We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Unable to Link Hue Controller to Vera  (Read 2258 times)

Offline mthumphrey

Unable to Link Hue Controller to Vera
« on: June 04, 2016, 12:54:52 am »
I have a VeraLite, Firmware 1.7.7.60, and a 1st Generation Hue Hub.  I recently had to factory reset the hub, and now I am unable to re-Link the Hue Controller to the Hue Plugin.

I have uninstalled the plugin, and reinstalled it.

I press the button on the Hue Controller, and click the "Establish Link" button for the Hue Controller device in Vera.  I then receive the error:
"An unknown error occurred when linking: parameter, username, not available"

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
-Matt

Offline dayfly

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Unable to Link Hue Controller to Vera
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:53:52 am »
I had that error with the old Hue app, did you try with the hue app 2 ?

Offline mthumphrey

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »
Yes, I have the Hue 2 App now.  The problem with that one is that it says it does not support my Firmware version (Supports 1.11 or less, says I have 1.13).  So it works, but it's super flakey.  The device disappears, then re-appears, and of course nothing works when it can't detect the Hue Device.

Is this app (Hue 2) going to be updated to support the newer versions?  I have 1.24.

Offline mbrihed

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:42:38 am »
Welcome to the club!

I have the same issue and been waiting for two months for Vera to update their plugin.

I ditched Vera for Indigo and it is the best decision I made. The Hue plugin got updated in a day and it the support is so much faster and better.

It will be interesting to see when Vera will support the new Hue firmware. But for now my Vera is a perfect door stop.

Offline dayfly

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:01:19 am »
Mail support they will help you, i had a problem with not finding lights on the hue 2.0 bridge with the last firmwares, they fixed it remotely

very happy with vera at the moment, everything works better then other controllers i had
sure has some minor bugs but long not so many as others, if anyone knows a better controller in the same price range please let me know cuss i havent found it, not that i will switch, but always open for other devices

Offline mthumphrey

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »
I will send support an email and see what comes of that.

I too have started shopping around for a different HA hub.  I've got a bunch of z-wave stuff so it's got to be that.  I'm finding I don't really need the ability to code every aspect of my hub and devices, which I think is one of the things people like about Vera.  It's very customizable and programmable.  But I don't think I'm a power user like a lot of Vera owners are.  I've had my VeraLite almost 2 years.  Maybe some of the other brands have caught up?

Well, if they can get my Hue lights working (consistently) again, that will be good enough for now.