Author Topic: Skylight blinds (Velux) can be controlled via Z-wave?  (Read 4351 times)

Offline trygve

Re: Skylight blinds (Velux) can be controlled via Z-wave?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 09:38:16 am »
Yes you can. Your probably looking at the Velux KLF 200. I've just done so. I'll try to do a write up of my setup this weekend.
Vera Edge. Qubino flush dimmers-, 10V dimmers-, flush relays-, flush shutters-, Sunricher touch panel-, RGBW touch panel, Secure thermostats & relays, HeatIt thermostats, Fibaro RGBW dimmers, Aeotec multisensors-, Switches, Z-Wave.Me Wall Controllers, SwiidInter Cord Switch, Velux Integra, Sonos

Offline jamac

Re: Skylight blinds (Velux) can be controlled via Z-wave?
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 07:12:59 pm »
Wow. The KLF200 looks great. Much better than hacking a KLF100. @trygve, it would be great to get a write up! :)

A few questions:
  • It looks like the KLF200 can (i) wirelessly identify and control a number of Velux devices (at least 5, maybe more) and (ii) store macros relating to those devices. I've read on-line that a separate macro is needed for each desired device state, eg window@100% (ie, fully open), window@50%, window@0% (ie fully closed). However, you seem to using a shutter module connected to the KLF200's dry inputs to control the Velux devices without these macros. Is that correct? And, the device appears as a 'window covering' in the Vera UI?
  • How many Velux devices are you controlling? How many shutter modules did it require to do this?
  • Did you create any macros at all? How did you create them? I read that you need to 'record' them using a separate remote control.
  • I see that the KLF200 has a LAN port as well as 10 dry contact inputs. Do you know if IP control is possible? (This would require a plugin to be written of course.) Or does control have to come via a shutter or relay module attached to the dry contacts?

Here are a few links to reference documents and technical discussions (mostly over my head but might help others following this thread!):