We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HEEELLLPPPP!  (Read 1127 times)

Offline 1khenegar

HEEELLLPPPP!
« on: May 07, 2016, 11:17:33 pm »
 ??? I downloaded the smartswitch app and changed the wrong parameter. No after I connect to my edge I get an plugin fail alert and I cant select any of the menus which means I cant correct the mistake or uninstall the app. Stupid mistake I know but i'm stuck!!! Any suggestions?

ETA: Tried rebooting with no luck. Is there any way to fix this without wiping the controller? Will Vera be able to uninstall the app or change the code? I am pretty sure I changed the primary device id instead of the secondary device id. :'(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:43:51 pm by 1khenegar »

Offline niharmehta

Re: HEEELLLPPPP!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 12:45:10 am »
I assume you refreshed the browser before clicking any of the windows?  Strange that it completely broke your UI.  Can you navigate to restore from backup ?

You can probably just delete the  SmartSwitch device files in /etc/cmh-ludl and do a process restart.  More than likely support will be able to fix it as well remotely .

Here are the files that were probably installed.
https://apps.mios.com/test-plugin.php?id=2528&show=files
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline 1khenegar

Re: HEEELLLPPPP!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:09:12 am »
I can't go anywhere after connecting to the controller. I was afraid I would miss something trying to delete the app and make the problem worse so I just left it for now. All of the scenes seem to be working properly which surprised me.

Offline 1khenegar

Re: HEEELLLPPPP! SOLVED! Somehow?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 12:08:40 pm »
Not sure what happened but everything seems to be working today. I did not get a response from Vera so I am not sure if they fixed it or if the app was not causing the hang-up in the first place. I deleted it just to be safe and will reinstall later. Now if I can just get this 4 in 1 sensor sensitivity problem fixed I will be good to go.