We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Next Firmware release date?  (Read 13993 times)

Offline Spanners

Re: Next Firmware release date?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 03:04:16 am »
Next beta release for this week ;)

Has it been released or anyone got a link to where it'll be found?

I've never put a Beta on before, but things are so bad I'm prepared to give it a go.

Offline titof174

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 03:31:12 am »
Not relaese yet  ???
Go to facebook
Richard give me this info 3 days ago
Vera edge (Ui7) + 2xfgbs-001, 2xfgsd-002, 2xDSA22, 1xFGS-222, 1xGreenwave NS210-F, wallplug, fgk-101, Nest thermostat V2 / Synology EDS 14

Offline kornev

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 03:15:31 pm »
Yeah, like MicasaVera Ltd has ever delivered anything on time :)

Offline Spanners

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 02:16:35 am »
Yeah, like MicasaVera Ltd has ever delivered anything on time :)

Maybe they've listened to all of the complaints about releasing poor quality code, and they're working to get the next release right.

This does of course mean we'll never get another Vera update ever again.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 03:00:21 am »
14th of April it should have been release they said more than 7 weeks ago... but reminding MCV brings back the answer:

I have checked with the development team and they couldn?t give me an ETA for the exact release date but it?s possible to be released in a few weeks

And later:
This was the initial plan to release the firmware at that date but unfortunately it was delayed and my colleagues don?t want to specify another date because it might also be delayed again.

Hopefully we will release it in a few weeks.

You can view the status here:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

My fingers are so crossed awaiting a new firmware to solve ALL my problems... http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/attachments/concealed-open-carry/115348d1428970258-okay-texans-keep-your-fingers-crossed-fingers-crossed.jpg

Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Spanners

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:55 am »

And later:
This was the initial plan to release the firmware at that date but unfortunately it was delayed and my colleagues don?t want to specify another date because it might also be delayed again.

Hopefully we will release it in a few weeks.

Clearly they don't understand project management at Vera - A task with no due date will be completed by the due date. ie, NEVER, and hope is not a method.

Offline GoBruins

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:03 am »
Clearly they don't understand project management at Vera - A task with no due date will be completed by the due date. ie, NEVER, and hope is not a method.

Agreed. My company would have been out of business years ago if the quality of the software (not to mention support) was at Vera's level.

I was considering the purchase of a VeraPlus to replace my 3, but based on Vera's track record with UI7, I seriously need to consider alternative products.  ???

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:00 pm »
So like many of us, they charged my credit card $150 in December, I guess they were cash strapped and needed our money so they could fund the Vera Plus build.  It bothered me a bit that I was charged well before it shipped.  So a month and a half later they finally ship the product.  They didn't ship as first come first server, but oh well. 

Now 4 months later I am waiting for a firmware release to make it do what I expect it would do from the beginning.  I mean, when they said it would support ZigBee, I thought it would.  But no, it meant that it could support ZigBee, and sure maybe a few devices would work, maybe, sort of.   After all, it has a ZigBee radio inside.  From what others have said, Bluetooth works just about as well.

I suspect they still have a funding problem. Maybe selling off 25% of the company did not raise enough capital?  If they never release decent firmware, the $150 lost is not going to make me loose any sleep.  It just bothers me that I feel scammed and I should have known better.  That's what bothers me the most.

Offline slockhart

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 06:26:31 am »
There are so many ways to look at it.  If they released a really buggy firmware on release date, there would be complaints. If they are delayed because of the issues found in testing, there will be complaints.  It's a no win situation.  I would prefer a delay versus a lot of bugs.  Keep in mind, there will always be issues, but I would prefer to wait and have a more solid solution.  I've used my Vera 3 for several years and it has been great.  I have had to use support once or twice in that period, and hands down exceptional support. I just upgraded to the VeraPlus and there were some hiccups. But all my devices are working with a little tweaking here and there.  I guess my reason for this post is, you have to think which alternative is better.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 11:22:27 am »
@slockhart, one question for you, would your recommend the Vera Plus to your friends without reservations?

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 12:42:41 pm »
@slockhart, one question for you, would your recommend the Vera Plus to your friends without reservations?
I would. I have not had a problem since day one (apart from those caused by me)
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline sebby

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 02:40:21 pm »
This may be an unpopular position considering the thread, but... this is a platform that costs around $100 and so many people are bitching that it is not absolutely perfect?  Seems crazy to me.  I think the platform works really well and it is getting better every release.  For the amount of money we have invested in it, i think i am getting more than my money's worth.  Just my $.02

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »
My Vera Plus cost $150, but if were $100 it wouldn't change my opinion.  Maybe if bought an Edge, I would be happy, but that is not what I did.  I bought the Plus for ZigBee support.  If expecting that to work, and it doesn't makes me bitchy, so be it.

The Vera Plus is like a garden cart I purchased.  I had shopped around and found a cart that was far cheaper than anything else I looked at.  It wasn't the highest of quality, but for the price, it should meet my needs.  So I get it home and start to put it together.  All was going okay until I went to attach the fourth wheel.  No fourth wheel!  The picture on the box shows 4 wheels!  I looked in the box and all around, no fourth wheel.  Like the box that my Vera Plus came in, it showed ZigBee support, but it was missing too.  So, I go back to the store where I bought the cart.  And this is where the similarities of the Vera Plus and the cart had different outcomes.  The store owner knew it should have been shipped with 4 wheels, so realizing that this was a mistake, gave me another wheel.  No, the cart is not perfect, but it has 4 wheels and does what I expected it to do.  I cannot say that the same for my Plus.

Offline slockhart

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »

Absolutely.

Offline sebby

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »
My Vera Plus cost $150, but if were $100 it wouldn't change my opinion.  Maybe if bought an Edge, I would be happy, but that is not what I did.  I bought the Plus for ZigBee support.  If expecting that to work, and it doesn't makes me bitchy, so be it.

The Vera Plus is like a garden cart I purchased.  I had shopped around and found a cart that was far cheaper than anything else I looked at.  It wasn't the highest of quality, but for the price, it should meet my needs.  So I get it home and start to put it together.  All was going okay until I went to attach the fourth wheel.  No fourth wheel!  The picture on the box shows 4 wheels!  I looked in the box and all around, no fourth wheel.  Like the box that my Vera Plus came in, it showed ZigBee support, but it was missing too.  So, I go back to the store where I bought the cart.  And this is where the similarities of the Vera Plus and the cart had different outcomes.  The store owner knew it should have been shipped with 4 wheels, so realizing that this was a mistake, gave me another wheel.  No, the cart is not perfect, but it has 4 wheels and does what I expected it to do.  I cannot say that the same for my Plus.

Not trying to pick a fight here, but if you go here http://getvera.com/compatibility/ and click on the zigbee category you will clearly see the zigbee devices that are supported.   I think your analogy is completely wrong.  a more accurate analogy would be that you purchased that garden cart and it had all the parts, but you wanted it to work with something else in your garden at it didn't.  Now you are angry and saying the cart is crap, when in all reality that cart is just fine had you read the specifications.