We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Trying Imperihome and it feels slow...  (Read 2676 times)

Offline norcalhkr

Trying Imperihome and it feels slow...
« on: April 01, 2016, 01:44:37 am »
So I am trying Imperihome and it feels slow on the local network. I am still using the free version and it feels like it doesn't refresh very quickly or on open or anything similar. Frequently I will go to add a new device to the dashboard and have to push the reload or even re-associate the vera or when I open the app it says sensors not found and can't display statuses. Just seeing if this is a function of the free app or settings before I jump in with both feet.

Offline Aaron

Re: Trying Imperihome and it feels slow...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 10:55:59 am »
Yes, it is slow. The app has a lot of compatibility but overall fit, finish and app functions are pretty average at best. I find myself using the free, and no longer updated, Authomation HD more than Imperihome since it simply works a lot better and has a better thought out user interface, and features that imperihome doesn't have... Like desktop widgets

Offline tomgru

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:42:45 pm »
Not slow for me at all.  I have 6 tablets in my house, as well as my phone... and when on WiFi all work quickly.  I'm not in front of one now... but here's two things I'd check that I'll be  help.

Turn on reloading of devices... and only do it manually when you know you made a change.  That way it won't constantly be polling Vera and reloading your devices.

If you are only going to use it locally... meaning WiFi, force WiFi mode only.  Also makes if faster.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 03:08:01 am »
I dont think it its imperihome. I been using it for years on multiple devices. Ui7 got slower then ui5 but so did the dashboard. I also run 3 houses or veras at once. I recently moved two houses to homeseer and imperihome is vastly faster. So i think the problem is the controller more then anything to me. I have tried it on some old tablets and had problems with page swiping and such due to crappy hardware. I never keep a phone for more then a year. If your on crappt hardware that could also be it.

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 04:28:19 pm »
Thanks for the input, I think it may be polling too many times. Definitely not on older technology but I am running on the iOS side of things which I am learning is not as friendly as many of the android platforms. Work provided so as longs as they pay for it, I will use it. I will try tweaking some of the settings and see what I get.

Offline norcalhkr

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »
Thanks for the input, I think it may be polling too many times. Definitely not on older technology but I am running on the iOS side of things which I am learning is not as friendly as many of the android platforms. Work provided so as longs as they pay for it, I will use it. I will try tweaking some of the settings and see what I get.
How do you like homeseer compared to the Vera platform? I am switching from Smartthings and almost went the homeseer route until I started looking at how much the software plus plugins really cost. Started creeping up really fast. Just interested to get your take since you are using both systems simultaneously.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:15:33 am »
So I am trying Imperihome and it feels slow on the local network. I am still using the free version and it feels like it doesn't refresh very quickly or on open or anything similar. Frequently I will go to add a new device to the dashboard and have to push the reload or even re-associate the vera or when I open the app it says sensors not found and can't display statuses. Just seeing if this is a function of the free app or settings before I jump in with both feet.
Be sure that you enter the local wifi SSID in your configuration. I realized yesterday that I had changed the SSID I connect to with my phone but not updated the configuration. Veeeery slooow...  ::)