Author Topic: Linking Foscam C1 to Vera UI  (Read 7029 times)

Offline gniknalu

Re: Linking Foscam C1 to Vera UI
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »
Further update - there seems to have been some updates to UI7 that means you no longer have to manually create the device unless you really want to. The process now is:
  • add device
  • security cameras
  • ip camera (other IP camera)
  • next/next/next/manually install
  • select your camera from the list - if it?s not there, then add manually
manual config:

Further UI7 updates do not allow you to create a camera that didn't show video when you click "Test" . . . .

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 06:01:22 pm »
Quite probably, but it does work for the Foscam C1 now so is way simpler. If you have a different camera, then it may not support the default access config so you'll need to do it manually. :-)
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 10:44:13 pm »
Quite probably, but it does work for the Foscam C1 now so is way simpler. If you have a different camera, then it may not support the default access config so you'll need to do it manually. :-)

I remember with my previous Vera unit, I could create a camera even when I didn't get video and then LATER edit it to make the camera work. This new version of the UI - if you don't have a video, you can't create a device