Author Topic: Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor  (Read 14222 times)

Offline rge

Re: Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2018, 02:33:32 pm »
Thanks for the info - I'm not sure about your last statement, are you saying the device has a buggy key exchange implementation or Vera does?

Sounds like Home Assistant is better than Vera, at least on this device, what is your overall experience?  Why keep the Vera as well?

Offline rafale77

Re: Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2018, 04:27:15 pm »
Thanks for the info - I'm not sure about your last statement, are you saying the device has a buggy key exchange implementation or Vera does?

Sounds like Home Assistant is better than Vera, at least on this device, what is your overall experience?  Why keep the Vera as well?

It is very clearly a vera issue and it isn't the only device which has been finicky with the vera. I still have all of my automation on openLuup and use the vera only as a device bridge. The Verabridge and familiarity with openLuup is the main reason I am keeping it for now although adding homeassistant is a first move towards migration. The positive is that I learned probably more about zwave network and openwrt than I would ever have had it not have any problems...

About Homeassistant, I am still learning about it. It definitely takes a lot more work to setup and the device support is still under development. I had to rebuild the openzwave portion and move it to 1.5 in order to make it support my locks and garage doors. It tries to cover so much that it is actually very slow evolving for any single topic. I found it better suited to be an API bridge for now.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (134 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!