Author Topic: Any new z-wave devices for pools?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline tomtcom

Any new z-wave devices for pools?
« on: July 04, 2016, 11:58:34 am »
I've combed the internet for new devices beyond the typical items mentioned in this forum. I'm looking for a floater in the water with multiple tests to zwave the values back to the controller. I know it's a long shot and seen some shoddy substitutes but I'm surprised there isn't anything new on the market.

With that said, any pool/tech conventions showing new zwave pool devices that I might not have seen coming out in the next year? I'm not looking to make DIY type sensors.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Any new z-wave devices for pools?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:57:54 pm »
What sort of tests are you looking for?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:59:37 pm »
What sort of tests are you looking for?

There are handheld electronic testers as an example that can do the acid test, salinity, chlorine, and alkalinity for example but I saw a product that used a close source transmitter for only one or two tests, cost way to much, and had extremely negative reviews.

Ideally a floater that conducted the tests and transmitted the values back to Vera. I have a relatively new head unit so buying the Intermatic as mentioned in this forum is not really practical for me.

I guess really I'm just surprised there hasn't been any equipment beyond what we've seen in this forum except for commercial uses.

Offline mgustus

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »
I have not seen what you are looking for. I do know a startup that has a wireless tester that floats in your pool. They haven't shipped product yet so who knows. Check out http://mysutro.com/

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:49:49 pm »
I have not seen what you are looking for. I do know a startup that has a wireless tester that floats in your pool. They haven't shipped product yet so who knows. Check out http://mysutro.com/

Brilliant! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for finding this and sharing it.