also, would it be possible to implement the StepUp/StepDown Parameters for the group devices? I use Lutron Pico Remotes to operate these lights and would like to have dimming function for scenes. Thanks you!

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2017, 08:48:49 pm »
I've uploaded the new version with group support (status updates) as we agreed to both Github and the mios app store (they took over 6 weeks to approve the last update FYI).

Also, would it be possible to implement the StepUp/StepDown Parameters for the group devices? I use Lutron Pico Remotes to operate these lights and would like to have dimming function for scenes. Thanks you!

Will try and get the Step support in next update.

Best...

Edit: Seems like it had a bug which has been fixed and uploaded.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:53:22 am by Majimus »

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 09:59:58 am »
I've uploaded the new version with group support (status updates) as we agreed to both Github and the mios app store (they took over 6 weeks to approve the last update FYI).

Thanks Majimus! I've downloaded the newest version (0.4) using the below forced update link. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Code: [Select]
http://<your.vera.ip.address>:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8986&Version=35076

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2017, 02:41:45 am »
I've uploaded a quick bug fix  to the app store for the updater crash on loss of internet connectivity.

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »
I've uploaded a quick bug fix  to the app store for the updater crash on loss of internet connectivity.
Thanks for the fix, I hadn't run into any issues yet. Everything is working great, the new status updates for the groups seem fine.

Any chance of this plugin using standard device files in a future release? This way I could use the devices in remote apps like Imperihome.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »
Thanks for the fix, I hadn't run into any issues yet. Everything is working great, the new status updates for the groups seem fine.

Any chance of this plugin using standard device files in a future release? This way I could use the devices in remote apps like Imperihome.

It only crashes if you have an internet failure. I will change the device file in the next update.

FYI, I don't use groups as part of my normal flow (don't have that many lifx bulbs) so I will remove the test group that I had (ui clutter)...this means you guys will have to let me know if anything is not working as intended (with group updates) from here on out.

Best, Majimus
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:03:23 pm by Majimus »

Offline iankb

« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:49 am »
Hi,

When I add a step to a scene that sets the dimming level and colour of a Lifx bulb, it adds two steps (as seen in the Advance Editor); one to set the dimming level, and one to set the RGB colour.

The one to set the RGB colour (e.g. 255,255,255 for white) seems to reset the dimming level.

The problem is that the plug-in seems more than likely to add the colour task after the dimming task and, with a large number of steps in the Advanced Editor, and no ability to easily rearrange the steps, this means the dimming level is effectively ignored.

Offline iankb

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2017, 10:17:16 am »
The one to set the RGB colour (e.g. 255,255,255 for white) seems to reset the dimming level.

Would a single SetColour command of RGB=127,127,127 have the same (and quicker) effect of setting both White and 50% within the plug-in ?