We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ALTUI : Alternate App Store  (Read 20714 times)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: ALTUI : Alternate App Store
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 09:56:36 am »
You have the AltAppStore plugin installed, then?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 10:18:22 am »
You have the AltAppStore plugin installed, then?

Uhm...  :-[ I don't know

Update: See what I see attached.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:26 am »
AltUI will display that page anyway, but you need the AltAppStore plugin installed for it to download anything.

I take it you're running on Vera, so follow the latest install instructions on the first post of this thread.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 10:43:07 am »
AltUI will display that page anyway, but you need the AltAppStore plugin installed for it to download anything.

I take it you're running on Vera, so follow the latest install instructions on the first post of this thread.

Yes, that did something...

Now when I pressed the install button for the domoticz app it turn green, but also an error comes up (attached). What should have happend?

I feel this is not as steady as it should be? correct? better to wait?

Yes running on Vera.

Regards.

Update: I installed the domoticz app an now got in vera:
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA)[795] : Startup Lua Failed
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA) 1[796] : Startup Lua Failed

But I assume this has nothing to do with the altappstore but with the domotics app?

Update2:
I also do not see in the altappstore the app is installed... but it is in vera.

Update3: oh gosh what did I start  :-[
How can I remove that domoticz app?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:49:55 am by Sender »
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 10:49:37 am »
Now when I pressed the install button for the domoticz app it turn green, but also an error comes up (attached). What should have happend?

Exactly this.  It's not an error, but a confirmation that the download instruction has been sent and the job started on Vera.

I feel this is not as steady as it should be? correct? better to wait?

No, I believe it's very stable.  We've barely changed anything since the day it went up, and it seems increasingly used (although maybe more on openLuup than on Vera.)

But I assume this has nothing to do with the altappstore but with the domotics app?

Yes.  I guess that it needs configuring or something?  Does that plugin actually run on Vera?  Not sure.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:51:09 am by akbooer »

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 10:52:42 am »

Yes.  I guess that it needs configuring or something?  Does that plugin actually run on Vera?  Not sure.

Feature request: button to remove/uninstall apps... Icon if running on Vera/openluup/or not?

Offline logread

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:57 pm »
I am the author of the Domoticz Bridge app... It is NOT meant to run on a real Vera... Only on an openLuup system (exactly like the Vera Bridge App from which it is forked...)... And it is - as stipulated on the App Store - an Alpha version, not fully tested and certainly only to be used in a very specific context.
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.

Offline ChopOMatic

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 09:12:05 pm »
I have the latest Vera Plus available. Firmware is latest and greatest.

I want to control a Yamaha RX-A3060BL receiver. Tried the "stock" plugin and it installs fine but no control of the receiver works.

Installed ALTUI and am trying to install the alternate Yamaha Network Control Plugin using HTTP plugin via the alternate appstore. Every download I try that has to be done via the ALT icon generates an instant FAILURE icon.

Any thoughts on why I can't download any of these ALT plugins? Or alternatively, instrux anywhere on manually installing plugins?

A final BTW:  All attempts to use the MiOS Marketplace fail with a message of You don't have any unit to connect with. I've checked all the troubleshooting steps I can find on this issue. The Vera Plus is online and easy to reach on my network. The native Vera interface loads and works fine. The ALTUI interface loads and works fine. I've power-cycled the unit. No change.

Big thanks for any thoughts!

Chop

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 12:01:37 pm »
I have the latest Vera Plus available. Firmware is latest and greatest.

I want to control a Yamaha RX-A3060BL receiver. Tried the "stock" plugin and it installs fine but no control of the receiver works.

Installed ALTUI and am trying to install the alternate Yamaha Network Control Plugin using HTTP plugin via the alternate appstore. Every download I try that has to be done via the ALT icon generates an instant FAILURE icon.

Any thoughts on why I can't download any of these ALT plugins? Or alternatively, instrux anywhere on manually installing plugins?

A final BTW:  All attempts to use the MiOS Marketplace fail with a message of You don't have any unit to connect with. I've checked all the troubleshooting steps I can find on this issue. The Vera Plus is online and easy to reach on my network. The native Vera interface loads and works fine. The ALTUI interface loads and works fine. I've power-cycled the unit. No change.

Big thanks for any thoughts!

Chop

if you use VERA, the MiOS Marketplace should work. you probably need to address this issue to VERA support, maybe you miss some unit registration steps, not sure but vera support should be able to help here

for the install via the alternate app store, the first thing to do & check is if the "Alternate App Store" plugin has been installed before. this is a prerequisites to installing anything via the alternate app store. it is available here https://github.com/akbooer/AltAppStore but you may want to contact akbooer for actual install instructions on VERA as I am not sure this is available on the app store. you may have to upload the files using App/Develop App file upload facility of UI7 then manually create a device specifying the D_xxx.xml file and I_xxx.xml file

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
@ChopOMatic

I created the Yamaha plugin and would like to see that it downloads OK through the AppStore. See also this link:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=38102.0

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2017, 12:08:59 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to update one of my published apps, but it stops with "Contacting Server...". I tried with Edge, Firefox and Chrome. In the console I see the following error:
J_ALTUI_utils.js:1865 Uncaught ReferenceError: options is not defined
    at Object.<anonymous> (J_ALTUI_utils.js:1865,40)

This is ALTUI version v1.91.2099.

Update: Just installed ALTUI v1.93.2151 and now it is working.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:33:40 pm by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 02:50:09 am »
There is currently a problem with AltAppStore being unable to download code from GitHub.

As pointed out in this thread New Install Debian No Handler (thanks @d55m14) GitHub has  now switched off access from clients using deprecated weak cryptographic standards.  Unfortunately, this hits many systems using OpenSSL and the TLSv1.1 protocol.  See https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/

This may be a small issue for AltAppStore on Vera, but it is a major one for openLuup since ALL it's upgrades (including AltUI and openLuup itself) use GitHub access for updates.

I'm working on a solution, which may require updates to both OpenSSL and  LuaSocket/LuaSec libraries, plus a small change to AltAppStore itself.  But if anyone has further insight into this, I'd be pleased to hear from them.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 07:04:22 am »
There is currently a problem with AltAppStore being unable to download code from GitHub.

Problem identified, and fix being tested.

This will require a one-time manual file install to fix the problem...
...also, perhaps, an update to your openssl installation (should just be a one-liner.)

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 09:17:04 am »
Vera UI7 Fix only for AltAppStore / GitHub SSL error

AltAppStore has now been updated to fix this problem.

For UI7, the fix is:

• Remove the existing plugin device.
  • Delete all AltAppStore files: rm /etc/cmh-ludl/*AltAppStore*
  • Run the code below (the altappstore_install.lua file) in the Lua Test window
  • Reload

Here's the code:
Code: [Select]
-- first-time download and install ofAltAppStore files from GitHub
-- this code should be run on a Vera in the Lua Test Code window
-- 2016.11.16 @akbooer
-- 2018.02.24 upgrade SSL encryption to tls v1.2 after GitHub deprecation of v1 protocol

local x = os.execute
local p = print

p "AltAppStore_install   2018.02.24   @akbooer"

local https = require "ssl.https"
local ltn12 = require "ltn12"

p "getting latest AltAppStore version tar file from GitHub..."

local _, code = https.request{
  url = "https://codeload.github.com/akbooer/AltAppStore/tar.gz/master",
  sink = ltn12.sink.file(io.open("/tmp/altappstore.tar.gz", "wb")),
  protocol = "tlsv1_2",
}

assert (code == 200, "GitHub download failed with code " .. code)

p "un-zipping download files..."

x "tar -xz -f /tmp/altappstore.tar.gz -C /etc/cmh-ludl/"
x "mv /etc/cmh-ludl/AltAppStore-master/*_* /etc/cmh-ludl/"

p "creating AltAppStore plugin device"

local s,c = luup.inet.wget (table.concat {
    "http://127.0.0.1:3480/data_request?id=action",
    "&output_format=json",
    "&DeviceNum=0",
    "&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1",
    "&action=CreateDevice",
    "&Description=AltAppStore",
    "&UpnpDevFilename=D_AltAppStore.xml",
    "&UpnpImplFilename=I_AltAppStore.xml",
    "&RoomNum=0",
    "&Reload=1",
  })

p ("status = " .. (s or '?'))
p ("response = " .. (c or '?'))
p "done!"

-----

And here's the response that you should get (if you ran this under AltUI, otherwise you won't see the print output.)
AltAppStore_install   2018.02.24   @akbooer
getting latest AltAppStore version tar file from GitHub...
un-zipping download files...
creating AltAppStore plugin device
status = 0
response = { "u:CreateDeviceResponse": { "DeviceNum": "145" } }
done!

I've tested this on a Vera Edge and used AltAppStore to install a new plugin successfully.

Unfortunately, UI5 does not have a recent enough default openssl library (I think, or possibly LuaSocket / LuaSec) to allow the required tls v1.2 protocol to work.  There may be a fix, but I haven't found it yet.

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 10:26:38 am »
openLuup Fix only for AltAppStore / GitHub SSL error

AltAppStore has now been updated to fix this problem.

For openLuup (on a RPi), the fix requires both an update to openssl and openLuup itself.

1) Log in to RPi and update openssl (if necessary):

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1k 8 Jan 2015

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install openssl
Reading package lists... Done
[...]
Setting up openssl (1.0.1t-1+deb8u7) ...

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1t  3 May 2016 (Library: OpenSSL 1.0.1k 8 Jan 2015)

2) update openLuup's AltAppStore:

Replace the openLuup/L_AltAppStore.lua file with the attached file. 
Then reload openLuup from the AltUI menu.

I'm still struggling with doing the same for BeagleBone Black and Mac, but the RPi approach above should cover the majority of cases.  Windows 10 seems OK.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:08:12 am by akbooer »