Author Topic: Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Topcat59

Re: Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
So here goes.
i bought two of these - the first one would never accept the security keys - so back in the box and try it later...

the second one pairs, i see all the features - except motion - it lists it, but vera says "cant detect device" but the other three features are fine...

what am i doing wrong? 

Thanks
Tom

Offline kalel3000

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 09:45:22 pm »
I have the exact same problem! The motion doesn't show up on mine. It shows up as an on/off switch for the other 3 sensors, but nowhere is there a motion device that can trigger a scene or an alarm. I've unpaired and delete and repaired several times. I don't know what is wrong!

Offline kalel3000

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »
Okay, so I think I found the solution. If it doesn't just appear normally, you have to manually go in and change the device characteristics. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, but this is where I found the answer. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000077078-multisensor-6-motion-sensor-shows-as-on-off-device-in-vera-ui7-

Offline Aaron

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 03:03:44 pm »
Okay, so I think I found the solution. If it doesn't just appear normally, you have to manually go in and change the device characteristics. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, but this is where I found the answer. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000077078-multisensor-6-motion-sensor-shows-as-on-off-device-in-vera-ui7-

I just added three of these sensors. Is everything working as designed when you made the mods in the link?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:21:48 pm by Aaron »

Offline erkme73

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 09:48:06 am »
How is everyone adding this device?  I'm using Generic zwave device, and after three attempts, I'm still not making any progress.  Im getting it paired, but it's showing up as a Generic_IO and a single on/off set of buttons.  After a few minutes, I get a "waiting for device to wake to configure" followed by Error cannot connect.  Very frustrating.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 11:04:34 am »
How is everyone adding this device?  I'm using Generic zwave device, and after three attempts, I'm still not making any progress.  Im getting it paired, but it's showing up as a Generic_IO and a single on/off set of buttons.  After a few minutes, I get a "waiting for device to wake to configure" followed by Error cannot connect.  Very frustrating.
If you have issues getting the devices to show... Pull the battery, put back in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline erkme73

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »
I just got the fix from Agnes over at The Smartest House.  Works like a champ:

1. In the Vera online (browser) interface, select the sensor, then click on Advanced.

2. Go to the Params tab and make the following changes:

- device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1

- device_file: D_MotionSensor1.xml

- device_json: D_MotionSensor1.json

Then activate the sensor by clicking the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly (just like during inclusion). Please leave the device by your Vera for a few hours so it can fully configure.

Whenever you see a configuration error on the interface, you need to wake a device up manually by clicking on the Z-Wave sensor once with a paperclip. The sensor only wakes up for 20 seconds after inclusion and some controllers are not able to exchange all the data during that initial period of time. To conserve batteries, the sensor only wakes up every 12 hours which is fine during normal operation but is an issue if initial configuration is not completed at set-up. All it take to fix this is waking the sensor up by clicking on the Z-Wave button (the LED will flash once).

I actually had to wake the device a second time.   The first time the configuration process started and Vera rebooted.  By the time Vera came back up, and tried to finish the configuration, the device had gone back to sleep.  So I pressed the zwave button again three more times, and Vera finished the configuration.  Now no more errors, and all sensors are showing.  Very impressed.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:55:13 pm by erkme73 »

Offline GLD

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 11:26:25 am »
Another post (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,39943.msg297221.html#msg297221) indicated that this sensor was the same as the Vision ZP3111.  I was having trouble so I tried pairing it as that device, and that did not make the problems go away.  Also, that plugin seems to be generally buggy.  Now when I pair the device as a "Generic Z-Wave Device" (after unpairing) it still gets assigned to the Vision ZP3111.  How can I stop that from happening?

Offline kalel3000

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 05:04:49 am »
Another post (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,39943.msg297221.html#msg297221) indicated that this sensor was the same as the Vision ZP3111.  I was having trouble so I tried pairing it as that device, and that did not make the problems go away.  Also, that plugin seems to be generally buggy.  Now when I pair the device as a "Generic Z-Wave Device" (after unpairing) it still gets assigned to the Vision ZP3111.  How can I stop that from happening?
Just follow this link:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000077078-multisensor-6-motion-sensor-shows-as-on-off-device-in-vera-ui7-

After I made the changes to mine, everything works normal now.

Offline GLD

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 08:46:25 am »
Just follow this link:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000077078-multisensor-6-motion-sensor-shows-as-on-off-device-in-vera-ui7-

After I made the changes to mine, everything works normal now.

I was missing the info in steps 4 and 5.  Thanks!

Offline kalel3000

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 03:32:55 am »
I was missing the info in steps 4 and 5.  Thanks!

Yea, that's where I was getting stuck too. I didn't even know we could reload the engine like that.

Offline swine

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 02:14:20 pm »
ok so I did all the steps listed on this post and now I see the motion sensor with an arm/disarm toggle however how do i know if it is detecting motion, there is no indication anywhere that shows me.

EDIT: it isn't detecting motion...any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:39:06 pm by swine »

Offline GLD

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 02:58:59 pm »
ok so I did all the steps listed on this post and now I see the motion sensor with an arm/disarm toggle however how do i know if it is detecting motion, there is no indication anywhere that shows me.

EDIT: it isn't detecting motion...any ideas?

The device (and I suppose other battery powered motion sensors also) sends a "motion detected" signal only once every 3 minutes or so.  This time interval is one of the configuration settings.  I found that made it difficult to test.

What I did is create a scene that is triggered by the motion device with an immediate action of turning on a light and a 2 minute delayed action to turn the light back off.  I just left that running for several days so I could see the motion detection happening.

Offline swine

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 06:56:16 pm »
Tried that still doesnt do anytning, its weird because I have a battery operated door sensor and when I open the door I see the icon looks like it is sending a signal so I know it is working.  The motion sensor doesnt do the same thing.  Its weird that this 4 in 1 isnt registering properly with the vera considering it is listed as compatible.  I have the edge with the newest firmware.

Offline rge

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 11:03:31 am »
I can't help with the issue other than to assure you it does work with the Vision device settings - I have the "Cyrus" branded one, also the same, and get four devices in Vera.

I have it set up a similar way to GLD except I use the device itself as the timer for two scenes, one ON and one OFF.

The device sends a "motion detected" event and then sends a "stopped detecting motion" X minutes after the last detection (not after the first message), where X is your configured timeout.  This is exactly what is needed for a light switch.

Seems reliable to me (although tbh it's only a couple of weeks) once I'd turned off polling (doesn't work for battery devices), and adjusted the sensitivity to "1" (anything less seems to require waving your arms in front of the sensor!). The only thing that surprised me was changing params chews the battery life - in normal use it is OK so far.