We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE Concord Plugin  (Read 3081 times)

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
GE Concord Plugin
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:46 pm »
I know that Imperihome support DSC alarm panel's but I can't add my alarm panel for the GE Concord from Vera.  Has anyone been able to set this up in Imperihome.  Do i need to ask Imperihome to add the plugin to Imperihome as a software request?

Offline Inzax

Re: GE Concord Plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:49:24 am »
I did not have to do this.  My concord alarm panel is added to my vera edge via serial port.  The devices controlled by the concord panel show up in the vera interface without any problem.  Imperihome interface also shows the concord security devices without any problem.  I had to do nothing except add my vera controller to the Imperihome interface.

So...I don't THINK it is an issue with adding a plugin to imperihome.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:10:14 pm »
I have the same configuration in vera.  My GE concord is connected via serial to usb converted to my vera-edge.  Are you using Ui7.  When I try to add a security device or composite serial device the concord partition or panel does not appear.  Which widget did you use. 

i do see the motion sensors from the alarm panel, but not the partition to arm the alarm for stay, away or disarm.  Do you have a screenshot?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »
I see you are on this thread => http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12000.msg272905.html#msg272905  So I am guessing you have the right type of USB cord, etc..

I am using Ui7.

I can say I had a heck of a time getting my concord 4 to speak to vera.  That was due to several issues with the automation module.  The ADT one wont work and has a slightly different model number.  The first one I got online was wonky.  Same with the second.  The third one worked.  I think I was getting refurbished junk in the beginning.  I had strange behaviors on the second one.  I would see limited modules within vera.  Then they would reload/disappear.  My third Automation Module fixed all of that.

I also did not have to "add" any devices.  They just appear.  You don't add the concord 4 devices via Vera.  They show up upon successful integration with the automation module.

I can't recall how I got the partition but I do know I followed the directions to the letter in the concord thread above and it appeared as it should.  It it is not for you might have the wrong usb or the automation module is wonky.  Look at the model number of your automation module and see if it is an old ADT Pulse mod.  I included a shot of my partition.  Not sure it will help you much.   I included some other screen shots of the partition settings under the advanced tab.  New service and Commands are blank so they are not included.  I also included my serial port settings. 

Sorry, I lack the technical skills to help much.  I do know a support ticket will lead to eventual help from Vera support. 
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 05:33:34 pm »
Thanks for the information and the screen shot.  I want to make sure you understand correctly.  I have full functionality of vera controlling concord via the plug in using ui7.  What I cannot do is control or access the control panel to arm or disarm the alarm in imperihome. I wanted a widget that would allow me to stay away or disarm.  I am guessing the only way to do this is via a scene.  I thought there was a widget that imperihome had that would allow you to do this.

The reason I want the widget is that I'd like to remove the need to disarm the alarm via the idt keypad.  If I have imperihome as my HA control panel.  I wanted to have this functionality.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:00:19 pm »
Ok.

I am able to do this in Imperihome.  I have an arm and disarm button.  The disarm button asks for the security code.  Do you have the API HTTP server enabled in Imperihome?  I think it is needed.  It makes the app controllable with its API.

First I created the scene to "disarm" and "arm"  The I added the "device" or scene in Imperihome.  Once you get the scene added on the page select the option to be "done"  Clicking on the scene and holding brings up a configuration page that lets you change the icon. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I interpreted your original post wrong. 

Offline Inzax

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 09:58:01 am »
Started up imperihome in a virtual box (genymotion) on my PC.  I took some screenshots of the setup process I used that works for me.  I apologize for the links.  I did not want to swamp the thread with a bunch of screenshots.  I hope this helps.

Once you start Imperihome select the option to "add a dashboard page."  Select your layout.  See below:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2187&authkey=!AEqbL5ZWA4_N1EQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Then click on one of the open squares and the "add widget" screen will appear.  Select the "device" option.  See below:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2188&authkey=!AEvM1MxljFKjCeM&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

On the "device" tab you will see a host of devices from your vera system.  Select the Room or area where you created the scene to arm your system.  Mine is under "alarm panel" for instance.  Selecting "alarm panel" brings up all the "scenes" under that particular room within the vera system.  See below:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2190&authkey=!AMexkHT3qgyHNJY&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

I then select the option "remote arm stay"  This is just what I called the scene.  Your widget will be whatever you called your scene to arm your system.

With your "widget" selected the scene widget is displayed.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2191&authkey=!AEhMPcMiep3U-7c&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

I believe at this point you hit the "back arrow" within your device and you will see your scene displayed within the "add dashboard" screen you selected at the beginning.  Now you can tweak the look by pressing and holding the scene in the display.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2192&authkey=!AI47lRWZsQvS6Nw&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Pressing and holding brings up the configuration window:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2193&authkey=!AH_uCEfTfbduMpk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Selecting "configuration" brings up the following:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=981951385821059D!2194&authkey=!ADIscq38XajXVwc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Tweak what you want from this point. 

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 02:46:53 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to write this up and provide the screenshots.  The one question I had is that you said that it would prompt you for the pin when you disarm.  So in your scene how did you setup the scene to prompt for the pin.  Setting up Arm stay instant is pretty easy but how did you get the scene setup to wait for input.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
This is just how I did it.  There are probably many ways.

I set up my "remote disarm" scene as a manually triggered scene.  I then went in the "advanced editor" within the scene creation wizard and selected the option to "add action."  You then select the partition you wish to disarm.  The next window will pop up.  You then select "RequestArmMode.  The next window comes up and you type in the "state" as "Disarmed" and the PINCode as your code to disarm the system.  Select the option to "add" 

You should be done at this point.  Now add this scene to your imperihome interface. 

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 11:40:30 am »
So i am confused on what part.  You wrote..

"The next window comes up and you type in the "state" as "Disarmed" and the PINCode as your code to disarm the system.  Select the option to "add". 

Where you reference and your "PINCode" as your code to disarm are you saying that you hard code the pin code into the scene.  If this is correct then I agree with you that this can be done.  I was hoping that there was a way to have the scene actually prompt for the pin code in imperihome so that you didn't have to hard code the pin code into the scene.

The reason I want this is so that someone who was in the house who didn't know the code would have to know the code to disarm.  With hardcoded scene all someone needs to do is walk up to the imperihome control panel and click the disarm button and the alarm would be disabled.  For security reasons I don't want this to be available.   

Offline Inzax

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »
Imperihome asks for the code when you run the scene even though it is "hard coded" in to the scene.

Sorry.   You "protect action" after you created the widget.   Select the option to "code lock."   I made this code the same as my alarm panel.  You have a lot of options within the configuration.  This code lock is done after you create the page in Imperihome.  Press and hold the icon and you will bring up the configuration tab.