We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera lite bricked, Vera plus nightmare  (Read 1232 times)

Offline AristotleGucci

Vera lite bricked, Vera plus nightmare
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »
So my vera light bricked. I have the vera plus not to connect to my network of about 30 devices. Most of them remembers the old vera lite. It's a pain to make them see Veraplus. Wall switches, dimmers, I'm stuck. I've can't reset them, no matter what. Ive dowloaded the manuals for the Jasco and the GE Dimmers, I can't get the lights to blink no matter what I do. I pull the airgap switch, pull back in while holding the on/off button, wait for seconds, turn the thing on/off several times, nothing. I can't get the wall switches to enter blinking pairing mode. UGH

Is there a trick to the whole thing?  and how do I connect the Vera plus to my wifi?

Thanks,

Sandro.

Offline ember1205

Re: Vera lite bricked, Vera plus nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:09 am »
Follow the device pair / unpair process (yes, both) until it works. "Unpair" the device, then put it in pairing mode and try to pair with the controller. Have the controller as close to the switch as you can get it.

This is a frustration I've dealt with on GE/Jasco devices even when they're new.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:53 pm »
Hi Sandro,

As ember said, you have to make sure devices are excluded/un-paired first, prior to including. It would be great that Vera is positioned somewhere as central as possible in your home, rather than a basement. Then try to include devices as much as possible with the unit in the same position, rather than moving Vera around.
Add devices in a radial way, starting with the closer ones and ending with the further ones. Make sure you confirm every step with status bar dashboard of your Vera so you keep track if devices have been indeed detected and excluded, before trying to include.

And of course, if nothing else works, you may want to engage with our support team as well.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline ember1205

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:40 pm »
Hi Sandro,

As ember said, you have to make sure devices are excluded/un-paired first, prior to including. It would be great that Vera is positioned somewhere as central as possible in your home, rather than a basement. Then try to include devices as much as possible with the unit in the same position, rather than moving Vera around.
Add devices in a radial way, starting with the closer ones and ending with the further ones. Make sure you confirm every step with status bar dashboard of your Vera so you keep track if devices have been indeed detected and excluded, before trying to include.

And of course, if nothing else works, you may want to engage with our support team as well.

This seems to be contradictory to the published documentation from Vera... Can you elaborate?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:14:48 pm »
It contradicts with the UI5 routing specs, which were being handled by a Vera proprietary routing algorithm.  With UI7 and VP's new Z-wave chipset, for best route mapping I would recommend to NOT move Vera, unless is necessary. Network Wide Inclusion(NWI) should help with this process.

If there is a documentation resource online with this information, as valid for UI7 and new units, please point to me, so I can correct.

Thank you. 
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline ember1205

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 03:20:48 pm »
This took me three seconds to find:

http://faq.mios.com/content/1/29/en/how-to-put-_unit_name_-lite-in-include_exclude-mode.html

I would venture that "all" documentation that discusses using the buttons on the device need an update to point people to a different process for UI7.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
Thank you very much,

Indeed MiOS faq page refers to the old units and implicitly the the old firmware.

I agree with you that documentation needs to be revamped and I can assure you that we have a team on it.

All UI7 related documentation will be nested under http://support.getvera.com/