Author Topic: Leviton 4 button scene controller - VeraPlus does not replace scenes - appends  (Read 1034 times)

Offline espressodaily

If I change the scene assigned to a button, it just adds the scene and does not replace the scene and subsequently executes both scenes. I have attached screenshot of "controls" tab which confirms what I noticed in behavior (was confusing at first).
I have verified this behavior on 3 of my 8 scene controllers, so I doubt it is the device.
Notice that button# 4 on has 2 events, even though the dropdown only allows me to select one.
Been going back with support on this for 10 days now and still no answer. Hoping someone has come across this here.

Offline chowimmark

Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem?  It appears that I'm running into the same issue.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Hey there,

As a solution I suggest to go to one of the scenes, which you don't want to be assigned to that button, and remove trigger/delete/pause scene.

Also if possible, please involve our customer care team as well, so they can investigate and report.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Alex Waverley

If I change the scene assigned to a button, it just adds the scene and does not replace the scene and subsequently executes both scenes. I have attached screenshot of "controls" tab which confirms what I noticed in behavior (was confusing at first).
I have verified this behavior on 3 of my 8 scene controllers, so I doubt it is the device.
Notice that button# 4 on has 2 events, even though the dropdown only allows me to select one.
Been going back with support on this for 10 days now and still no answer. Hoping someone has come across this here.

I have two Vera Controllers in my home and I have to say that, while I am very happy with them in general, they don't play well with Leviton in general and Leviton scene controllers in particular. I had 2 of the two-button units and 2 of the four-button units that  I scrapped out of frustration. I could get them working, then they would suddenly disappear or cease to function. Every firmware upgrade was like giving birth. I still have some Leviton switches that are functional, but I would recommend using Leviton and another controller or Vera and another switch. Some things just are not worth the frustration.
Please hold your applause until I have concluded my remarks.