We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Datmine or Datamine2  (Read 1805 times)

Offline konradwalsh

Datmine or Datamine2
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:40 am »
I see datamine listed as known working plugin
however, it isn't for me..
I installed a copy of the Datamine2 plugin though my vera. Then copied over all the Datamine2 files to Openluup and created the device.

However click on the open button of the device i get a new webpage with no handler.. it attempts to open /dm/

Do what needs to be done to fix this up? What did you do to get it working?

Offline explorer

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Datmine or Datamine2
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:02:17 am »
I use the original DataMine, not 2... Simply copied its /dm folder and its content from vera's /www folder to the cmh-ludl of the openLuup, so I have this:
Code: [Select]
/etc/cmh-ludl/dm
No other changes, and I can access it with this URL:

http://open_luup_ip:3480/dm/index.html

Probably version 2 works the same way...

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:06:13 am »
great

I just borked my openluup install for good of Akbooer..
So I will try this method when I restore it later.. thanks for helping out

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 02:21:16 pm »
Did you have a fully set up Datamine install before copying the dm folder?

I copied it over and it loads now.. thanks

BUT...

I get this
GUI Version: ---

LUA Version: ---

Unable to download version data from Vera

Offline explorer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 09:23:23 pm »
Yes, the DataMine plugin should be added as a device in openLuup. That device is required for the /dm javascript to work, and it needs to be configured. The config is simple - point it to "/dataMine/" directory (see attached screenshot).

DataMine plugin code also reads files from /www/dm folder. On my system, I simply added a symbolic link so that /www is really the /etc/cmh-ludl:

ln -s /data/etc/cmh-ludl /www
If you still get "---" in the webpage, use F12 to open debug window in the browser (chrome, firefox, etc) then select Network and see which requests fail there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:42:51 pm by explorer »

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:45:48 am »
Yes, the DataMine plugin should be added as a device in openLuup. That device is required for the /dm javascript to work, and it needs to be configured. The config is simple - point it to "/dataMine/" directory (see attached screenshot).

DataMine plugin code also reads files from /www/dm folder. On my system, I simply added a symbolic link so that /www is really the /etc/cmh-ludl:

ln -s /data/etc/cmh-ludl /www
If you still get "---" in the webpage, use F12 to open debug window in the browser (chrome, firefox, etc) then select Network and see which requests fail there.

Thanks very much for this!

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 02:59:08 pm »
You may well be a dataMine fan (as I was), but just a reminder that DataYours is fully integrated with the openLuup/AltUI environment as a Data Storage Provider.  It's all but trivial to set up and makes full use of AltUI's interface for both defining the variables to monitor, and plotting them. 

A default set of rules uses a time period suffix (.d, .w, .m, .y) to the metric, and to define the storage duration and sample rate.  No need of the DataYours, rather clunky, dashboard interface at all.

Give it a go, and see if it works for you.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »
You may well be a dataMine fan (as I was), but just a reminder that DataYours is fully integrated with the openLuup/AltUI environment as a Data Storage Provider.  It's all but trivial to set up and makes full use of AltUI's interface for both defining the variables to monitor, and plotting them. 

A default set of rules uses a time period suffix (.d, .w, .m, .y) to the metric, and to define the storage duration and sample rate.  No need of the DataYours, rather clunky, dashboard interface at all.

Give it a go, and see if it works for you.

Thanks.. Yes i am not partial to any particular one.. Just hunting the one i was familiar with..

Ill hunt down an isntall guide for Datayours
thanks again

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 03:36:23 pm »
I have it install on my openLUUp on RPI3
is there anything special I need to know to get up and running

nevermind.. that was the easiest configuration ever!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:40:32 pm by konradwalsh »