Author Topic: Failed to save system configuration  (Read 16324 times)

Offline JoopTwente

Re: Failed to save system configuration
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 12:15:04 pm »
Same problem here. I can't change a scene.
I'm running the lastest firmware (Vera 3).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:49:20 am by JoopTwente »

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 10:33:25 am »
I'm having the same exact issues with the latest firmware. However mine appears to present the error ONLY when I add LUA code to the trigger.

Same here, when I save a scene it corrupts the LUA-code with different characters and I get "Failed to save system configuration. When I delete the characters and replace it with new LUA-code it works  :(
Vera Plus and Vera Edge with (Hue, Fibaro, Qubino, IKEA, Nexa, Sonos, Telldus, Sensative, Imperihome etc.) and Arduino, ESP8266

Offline rafale77

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 11:57:03 am »
Did not see this thread sooner but came to the same conclusion as reported here. Trigger Lua code is a no go.

Anyone knows if the beta firmware had the problem? I am thinking of downgrading.

Answering my own question: same problem with the beta firmware.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:51:33 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline RedWagon

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 11:57:16 pm »
I'm having the issue intermittently.  Sometimes an edit works, sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out a pattern why.  This problem has been frustrating enough that it has gotten me experimenting with other controllers.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 11:23:36 am »
I believe once you resave the LUA in every scene you have, the problem goes away.  Just open your scenes in order one at a time, put a space or something in scenes that have LUA, and save the LUA, then save the scene.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »
No I doesn't: I contacted support and they told me they are aware of the problem

Any Lua code in the trigger section will cause the "failed to save system configuration"
You cannot resave any of these scenes

Any scene which has special characters in the lua code (in the scene, not the trigger) will automatically disable the save lua button.
I tried deleting the special character and retype it and this enables the "save lua" button again and should let us save the scene but that is if there is no code in the trigger section.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 05:13:44 pm »
I believe once you resave the LUA in every scene you have, the problem goes away.  Just open your scenes in order one at a time, put a space or something in scenes that have LUA, and save the LUA, then save the scene.

Yes, it solved it for me. When you edit a scene (adding or deleting a device for example) always save the LUA code, even if not that part is changed. In this case it will not corrupt you code. If it already has, you need to re-enter the code.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:15:57 pm by Matsohl »
Vera Plus and Vera Edge with (Hue, Fibaro, Qubino, IKEA, Nexa, Sonos, Telldus, Sensative, Imperihome etc.) and Arduino, ESP8266

Offline johns224

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 10:54:48 pm »
Just to chime in... I discovered this issue tonight, and it is maddening. 

I tried following the advice of resaving the LUA and scenes for each scene to see if the problem goes away but it immediately simply corrupted the first scene I tried - the LUA just gets garbled at the end.  I have many scenes with LUA in them so I don't know how to fix this.  I now have scenes that won't work and I have no idea how to fix them. 

I have a VeraLite running 1.7.902 if that is useful...

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:57 am »
If you use Vera Alerts ... Add a notification to each scene ...
It will fix ALL scenes in one go ...

The latest version of MCV software requires all scenes be upgraded at one time .... but they only allow you to edit one scene at a time.

The only other approach is to delete ALL scenes with LUA (and startup LUA)  and start over.

Offline johns224

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 11:26:24 am »
If you use Vera Alerts ... Add a notification to each scene ...
It will fix ALL scenes in one go ...

Appreciate the help - and maybe I'm not understanding something, but the scene in question does have a Vera Alert on it, but when I save, it corrupts the LUA.  Is this what I have to do for each, and then correct the corrupted LUA?  If so, it seems not much better than deleting all scenes and starting over...

Offline rafale77

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »
Looks like people are not reading the entire thread.

1. The latest vera firmware appears to have fixed the Lua code inside the scene logic. Both the beta and the release of 7.0.19 have a feature preventing you from saving special characters from the Lua editor in the scenes. If you have Lua code in your scene and want to save it, you want to go into the LUA editor. Type something random and delete it, then hit save. It will save the code and then save the scene. If you do not type something and delete it, the "save" button on the editor will not work. If you do not enter the lua editor and try to save the scene with the existing code, it will corrupt your code.
This is what Shallowearth solution is for.

2. This is not true for the Trigger portion of the lua code. Any lua code in the trigger lua editor will prevent the scene from being saved. The Vera will throw the message in the title of this thread. This remains a bug. Support told me they are aware and will fix it in the next release.

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »
@rafale77 @RichardTSchaefer
Read through the post I'm on UI7 and VeraPlus, I tried adding the notification in the scene but get that error message.  I try to delete a scene and I can't I get the Failed to Save error again.  Not sure what I'm missing.  I tried deleting the LUA altogether and same error.  What am I doing wrong? v 1.7.2414

Offline rafale77

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:58 pm »
@nutshellml, do you have any lua code in the scene trigger of the scene you are trying to modify? My only solution has been to downgrade to 7.0.13 (not easy), do my edits, and upgrade back

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 09:03:19 pm »
@nutshellml, do you have any lua code in the scene trigger of the scene you are trying to modify? My only solution has been to downgrade to 7.0.13 (not easy), do my edits, and upgrade back

I have two scenes that are manually triggered with LUA codes.  All the other scenes do not.    I can't even delete a scene that does not have a LUA code in it.

What a mess, I'm having issues editing some devices too.  ie. Vera Alerts adding a new profile and setting it up trying to save I get the message...

I have no idea what happened. I can't edit/add anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:49:32 pm by nutshellml »

Offline rafale77

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 01:52:37 am »
This sounds bad. Have you tried downgrading back?