We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Lite UI5 to UI7 - some devices now say Can't Detect Device.  (Read 2048 times)

Offline waznitch

Hi all,

I upgraded my VeraLite UI5 to UI7 1.7.760. The upgrade went smooth. But after it upgraded a short time later I noticed lots of devices saying "Can't Detect Device." The devices worked say an hour before, but not now.

I did unpair one, and re pair it. Then not long after it said the same message again: Can't Detect Device.

The devices are random, battery operated, and inline power dimmer and hi powered controllers etc. Not specific.

All devices are in range and no issue as most devices are within 1-10 meters away. Some are 20 meters away but work..

I upgraded to allow new hardware to work with the VeraLite.

I can allow remote access to tech's if required, but prefer a answer I can apply, as I see this is common with UI7 now :(

Thanks,
Warren.

Offline waznitch

Re: Vera Lite UI5 to UI7 - some devices now say Can't Detect Device.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:19:33 pm »
Just to update you. I reset my zwave chip via web interface and the connection issue with the devices was fixed - so far.

Odd.... I'll reply soon to updated on the status. give it 24 hours to tell after a put in place a scene to test devices on repeated operations and reboot of luup/os.

Offline waznitch

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:49:28 pm »
Sorry the issue still exists. I have the Can't Detect Device issue on a few devices now.

What's the fix for this, as a few devices are heaters and don't respond to a scene off.

Thanks,
Warren.

Offline waznitch

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 09:41:23 pm »
I have removed all non essential plugins and non used scenes now.

top shows idle 89% mostly.

root@MiOS_xxxxxxxxxxx:/overlay# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 4.5M      4.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    30.5M      1.2M     29.3M   4% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock7           11.0M      8.4M      2.6M  76% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       11.0M      8.4M      2.6M  76% /
/dev/mtdblock8            5.5M      5.5M         0 100% /mios

Offline Sig

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:56:45 pm »
I continue to have this problem with a few of my devices - a couple of battery-powered sensors as well as a Aeotec Smart PowerStrip, which obviously is AC powered.  I logged a case with MCV Support and the response I got back was "...known issue, will be resolved in next release."  Nothing more informative than that. 

For what it's worth, even though these devices show this error, they are still fully functional and controllable, and my sensors still report trips.  So while it's annoying, it doesn't seem to be impacting the usability of those devices.

Offline waznitch

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 09:53:45 pm »
Hi Sig,

Your issue does sound different in a way. When my devices get the can't connect to device, the actual device does not respond to vera off/on commands etc.

My son's heater stays on all day sometimes if unchecked hehe.

I did log a fault with support and got a reply to get access to my box. I will allow them next time A device goes in error. I keep reseting the z-wave chip to reset the error. Seems to work...  The support team is aware of an issue in my area, but for battery operated devices only. Will see what happens when a powered device fails and let them see.

I'll update this often when I have news too.

Thanks Sig.