We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Castle OS voice control for the Vera  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Tank

Castle OS voice control for the Vera
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:06:47 am »
I've been tinkering with Castle OS which uses the Kinect for voice control.  The latest beta allows me to run scripts in response to voice commands, so I'm able to call actions on the Vera pretty effectively.

They're in the process of creating an API so hopefully that will open the door for some actual integration with the Vera: https://www.castleos.com/forum/topic390-were-building-a-plugin-api--any-requests.aspx

Offline Wekurtz74

Re: Castle OS voice control for the Vera
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:35:21 am »
I think there is some sort of....dare I say...kickstart project on this.  It keeps being advertised to me.

edit:  this is It.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/506540480/castlehub-universal-smart-home-intelligence-by-cas?ref=discovery
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:51:35 am by Wekurtz74 »

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 09:40:14 am »
Perhaps my coffee hasn't kicked in just yet but it looks cool. Would love a dedicated voice control so I'll follow this and see where it goes.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline tomgru

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:07:04 pm »
Skepticism aside... this looks pretty cool.  Love that it runs on Windows (disclaimer, I work for Microsoft).

Joey, did it integrate with Vera for zwave?

Offline Tank

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 06:47:08 am »
So there is no official Vera integration.   But I'm using their scripting engine to run scenes on the Vera.  They do plan on implementing a pluging API so real integration may be possible at some point.   Castle OS isn't quite ready to replace the Vera yet,  but it looks very promising.

The kickstarter is just for their hub, they already sell the software, so nothing to be skeptical about.  I'm running 30 day trial right now while i decide how much i like it.

Right now i have just one kinect in my office,  I can say things like "what is the weather like today/tomorrow" or "turn on all my lights" (runs a scene on my Vera for now).  If you have speakers hooked up or a Sonos system it will talk back to you, but it's not required.  I want to get a  zstick and make CastleOS a secondary controller and then it will be able to see all of my sensors and locks etc.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:49:58 am by joey52685 »

Offline Homer

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 03:11:52 am »
Anyone know of any progress with this possible plugin?