Author Topic: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API  (Read 9406 times)

Offline jmedemar

• Vera 3
Re: Instructions and Steps to Implement LIFX API
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2017, 11:44:54 am »
Hi Majimus, have you had any luck updating your Lifx plugin to work with local control? I'm currently using the UDP Controller app, but group control would be so much nicer. Thanks for your work on this.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2017, 04:04:10 pm »
That has been on my todo list, however I'm having trouble just doing basic updates to the plugin via the mios app store. I will resume development once that has been resolved.

The end goal for this plugin is a hybrid setup where direct LAN messaging will be the preferred control method. As is this plugin allows you to control lights in other properties/locations from your Vera ;-).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:24:10 pm by Majimus »

Offline Quixote

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »
Hey,
I've been looking forward to trying out your new revision, but I've been pretty swamped lately.
If you are waiting on Micasaverde to fix something, we could be waiting a very loooooooonnnnggggg time. I wouldn't rely on them. I've addressed several issues to them with UI7 and the Vera Plus over a year ago and they were never resolved. I ended up finding a work-around for one issue and I've all but given up on the others. We would all be better off if you found a third-party hosting solution. Github comes to mind.
I like the idea of preferring LAN communication. I've had way to many nights where I came home drunk and found that my lights were not responding because of cloud issues. I've had some serious cases of LIFX rage.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person.

Offline Majimus

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:38 pm »
If you are waiting on Micasaverde to fix something, we could be waiting a very loooooooonnnnggggg time. I wouldn't rely on them. I've addressed several issues to them with UI7 and the Vera Plus over a year ago and they were never resolved. I ended up finding a work-around for one issue and I've all but given up on the others.

This has become apparent to me.  It's a bit sad though, one of the appeals of the platform is the sheer quantity of community based plugins. You would think that they would make it as painless as possible for the folks willing to invest their time into giving something back.

I will start working soon on the hybridization of the plugin.