We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Next Firmware release date?  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

Re: Next Firmware release date?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2016, 06:35:24 pm »
I moved from an Edge to  Plus. I wanted the bluetooth functionality and the Zigbee looked useful too.
I read the details and I knew that the bluetooth support would not be there from day one but at least I have the hardware ready.
From what I see, the Plus has everything it advertised. It has z-wave,  zigbee and bluetooth radio's.
The fact that suppliers of Zigbee and bluetooth devices have not made them compatable with Vera does not surprise me and I am happy to wait for MCV to have to do it for them (works two ways for me).  :)
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2016, 07:08:38 pm »
Not trying to pick a fight here, but if you go here http://getvera.com/compatibility/ and click on the zigbee category you will clearly see the zigbee devices that are supported.   I think your analogy is completely wrong.  a more accurate analogy would be that you purchased that garden cart and it had all the parts, but you wanted it to work with something else in your garden at it didn't.  Now you are angry and saying the cart is crap, when in all reality that cart is just fine had you read the specifications.   

I am not trying to pick a fight either, and I am not angry. What I do see however, is that you are saying that if your experience is good, and mine is not, I must be at fault.  My analogy to the cart is right on.  The package showed 4 wheels.  Why should I expect that the cart was not compatible with the 4th wheel?   But it was in their future plans and I should be okay with that?

There wasn't a Vera ZigBee compatibility list back in December when I made my purchase. 

I think the platform works really well and it is getting better every release.

There has only been the initial firmware release back in February when the Vera Plus was being delivered.  Nothing since.  I suspect you have an earlier product and we are not talking about the same hardware.

Anyway within the 30 days of delivery I checked on the return policy.  I found I needed all of the packing material and there may be a restocking fee.  Unlike my usual self I had already pitched the box it came in.  Just the same, I called and ask about returning the product.  I was told that I couldn't talk to anyone about that.  Really, no one in customer support handles returns over the phone?  Really? Really.  Several days later I got an email regarding an open support ticket.  I was told I could proceed to return the product if I wanted to.  By that time I had lost any faith in Vera as a company.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 07:17:48 pm »
The fact that suppliers of Zigbee and bluetooth devices have not made them compatable with Vera does not surprise me and I am happy to wait for MCV to have to do it for them (works two ways for me).  :)

It doesn't work that way, it is the other way around.  Vera has not made their device compatible with suppliers of ZigBee devices.  There is a standard, albeit not perfect and it is up to Vera to design to be compatible with them.  They have not done so.  Glad you are happy though.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 04:04:17 am »

It doesn't work that way, it is the other way around.  Vera has not made their device compatible with suppliers of ZigBee devices.  There is a standard, albeit not perfect and it is up to Vera to design to be compatible with them.  They have not done so.  Glad you are happy though.
I did know that. That was what we call sarcasm.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline sebby

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:11 am »

Didn't you get a response from someone from MVC on this already in this thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36354.60.html...

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 10:17:11 am »
I did know that. That was what we call sarcasm.

Sorry, I should have caught that.   ;D

Didn't you get a response from someone from MVC on this already in this thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36354.60.html...

I am not sure what your point is.  Is it Marc is making excuses for their poor ZigBee compatibility?  You would think from what Marc says, that ZigBee is some obscure technology, that is just getting going.  Look, if they were not up to the task of implementing ZigBee compatibility, they shouldn't advertise as though they were. 

Offline squatingyeti

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:03 am »
It's frustrating watching this company flip flop on firmware releases and then go silent. They release a new device with obvious problems and haven't addressed even some of them with an update. Instead, we're just waiting for sometime in the future. Not that I expect updates every month, but come on.

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:25 am »
It's frustrating watching this company flip flop on firmware releases and then go silent. They release a new device with obvious problems and haven't addressed even some of them with an update. Instead, we're just waiting for sometime in the future. Not that I expect updates every month, but come on.

Hi squatingyeti

I'm guessing that they don't  know what the release date of the next firmware upgrade will be. Don't know which is worse buggy frequent updates or a prolonged update with many fixes.

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2016, 09:02:49 am »
They (MCV) do know for what's worth it. It's been promised multiple times... let's hope it comes next 6 days.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37674.msg282031.html#msg282031
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline hellovn

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 09:03:39 am »
if they want to fix all the bugs, it will take 100 more years to release the next firmware. Users do not expect all the bugs to be fixed, they just expect what you promise is working should be working.

Offline Spanners

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 01:51:36 am »
As the expectant crowd gathers for the 'end of the month'.

Torches in one hand. Pitchforks in the other.